Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking ticket up north

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nope.

It is all civil. You don't pay eventually a bailiff (within NI only) will come looking for the money. No courts involved at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

All civil!!

Hence decriminalised!
    Does that (forgive my ignorance of the finer points of the law!) mean that not paying an NI council parking ticket is not breaking the law?

Nope. The act of not paying is not an offence.

To get even more technical they are all civil contraventions not offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

i got one from new zealand, it was a rented car, it arrived a good month later, haha as if i was going to pay it, the clowns

• Advertisement

i got one from new zealand, it was a rented car, it arrived a good month later, haha as if i was going to pay it, the clowns
    Have a read through the t&cs of your rental agreement - I take it you paid by CC? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Anan1 wrote: »
    Does that (forgive my ignorance of the finer points of the law!) mean that not paying an NI council parking ticket is not breaking the law?

Its the same with removing a clamp. If you can do it with no damage its a civil matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Anan1 wrote: »
    Have a read through the t&cs of your rental agreement - I take it you paid by CC? ;)

fat chance :D, its not a place i tend to travel to often

Its the same with removing a clamp. If you can do it with no damage its a civil matter.
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2009/en/si/0406.html

Referring to NI here folks. Keep on topic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I got a parking fine in the north a couple of months ago. They sent a letter saying if it wasn't paid in two weeks it'd be increased to £90. I ignored it, then got a letter saying I now owe them £90. I ignored it too and now I've received a letter saying I owe them £135.

Should I keep ignoring them or just pay up? What will or could happen if I keep ignoring them? I rarely be in the north if that makes any difference.

Advertisement