Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circus In Ballincollig

• 22-03-2012 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a circus on in Ballincollig at the moment.

Saw two signs driving through it this morning but couldn't make out where it actually was.

Anybody have any information on it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Nidot wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if there is a circus on in Ballincollig at the moment.

Saw two signs driving through it this morning but couldn't make out where it actually was.

Anybody have any information on it?

Thanks

There's a circus in the Opera House at the moment, perhaps that's what the signs were for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Milly33

There is one setting up today down where the marquee goes..that could be the one... Or else they normally set up down by the Greyhound track too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Saw signs for circus down in blackpool today. Think it said it is on in blackpool. Big sign saying Exotic animals. Was that similar to the one you saw OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭thejuggler

There is a circus in Ballincollig. Its in the field opposite the White Horse pub at the west end of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Milly33 wrote: »
    There is one setting up today down where the marquee goes..that could be the one... Or else they normally set up down by the Greyhound track too

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Saw signs for circus down in blackpool today. Think it said it is on in blackpool. Big sign saying Exotic animals. Was that similar to the one you saw OP?

thejuggler wrote: »
    There is a circus in Ballincollig. Its in the field opposite the White Horse pub at the west end of the town.

So correct in that there's a circus in Ballincollig, but two other circuses in Cork at the moment also - madness if it's true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

can someone tell me which circuses they are and where they are exactly at the moment?

im thinking of taking our 2 year old! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭thejuggler

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Moscow State Circus is in the Opera House though I think it might be finishing tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thejuggler wrote: »

thats very near my house ;)

I remember before 2 years back maybe the circus was in town and the elephants escaped :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sneakee

Circus Gerbola is in the Sallybrook area of glanmire still today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Worztron

I urge everyone to boycott circuses that use animals.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sok2005

Worztron wrote: »
    I urge everyone to boycott circuses that use animals.

I hate the circus, wouldn't bring my kids to one in a million years. This footage is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

there's a circus in Midleton today, at Market Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

after watching the above i couldn't decide if i wanted to go, for years we have been entertained by circuses, and my OH has never been to one so i wanted to show him an animal circus before they were gone,

then i saw this:

i just can't bring myself to go! the poor elephant must have been desperate to get away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Works well methinks.

Have never been to the circus nor do I think I'll ever go. I can't agree with it, especially with the case in the UK last year of the elephant being abused.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Milly33 wrote: »
    There is one setting up today down where the marquee goes..that could be the one...

That's Funderland. Same thing that's been in the showgrounds every Easter for about 20 years now, if not more.

hoodwinked wrote: »
    ...i just can't bring myself to go! the poor elephant must have been desperate to get away
    pandaboy wrote: »
    ...Have never been to the circus nor do I think I'll ever go. I can't agree with it, especially with the case in the UK last year of the elephant being abused.

What was the name of that circus? I will add it to my long boycott list.

The circus "trainers" break the spirit of the poor animals through non-stop torture (both physical and mental). No wonder the misfortune elephant was desperate to escape those thugs. Most people have no idea about what happens behind the scenes at circuses.

Alice Walker: "Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored."

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NonSickle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDMyEHY6ELs&feature=related

Please watch this video of how elephants are trained, you might think twice about going to the circus. Fair play to anyone going if they are aware this goes on. Also look at the bullhooks that are used and one was used on the elephant in cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Went out to see the runaway elephant today, it was the smallest of a heard of them. They had been paraded through the SC the previous day, "Baby" simply wanted more of the limelight and free treats ~ they remember and the kids gave them loads of treats ~

BTW, it sold out after the news hit, advance bookings as far away as Limerick are flooding in.

The poor elephant was desperate to escape his miserable life. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement