Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Model scouts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

That’s actuality what I like most about the show, The two mentors have respect for the girls and treat them like humans rather than trying to show them how mean the fashion industry is just for good TV.

Also the girls have respect for each other and seem to be friends which makes it more watch able than all the other cringe worthy realty TV shows including ANTM.

How Sarah was sent home I will never know, by far the most comfortable in her own skin and real in terms of her shape, but I suppose they always will go for no hips and small waste which I will never understand.

Great show RTE well done, I will reframe from mentioning that down the pub though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I am a shilling low post count person. I love this show because is great time. Anyone who hates this show is like hitler. Trudi is the best she looks great when she does blue steel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tracy Lee

kmick wrote: »
    I am a shilling low post count person. I love this show because is great time. Anyone who hates this show is like hitler. Trudi is the best she looks great when she does blue steel.

:confused: eh.......ok!

was reading on another forum that apparently heather (who was kicked out in week 2 I think) has been signed by IMG paris. so looks like all the girls are gonna do well. nice to see they are not just being used to make a tv programme. credit due to IMG. it was always obvious that David and Jeni were in it for real and not just like ANTM which seems so fake compared to this show.

Not sure how many people are actually watching it but RTE have come up with a real winner here. in an era where everything seems so crass with fade street and one night stand (horrible programmes) nice to see we can make decent reality tv here.

kateof wrote: »
    I'm loving the model scouts, I think Tabea is a natural, but a part of me finds the show a tad bland!
    There's no bitchiness, like on NTM? A bit of 'evil' makes great tv, maybe next year they could find a bitcy mag editor or someone to bring a bit of OMG to the show. Just my opinion, Dont get me wrong tho, I like that the scouts treat the girls with respect and kindness, I just crave someone to bitch about!!!!

Im sure they didnt all get on that well. no doubt there were some tensions and maybe itll come out. but I'm tired off all those bitchy programmes. looks like the makers of this did not push or feed that side of the girls personalities and they deserve a lot of credit for that

• Advertisement

cant wait for tonights episode. its the second one from sydney. think theres only a couple left after tonights so its coming to the business end. I think Lucy might go tonight. She does not really seem to be at the standard being set by Ashling and Tabea. Ellen too. Jessica might go but unless Lucy transforms miraculously from what we saw last week then there can only be one result surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 shtemcguire

lucy looks lik she wants it i tink shell make an effort this week, shte over and out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

My fave went! :( But the decision made sense, and she was very low energy in Australia. It kinda seems like she would have lacked the food discipline required.

Go Tabea though! Funny that's it the one with non-Irish origins who is the most successful! :D

Jessica was definitely the funniest but yes as the episode went on it became clearer that she was falling backwards and didnt have the heart for it. dont think she was gonna win it anyway. Its a straight fight between Ellen and Tabea I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Tabea <3

The voiceover annoys me though, the guy has the worst accent and it's so intrusive - you don't need to narrate EVERYTHING.

• Advertisement

I like his voice. hugh o connor the actor does it. but tonight I have to agree he was all over it. they need to stop getting him to describe every single thing everyone does. its too much

double bill next week so it will be over cos there is only 2 episodes left. pity it doesnt run into christmas week. it will be good to know the winner but dont really feel they ran this show properly. Whether it was the break in between or something but it barely feels like its getting going and its over next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kateof

I have to say the voice over doesn't bother me in the slightest, in fact I haven't noticed him at all!!
    I loved Lucy tonight, I think she is coming into her own, and gaining much needed confidence. I love Ellen too, but I think Lucy would be fantastic if she can just get out of her own way. I don't think Aishling has staying power, and is too concerned with everyone liking her, I think she will do great in Ireland - nearer her family.
    Tabea is IT tho' I don't think her nationality is an issue, she has been brought up and went to school in Ireland, she sees it as her home, I for one think of her as Irish and am rootin for her big time. I'd like Lucy to be runner up.
    So cool!

I loved Lucy tonight, I think she is coming into her own, and gaining much needed confidence.

I know, very pleased that Lucy is making progress.

Tabea is IT tho' I don't think her nationality is an issue, she has been brought up and went to school in Ireland, she sees it as her home, I for one think of her as Irish and am rootin for her big time. I'd like Lucy to be runner up.
    So cool!

I never said her nationality was an issue, it just an observation, seeing as Ireland doesn't produce as many models as other nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

My fave went! :( But the decision made sense, and she was very low energy in Australia. It kinda seems like she would have lacked the food discipline required.

Go Tabea though! Funny that's it the one with non-Irish origins who is the most successful! :D

I thought her mum was from Ireland and her Dad from Germany?

Another great show last night really watchable telly!!

Mr Posh wrote: »
    I thought her mum was from Ireland and her Dad from Germany?

I'm not criticising the girl, it's just an observation, seeing as Irish girls tend to not top models make! :)

I have to say the voice over doesn't bother me in the slightest, in fact I haven't noticed him at all!!
    I loved Lucy tonight, I think she is coming into her own, and gaining much needed confidence. I love Ellen too, but I think Lucy would be fantastic if she can just get out of her own way. I don't think Aishling has staying power, and is too concerned with everyone liking her, I think she will do great in Ireland - nearer her family.
    So cool!

yeah Tabea is the one. Lucy is improving since last week. her second week in Sydney was so much better. Really excited about next week in New York.

Tracy Lee wrote: »
    yeah Tabea is the one. Lucy is improving since last week. her second week in Sydney was so much better. Really excited about next week in New York.

It'll be interesting to see who will be most popular in the different market. It would have been interesting to see how Jess fared in NY too. :(

its a pity with Jessica. But she'd obviously come to the end of her road. she just wasnt able for it. and she looked the least impressive on the runway. I think its a good strong final four. Tabea for me is the winner with only Ellen to give her a run for it. But Tabea on the runway looked standout.

jessica though bless her was hilarious. Hope we see more of her in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kateof

I'm not criticising the girl, it's just an observation, seeing as Irish girls tend to not top models make! :)
    I disagree, Ireland has some really great models, and top models at that. I believe we have a modesty and often genetically inherited humility (appropriate or not) that hasn't encouraged modelling as a career for Irish girls. Also the 'traditional' beauty rarely makes a top model. An Irish girl with the requisite 'look' and shoulders is often considered gawky, plain, even ugly - it takes a hugely encouraging family to raise a very tall girl to believe she is beautiful at her full height, and allow her to have confidence in standing tall. And even with familial encouragement and because her peers are so much shorter, a tall girl will, unconsciously, slouch (Lucy), bend at the knees (Tabea) etc to try to diminish her height and 'fit in' during her school years.
    We Irish are not traditionally 'good' at what is incorrectly considered encouraging vanity. Past religious values of piety, humility etc have coloured our ability to appreciate our physical, emotional, intellectual assets, to our detriment, at least with regard to becoming a top model! Sorry this is so long. I'm interested in other's opinion on the topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

I disagree, Ireland has some really great models, and top models at that. I believe we have a modesty and often genetically inherited humility (appropriate or not) that hasn't encouraged modelling as a career for Irish girls. Also the 'traditional' beauty rarely makes a top model. An Irish girl with the requisite 'look' and shoulders is often considered gawky, plain, even ugly - it takes a hugely encouraging family to raise a very tall girl to believe she is beautiful at her full height, and allow her to have confidence in standing tall. And even with familial encouragement and because her peers are so much shorter, a tall girl will, unconsciously, slouch (Lucy), bend at the knees (Tabea) etc to try to diminish her height and 'fit in' during her school years.
    We Irish are not traditionally 'good' at what is incorrectly considered encouraging vanity. Past religious values of piety, humility etc have coloured our ability to appreciate our physical, emotional, intellectual assets, to our detriment, at least with regard to becoming a top model! Sorry this is so long. I'm interested in other's opinion on the topic?

Yeah, totally agree. I have to say though, that most Irish women are too small or too broad to be models. A lot of Irish women have quite a strong build - I think it comes from all those years toiling on the potato fields etc. While there are lots of slim women, they generally have slightly broader shoulders or hips, so it's a disaster. I can't think of anyone in my year at school who was tall enough to become a model.

Having said all that, this is a great show, really enjoying it. I really like how it doesn't glamorize the industry, or try to create drama out of nothing.

• Advertisement

coconut5 wrote: »
    Yeah, totally agree. I have to say though, that most Irish women are too small or too broad to be models. A lot of Irish women have quite a strong build - I think it comes from all those years toiling on the potato fields etc. While there are lots of slim women, they generally have slightly broader shoulders or hips, so it's a disaster. I can't think of anyone in my year at school who was tall enough to become a model

Yeah, I agree. There a number of very tall girls in my year, but they still weren't model material, be it because of their built or their face or both. One tried to get into modelling to no avail, and she was very skinny and tall and while pretty, she wasn't striking. Maybe too tall at six foot. Contrary to popular belief, it's not the taller the better. 5'9" to 5'11" is the ideal.

they have the promo up for tomorrow night on the model scouts facebook page. I'm really excited about it. great to have a double bill and find out who wins. it has to be Tabea. She is just so beautiful and elegant and confident in herself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

They got to shoot with Steven meisel!! Wow! He's an incredible photographer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Irish girls in general, while quite tall, are generally quite broad as well (not fat like, just built strong).

The only thing thats a bit worrying about the girls on this show is they are bitterly, bitterly thin. They all look sick and cold constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 CaseyKins

Irish girls in general, while quite tall, are generally quite broad as well (not fat like, just built strong).

The only thing thats a bit worrying about the girls on this show is they are bitterly, bitterly thin. They all look sick and cold constantly.

I agree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Same with the girl that won the last series of America's Next Top Model, she was like a baby giraffe. I know they all say it's down to fast metabolism and whatever but bitch please...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I just don't remember them being that thin at the beginning. I suppose its the business but still, some people are thin naturally, but they don't look sick. If you're that thin and you look sick with big shadows under your eyes its not fast metabolism its not eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I just don't remember them being that thin at the beginning. I suppose its the business but still, some people are thin naturally, but they don't look sick. If you're that thin and you look sick with big shadows under your eyes its not fast metabolism its not eating.

I noticed that actually, that all the girls had constant dark eye bags!

You could definitley see they all lost weight as the show progressed, some of them were too thin i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Ja$us they'd have to run around the shower to get wet!! Like a pull through for a rifle!!

• Advertisement

I agree, but welcome to the world of modelling. :( Even at their present weights, they'll probably still be told to lose more.

When will the second of tonights episodes be up on RTÉ Player? Hope they don't forget about it! :(

Advertisement