Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Random Skyrim Moments

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Not sure if this is random of the way its supposed to be but anyway.

Had to do some mission with one of the shipping companies in Windhelm. So basically i hop on this boat as we have to attack some bloodhoarkers [sic]. The boat takes me to the far north east of the map. On arrival they tell me to go on ahead to the island while they hold tight. I swim to this snowy island enter a cave and kill everyone.

On leaving the island everything is blowing up. The lads on boats have suddenly got cruise missiles and are bomboarding it. With me still on it. After working out the pattern I head back to the boat to be told thanks buddy. I'm brought back to Windhelm and the mission ends.

Nothing odd so far. So then after the mission I fast travel to the island. This is where things get weird. There is no one anyway on the island or its surround yet the cruise missiles are still falling all over the shop. Serious its like an illegal missile rave in some barn in the countryside. So I go for a swim to see whats in the surrounding area. The water is very deep and dark. And the island is is surrounded by an invisible wall. Fast travel isnt allowed ("You cannot fast travel from this location") and Lydia disappears.

Meanwhile the explosions keep going and I'm stuck, forever.

I reloaded from a previous save point.

Odd. Just odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Left the inn at Rorikstead and met a challenger. He said he'd heard I was an accomplished mage and challenged me to a fight. He was pretty tough and I enjoyed the fight.

What I thought was hilarious though was that he kept giving out to me, accusing me of cheating and making condescending comments about how a magic duel is supposed to work.

...If I want to use my sword, I'll use my bloody sword. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Left the inn at Rorikstead and met a challenger. He said he'd heard I was an accomplished mage and challenged me to a fight. He was pretty tough and I enjoyed the fight.

What I thought was hilarious though was that he kept giving out to me, accusing me of cheating and making condescending comments about how a magic duel is supposed to work.

...If I want to use my sword, I'll use my bloody sword. :pac:

I came across him as well, i cut his head off with an axe, he killed me a few times before it though.

3191360_460s.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

Have any of you tried skyrim high resolution texture pack? It looks fvcking Real. Yesterday i killed three dragons at same time at the same place. Ancient, elder and frost dragon. See the difference
    elderscrollsvskyrimscreen436x360_dd0e4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Didn't happen on my version on Skyrim but a mate's since his was crashing and needed my help to fix it.

So, I do a few tweaks and play the game running around in the wilderness to see if it would crash on him.

Next thing I see a shadow going over me, I immediately assume it's a dragon, I look up and realise it's a horse falling from the sky :pac:

Hit the ground pretty hard, too. I don't think it lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I was fast travelling to an area near dawnstar for a quest. When I arrived outside a dungeon i had cleared two dead dragur just appear underneath the horse. Then i hear a dragon.

Head out as far as it to see if i can get its soul. Turns out this frost dragon is having it out with a giant and mammoth. that old orc dude is getting getting involved too. Well between the orc and dragon the giant gets downed and then i go to fight the orc who i thought was a mate but wanted to fight me to the death. Shadowmere, lydia and my atronach are taking shots at the dragon and by the time ive dealt with the orc im pretty jacked.

I hope on my horse to get away from dragon who is about to kill me. Peggin it up the coast i come across a sabre cat, frost troll and a group of bandits fighting two giants and one or two mammoths. When all of these start at me with the dragon still following i didnt want to hang around when i saw a military cmap. Went up thinking these lads will be good help when a blood dragon is there.

Turns out the second dragon had been there before i arrived so now ive got bandits, sabrecats, frost trolls, giants, mammoths and two dragons all hostile and close.

I ran up a rock outcrop and started raining down arrows with lydia while my atronach peppered the area with fireballs. In the confusion i also managed to aggro the imperials so i have to mop up every who didnt kill each other. Managed to down the both dragon souls though so ended well. I was running on very little mana/stamina/health for a long oul while though

I was fast travelling to an area near dawnstar for a quest. When I arrived outside a dungeon i had cleared two dead dragur just appear underneath the horse. Then i hear a dragon.

Head out as far as it to see if i can get its soul. Turns out this frost dragon is having it out with a giant and mammoth. that old orc dude is getting getting involved too. Well between the orc and dragon the giant gets downed and then i go to fight the orc who i thought was a mate but wanted to fight me to the death. Shadowmere, lydia and my atronach are taking shots at the dragon and by the time ive dealt with the orc im pretty jacked.

I hope on my horse to get away from dragon who is about to kill me. Peggin it up the coast i come across a sabre cat, frost troll and a group of bandits fighting two giants and one or two mammoths. When all of these start at me with the dragon still following i didnt want to hang around when i saw a military cmap. Went up thinking these lads will be good help when a blood dragon is there.

Turns out the second dragon had been there before i arrived so now ive got bandits, sabrecats, frost trolls, giants, mammoths and two dragons all hostile and close.

I ran up a rock outcrop and started raining down arrows with lydia while my atronach peppered the area with fireballs. In the confusion i also managed to aggro the imperials so i have to mop up every who didnt kill each other. Managed to down the both dragon souls though so ended well. I was running on very little mana/stamina/health for a long oul while though

Now that's a story to tell the grandkids. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

I remember when I started the quest where you go to the thalmor dinner and you have to give up all your clothes and weapons, as soon as I had given them up a dragon appears so I have nothing to throw at the the dragons as all I had was low level shouts, i have to rely on the city guard of solitude to kill this dragon. Needless to say by the end of it most of the towns guard were dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭i am an onion

I remember when I started the quest where you go to the thalmor dinner and you have to give up all your clothes and weapons, as soon as I had given them up a dragon appears so I have nothing to throw at the the dragons as all I had was low level shouts, i have to rely on the city guard of solitude to kill this dragon. Needless to say by the end of it most of the towns guard were dead.

Haha, the EXACT same thing happened to me.

I thought it was awesome! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Got 100% in the game a few days ago, first time playing an Elder Scrolls game and loved every minute of it. First time getting a platinum trophy on the playstation too!

Looking forward to the DLC now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Killergamer97

Gerda the cleaner in dragonsreach sent hired thugs after me!WTF?!!!

Did you steal anything in Dragon's Reach? Hit her with a sword? Pick her pocket? Anything along those lines and they'll send thugs after you after awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Was brawling with the guy who runs the stables in Riften, when he suddenly decides, mid fight, to take out a sword. Guards come running over and kill him. Not a clue why he done it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Killergamer97

Did you steal anything in Dragon's Reach? Hit her with a sword? Pick her pocket? Anything along those lines and they'll send thugs after you after awhile.
    Yeah, i suppose it makes sense now cause i had stolen an elven sword from dragonsreach :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Is that only if they catch you or do they just automatically realise it's you, cause I'm going to be leaving there soon and I robbed/pickpocted anything valuable though I was never caught!!

Is that only if they catch you or do they just automatically realise it's you, cause I'm going to be leaving there soon and I robbed/pickpocted anything valuable though I was never caught!!

Well, I wasn't caught when I robbed a book from Anise out in the Wilderness but there was still thugs waiting for me when I arrived in Whiterun, so I'd say they realise it's you after awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

At Dragontooth Crater, the resident dragon declined to attack me.

He just sat on the ground looking at me.

Kinda odd....... still though, he had to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Star_Cow

Here are some of my Rediculous Misadventures in Skyrim

*After walking half way across the courtyard of the College Of Winter Hold I heard a loud crunch behind me & a tail swing across the far left of my screen I turned around brandishing my Daedric Sword to Encounter My First Elder Dragon after handing it's ass on a silver platter its Corpse remained there during the the rest of the College's Quest line...

*As I head towards a Dwemer ruin something Possessed me to look into the near by vent that was broken open and as I looked it it said ENTER (INSERT DWEMER RUIN NAME HERE) Thinking the Dev Team may be referrenceing Half-Lifes vent crawling or even Mario I laughed at the idea of sneaking in through the vents to get the loot in side...

*Roaming the waste lands of Skyrim with my Companion Lydia I came across a Giant Camp after dealing with 'The Lovely Locals' I came across a Giant's Club with 250 DMG. Naturally I would of picked it up if the game allowed but to my dispair I couldn't but all was not lost when I smiled at Lydia brandishing the Giants Club and crushing all in her path

*Roaming near by Solitude I spotted the Headless Horse Man hearing of this apperition I concluded to hunt down him for fun Sprinting after him in Full Daedric Armour & Whirl Wind Sprinting to close any distances that seemed to let him get out of sight dodging all that came into my path Bandits,Dragons,Giants,Mammoths and anything that Skyrim could throw at me appeared from every corner as I kept running after the Horse Man Downing all of my Stamina Potions to come to Hadvars Rest near White Run he dissapated, although upset I found it funny to half run a marathon after the Horse Man abandoning the Civil War Quest Line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

This may be the wrong place to ask this but I don't feel the need to start a thread with the question, I have never played any of the Elder Scrolls games, not one, nor do I know much if anything about them. Would it be wise to play from the start of them or would I be ok to play Skyrim without any back knowledge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

they are all set centuries apart so you can hop right in wherever you like

kryogen wrote: »
    This may be the wrong place to ask this but I don't feel the need to start a thread with the question, I have never played any of the Elder Scrolls games, not one, nor do I know much if anything about them. Would it be wise to play from the start of them or would I be ok to play Skyrim without any back knowledge?

There's references to previous games at times but each game introduces a new crisis, a new hero and often several centuries have passed since the last game's crisis so you're absolutely fine to jump straight into Skyrim.

I honestly doubt you'd want to start at the start anyway. The original Elder Scrolls is something like 20 years old and won't run on modern operating systems, I believe. Which means a fair bit of hassle to get it going, if you could even get a copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Cool, cheers, Im gonna give this a go over the weekend so :)

Few friends have been raving about it since it came out and I have finally let my curiousity get the better of me

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Downloading Dawnguard and whimpering in ecstacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 hurleyman15

I walk straight into the Thalmor embassy because the guards are protecting themselves from a fight between a saber cat and a dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Seeing big orange butterflys around in real life at the moment and having an urge to grab them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Just started playing this game recently and I'm hooked! Some random things that have happened me:
    1. Got my horse, all happy out running around the place and I decide to press the jump button while still to make the horror rear up, but instead of rearing up it flies backwards about 200ft as if hit by a giant. Tried it again just to see was it a fluke, and it happened again, only this time it was off the top of a mountain. Rip frost!

2. In the quest where you are getting the staff of something to help in the college place (yeah I'm not good with names!) I was fighting the boss at the end. He had already killed me several times and I was finding it tough as he turns your atronachs against you. So I'm all tactical, opening the door, shouting and casting a spell and closing the door again before he can find me but it's a slow process. So I decide, screw it I'm going in! What happens? The fecker doesn't even try attack me. I walk up to him and beat the sh1t out of him with my axe. That was half an hour irl wasted!!

3. Possibly part of the same mission as above, the start where you come across the skeletal dragon. I was again being tactical, not lifting the iron gate, casting atronachs and shouts through it to kill everything. Finally the coast is clear so I go in to do a bit of looting. The dragon decides to respawn at full health, grab me in his mouth and flip me into the air. Just when I thought I had gotten good!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

My best moment was at level 50, fighting one dragon, only to see another fly in the sky. Had 2 on my hands, then saw a third in the distance, so got him involved too. it was great crack having three dragons attack you at the same time. Kille dthe hell out of them all too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 listen_lady

This one time I was in Winterhold and a dragon landed on Ranmir and instakilled him. Fun times. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

Yeah, i suppose it makes sense now cause i had stolen an elven sword from dragonsreach :/

Of course they know.

Advertisement