Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Office Season 8 [NBC - Spoilers]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

This season is pretty damn good so far IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

good ep
    really enjoying this season now (only show I religiously watch)

I thought it was a bit edgier than usual - some different style of humour in there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

Finding it hard to like this season but I liked the Florida trip episode. The bit at the start in Jim's hotel room is the first time I've lol at the office in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

"I fell asleep reading the matress tag". I liked Florida Stanley too.

• I really liked this episode, because Andy and Robert California barely featured, really. It also moved back to the old dynamics of Dwight and Jim pranking each other. It seems this whole possible cheating storyline with Jim is not necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

I liked the episode because Dwight was the main character but they are starting to throw in as many gimics as they can now.

Going way over the top for cheap laughs. I mean do they really think the viewers believe Jim is ever going to be seduced given the countless number of previous episodes where Jim is tediously portrayed as the doting father and loving husband, lazy writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Thought that episode was the best in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Thought the last two episodes were very good. Been a good season all things considered imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Good episode, they really need to keep Dwight as the main character instead of feckin Andy and Robert. He's carrying the show imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

B.J Novak is the funniest character on the show by far IMO. For the little screen time he has, he always manages to bring me to laughter.

• Advertisement

• B.J Novak is the funniest character on the show by far IMO. For the little screen time he has, he always manages to bring me to laughter.

Really? If anything, from watching earlier seasons, Ryan has pretty much become a massive parody of himself.

Really? If anything, from watching earlier seasons, Ryan has pretty much become a massive parody of himself.

Yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

He's a parody of a certain class of people, I wouldn't call them hipsters but its a very accurate and hilarious parody, he's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I used to hate Ryan but since they scaled his screen time back a bit and made him such an exaggeration I enjoy him a lot more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

How has this season been people?? Massive Carrell fan and haven't brought myself to watch it yet. Nothing to do now so I might dig into season 8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

A few poor episodes here and there but overall I feel it's been better then the last two seasons (excluding the sentimentality around Michaels exit). Been some great Jim and Dwight moments that we've simply not seen in the last 2-3 seasons. As someone said here earlier though, Andy (as the boss) and Robert are pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

phasers wrote: »
    Good episode, they really need to keep Dwight as the main character instead of feckin Andy and Robert. He's carrying the show imo.

Season 8 will be dwights last, hes leaving and getting his own spinoff based on his b&b, bad move if you ask me

jc84 wrote: »
    Season 8 will be dwights last, hes leaving and getting his own spinoff based on his b&b, bad move if you ask me

Thats not confirmed by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Thats not confirmed by any means.
    Not confirmed that it will be a true spinoff, but confirmed to the point that NBC execs have stated that they are working on one a la Parks and Recreation (originally pitched as a The Office spinoff).

I also have to disagree about Andy, he has been very solid in his character this season as the boss... he IS the boss that Andy would be. Robert is truly awful though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

When is Andy going to have a rage attack again?

• Advertisement

• When is Andy going to have a rage attack again?

That is something that annoys me actually - the fact that past indiscretions seem to have been overlooked completely; Ryan was an exec that cost Dunder Mifflen $100,000s in fraud, yet nobody seems to have mentioned this yet, Andy's rage issues seem to have been completely ignored and the Dundies haven't happened yet. Would be interesting to see Andy trying to host them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

phasers wrote: »

Dwight really needs Jim as a foil to shine tho as otherwise he just spins off into crazy way to much. Robert as a character just dosent work for me and angry Andy was much more interesting than boss Andy who is a complete waste of screentime imho.

The one thing about the last episode that really surprised me was that apart from Kevin I don't give a toss about any of the characters that didn't go to Miami.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Venom wrote: »
    Dwight really needs Jim as a foil to shine tho as otherwise he just spins off into crazy way to much.

Well guess what? The spinoff will be about Dwight and Jim in the b&b! I'd actually really love to see the show try to arrange that, I've heard rumours that they were thinking about placing the spinoff at midseason and having dwight in the first half of the season before it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Venom wrote: »
    Dwight really needs Jim as a foil to shine tho as otherwise he just spins off into crazy way to much.

Not as much as Jim needs Dwight to stop him spinning off into boring, dull, insufferable tool

Pretty boring this week, but it wasn't the worst.

The Cathy storyline could maybe have been done better. I mean, we barely saw any of her. I think the office needs a little shake-up, not of the Robert California variety ( who thankfully has been absent recently, long may it continue )

But yeah, could we not have had Cathy talking to Jim a bit more and tempting Jim a bit, rather than having him totally appalled. We all know that he is a really good guy, but even the best of us get tempted sometimes. I actually like the idea but I think that if we had seen more of them before Talahassee then it could have been done better. Saying that it wasn't too bad. And I doubt the storyline is over.

Wouldn't mind a return of Charles Minor either.

It's really been on the up and up since the Florida group went. "Good idea?! What is a tub of electricity?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

"Strike, Scream, Run" - And Creed's demonstration. First genuine LOL in a while watching this show. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"Then I swoop in like a sexual predator!" :p

Advertisement