Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Promac wrote: »
    Hi ladies - expectant first-time dad here and we just discovered it's twins (fraternal).

Wow, twins - instant family! Exciting times. :D Glad to hear your OH is doing so well.

To all the ladies out there, just wondering if anyone else has been having or have had mood swings in their 9th week? I have been feeling so upset - things have been a bit stressful at work/extended family but am not sure if it is just me being upset over stuff or is it the pregnancy. Yesterday, I was on to my OH in work and just started crying for no reason.

Nothing I can do about either, I suppose. But would love to hear that its related to the pregnancy and everyone goes through this and that I am not alone feeling low.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Hi emerb, sorry I cant comment on either hosp for you. But I do know of a few who had their babies in Gal, and all had positive experiences.

Congrats Promac. How lucky were ye getting preggers so fast! And then to find out its twins. How exciting! Best of luck to ye.

Queen of sheebs - good to hear all is well with you. Good luck with your scan on tues by the way! I'm the exact same as you - nausea all day every day. So much for having an ease to the nausea earlier in the week... It's back to normal again for me! But it's a good sign I guess. I'm actually coming around to getting used to it now. Does anyone else feel like that? I just pray I dont get to the vomiting stage this time around. It's soooo not easy at work.

How are the rest of ye doing? Anyone else got dates for first apt? I've mine in 3 weeks.

Wow, twins - instant family! Exciting times. :D Glad to hear your OH is doing so well.

To all the ladies out there, just wondering if anyone else has been having or have had mood swings in their 9th week? I have been feeling so upset - things have been a bit stressful at work/extended family but am not sure if it is just me being upset over stuff or is it the pregnancy. Yesterday, I was on to my OH in work and just started crying for no reason.

Nothing I can do about either, I suppose. But would love to hear that its related to the pregnancy and everyone goes through this and that I am not alone feeling low.

H emmabrighton,
    I can relate to you re the above. I'm ok at the min (9 weeks 2mor), but I had a pretty stressful time at work around week 6. I really do believe i found it more difficult cos i was preggers. Usually I can handle irate customers ok, but definitely found it more difficult and it wore me out. So dont be hard on yourself. Cry if you want to cry - let your body respond and be kind to yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Ya Emma my moods are all over the place at the moment. It doesn't help
    that i have to puke about ten times a day and i am so tired . Unfortunetly this is all normal.

Congrats promac on the twins how exciting!

Goodluck Queen of sheebs next week. Cant wait till i have my scan. Hopefully in the next few weeks.
    Roll on the weekend so i can have a sleep in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Anyone intending on getting the flu vaccine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Hi
    Queen of sheebs my doc gave me the flu vaccine the day she confirmed my pregnancy, I will be 10 weeks tomorrow. I hadnt really thought/planned it before that visit but she advised as we were still in the flu season and your immune system is low because of the pregnancy there was no harm in getting it. I had never had it before and never had flu before either but glad I had it now, I think I read somewhere on the net today about hse announcing cases of flu had doubled in the last week and were asking all 'at risk' people to get vaccinated.

Can anyone recommend where to get a private scan in the northeast? I have the date for my scan at beginning of April when im 16 weeks:eek: I am seriously thinking about getting a private scan before that maybe beginning March when i'm12 weeks, all advise welcome
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Starting getting really sore/swollen boobs last week so decided to treat myself to some maternity bras. Was in newry anyway over the weekend and called into debenhams, they had some maternity bras still in the sale, so got measured and I have jumped 2 cup sizes to an E cup, still the same across the back, got 3 bras in the sale for a little over 10stg so happy with that, as at this rate could be in a F or G cup before end of pregnancy:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Had my scan today....all is well and is measuring exactly to my dates! He/she looked like a real baby, which i wasn't expecting as I'm only 8w +3. It was so nice to see the heartbeat. They also found a cyst on my right ovary about 4cm in size which would explain some of the pains I've been having!

Thats great news queen of sheebs , Its such a relief to see the baby and the heartbeat. :)

I was lucky last time my boobs only went from a C to a D so i didn't have to buy too many bras. My morning sickness has worn off a bit thank God . We are going away at the weekend and i was dreading it but i was only sick a couple of times since the weekend. How is everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im 9 weeks and from using due date calculators looking like I'm due around the 26th of September. This wasn't planned and I am totally terrified! Labour was terrible 2nd time round due to a midwife that decided to be sarcastic when i told her my problem rather than actually help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Hi again, I'm 9 1/2 weeks now and feeling good. Tiredness is the only thing affecting me now but thats not as bad as a few weeks ago. I had nausea for about 2 weeks but thats gone now thankfully. I know I'm really lucky to be feeling this well but have a small bit of anxiety that I should be feeling worse! The nasty symptoms kinda remind you that you're pregnant and feeling like you should be. I'm dying to get to the 12 weeks scan to make sure all is ok. Thought about getting an earlier scan but feel like I would be giving in to my worries, I should just be positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Evening All,

I'm tired and sick and grumpy this week :mad:

Finally got my first appointment at the hospital sorted today so just waiting for that. I'm finding work very stressful but trying to learn to let it pass over me

Can anyone confirm for me when the first scan is offered for public patients in Holles Street, Dublin?

Hope everyone is feeling ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

MintyDoris wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm for me when the first scan is offered for public patients in Holles Street, Dublin?

Not until 27 weeks in my case (last pregnancy). In my experience and that of others I've spoken to they do not provide early (dating) scans, even on request. One acquaintance had to make threats of lawsuits to get his wife an early scan, even though she had had complications in her previous pregnancy and one was indicated as necessary.

Squiggler wrote: »
    Not until 27 weeks in my case (last pregnancy). In my experience and that of others I've spoken to they do not provide early (dating) scans, even on request. One acquaintance had to make threats of lawsuits to get his wife an early scan, even though she had had complications in her previous pregnancy and one was indicated as necessary.

God that's horrific squigs. Is Holles St really that busy that it cant give earlier appointments? I really feel for people that are in that situation. It's so unfair - just cos you live in one part of the country you're penalised like this. It's unbelievable the differences between public hosptials in this country. BTW hope you got a private scan sorted for yourself.

We're definitely going to be getting a private scan sorted this time - and won't be going near Holles St one way or the other.

Regarding scans there though, it seems to be a policy they have that they don't provide the early scan. Really does bring to the fore how important it is to research hospital policies (official and unofficial) before committing to one.

The variance in maternity services in Ireland is incredible when you really look into it. There is little or no consistency, even among consultants in the same hospitals sometimes. And the flagrant disregard of WHO guidelines by many is a bit shocking.

We were/are actually tempted to explore maternity tourism options elsewhere in Europe. See if it would be worth our while moving to the Netherlands or somewhere with better maternity care and more choice to have the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Hi All,

nearly 12 week, counting down the days, slowly getting appetite back!

Minty Doris, I was tired an emotional a few weeks ago, getting better now though, it too will pass! ;)

Haven't put up any weight but my width is increasing, jeans wont fit, lots of clothes are out of the wardrobe already! :eek: Have nothing to wear now except tracksuit pants (fine at home, not ok at work!) :o
    We have scan next week, was horrified to read about lack of early scans at some hospitals, its hard to credit! Was listening to a lady on Newstalk today, her child will suffer partial hearing loss due to a 2 year delay in getting gromits implanted! What kind of health system will our babies come into? On a happier note, I hope everyone is well, and feeling positive (hard when queasy!)

P.S. I bought a preganancy workout DVD, best investment ever! it has really lifted my mood, I would strongly recommend a light exercise programme, feel much better since!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sunshine2000

Hi all I haven't been on in ages but glad everyone is doing well.
    I'm 11 and 1/2 weeks today and everything seems to be going well so far. I have been feeling a bit of pelvic pressure the last two days, has and one else been getting this?
    Iv had two early scans and I'll have my main dating scan on the 8th, I think I'll be happier once I get that one done. I feel the time is crawling at the mo, I'm looking forward to being able to tell people and get excited!!

Hi all I haven't been on in ages but glad everyone is doing well.
    I'm 11 and 1/2 weeks today and everything seems to be going well so far. I have been feeling a bit of pelvic pressure the last two days, has and one else been getting this?
    Iv had two early scans and I'll have my main dating scan on the 8th, I think I'll be happier once I get that one done. I feel the time is crawling at the mo, I'm looking forward to being able to tell people and get excited!!

Its amazing sunshine the amount of aches and pains you will feel when pregnant. The streching pains and braxton hicks to name but a few but if you
    are worried you should visit your GP.

hello, been a few days since i visited.

I have been feeling unwell and have started having cravings - or is it too early? Well, cravings is probably not the word... more like aversion to everything else except... *insert item here* :)

Today it is citrus fruits - lemons and oranges - I can't get enough of them. My flatmate is downstairs cooking and all I really want to do is run down there and grab some homemade lemonade out of the fridge. But, he just saw me down 2 tumblers full and he has no idea that I am pregnant so I think he will think I am strange if I go down and get some more. I sure hope he finishes cooking soon - I really really want some lemonade :pac: Ill wait an hour and then go down to get some. I reckon that will be a respectable enough time.

In other news, my sister gave birth to a little baby girl on Wednesday in Mount Carmel hospital in Dublin. I had originally booked into Wexford General hospital but as I live half way between the two I am now being swayed towards Mount Carmel because the staff seemed so nice and all my family live in Dublin. It will mean an extra 3k that I haven't budgeted for. But, I will get more scans - granted not 3k worth of scans... Sensible emma would tell looney pregnant emma to cop herself on.

I dunno what to do! I said I would call back tomorrow and pay the deposit. So I have 24h to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Hi guys,
    I've been following you all on here for a few weeks and finally decided to take the plunge and join in. I'm 9w 4d today. Found out at 6 weeks after suspecting something was different for a few weeks. Shocked by it all but starting to get my head around the whole thing now :)

Week 6 and 7 were full of nausea. From the minute I woke up till the time I fell asleep I felt like I was gonna puke my guts up...but didn't.

Last week and this week its been consistent puking. Exhausted and can't seem to move before 2 o clock without puking my guts up. Bile is nasty! Haha. Anyway hope all are doing well and emmabrighton I understand your citrus fruit obsession! I had 3 oranges today, and a litre of orange juice. Very odd :-P

Best of luck everyone x

• Advertisement

:D LOL the oranges one is hillarious alright, I'm constantly at the satsumas, OJ and big oranges, I keep joking with the hub that the child will be born with glasses (we're both of the spectacle wearing variety) and orange! Orangina if its a girl and Oráiste if its a boy! :p

Just had a scan today, 11w 1d, because was worried because I had been bleeding yesterday. The ob-gyn was happy with what she saw and I was delighted. I have a little gummy-bear. So feickin cute!!! It was doing twirls in my tummy, kicking its legs and swinging its arms. So happy! I cant stop smiling.

Hope everyone and their little beans are having a lovely day too :D

Congrats Emmab.
    Great news baby is healthy especially after your scare:D.

Great stuff Emmab! :D Delighted that baby is doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Great news Emmab - you must be breathing a bit easier now :D We'll hopefully be going for a scan soon

Ladies I am still completely knackered and very sick. I retch all day long and my throat is raw from coughing. I really hope these symptoms end soon - they are sending me crazy. I work as a receptionist I just cant summon up the professional face and genuine smile when I feel so sick. I know I look pale and tired too no matter how carefully I put my make up on

Hope everyone else is feeling good. Its really starting to sink in now

Had a private scan today, for dating purposes. Our little bug didn't like the scan much, I could actually feel the "go away" kicks and jumps. But all is well, heartbeat nice and steady and everything as it should be.

Hope the rest of you are keeping well.

Hi Mintydoris . I am exactly the same as you i was sick eight times yesterday.
    I am completely knackered and i feel sorry for my OH as he has to get up at seven all weekend with the young fella cos i cant get out of the bed.

Congrats Squiggler. It must be a relief to see the little one.

I hope the sickness is starting to ease for those of you that suffer from it. I've been really lucky not to have that problem, buckets of nausea but without any actual throwing up :)

The nausea has totally cleared up for me but I am still exhausted, and having trouble sleeping through the night which isn't helping. Most nights I seem to wake 5 or 6 times and some of those times I really struggle to get back to sleep.

I miss sleep :(

Beginning to get other things organised now too. Still haven't told anyone, we're thinking the later we tell them the better. My hubby doesn't want to tell his family until after the baby has been born, but that seems a bit extreme to me :)

Hi All,

Had our scan last week, I was blubbing like something that ....eh, ... blubs! :o Anyway spent all weekend telling rest of family, friends etc.

Bought fist lot of baby stuff in Dunnes, they have most Avent stuff, bottles, sterilizer, room thermometer etc. half price (I think its for rest of week) I hope to breastfeed but I bought some bottles anyway! Relief of seeing baby has made me even more excited! How am I going to wait out the next 6 months!!!!! :eek:

Squiggler: I was dying laughing at the waiting until baby arrives approach! Yup it's funny how your realtions suddenly start on the advice! I've tried to let it in one ear and out the other: tough though!

• Advertisement

taxus, it is so difficult not to buy things, although we already have most of the essentials from last pregnancy so our list is much shorter this time. I still find myself looking at stuff so I have to keep reminding myself it is much too early to be buying for baby.

One thing to bear in mind is that some newborns are already too large for newborn clothes. We're not buying anything that's 0-3 months. One excellent piece of advice I received from my sister was to buy lots of footless rompers. You can roll up legs/sleeves and will get much more wear out of them. (We also have long babies with long legs and feet so she found she had to cut feet off sleepsuits)

Advertisement