Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

sounds soppy but she gave me this big gummy smile and chuckled...and i just couldn't help but smile! she's 10 weeks old!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

My daughter 10 made it onto the school Gaelic team.

I am a very proud mammy.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Didn't waste his dinner money on junk food....... saved it for some smokes..... laugh then don't laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

i'll add one , my son is playing with his friend (both 5) and the frend's 12 year old brother comes in the park where we are , gets off his bike and comes over to his little bro and gives him a big hug. the cutest thing I've seen in ages.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

silverharp wrote: »
    i'll add one , my son is playing with his friend (both 5) and the frend's 12 year old brother comes in the park where we are , gets off his bike and comes over to his little bro and gives him a big hug. the cutest thing I've seen in ages.

That's legendary. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

My little girl is learning more and more words.. I asked the other day did she want a drink and she replied.. no.. she said it in the cutest voice though.. such a smile on my face.

Although now I'm not smiling that much when I tell her its bed time and she shouts no and runs off:pac::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Gabsdot

My son, (aged 5) had his swimming lesson today. they kids swim a width get out and walk back to the beginning again to repeat.
    Every time he came back to the beginning he would shout 'hiya mam' and give me a wave.
    I actually got a bit soppy and tearful as I thought about how proud I am of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

my 5 year old was telling be about how "in the olden days" there was different money before the Euro.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

just one?!
    my daughter (2) and i were building up blocks and then blowing them down and she was laughing so much from it all that she fell over and as she was getting her balance back she goes 'oooh bless us, save us!' (bless us and save us) :D

im also fairly guilty of going 'uggh, jesus christ' under my breath and the other day i dropped something and said 'uggh' and then she goes 'jeshush chiste'!

its definitely time we watch our language around her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

~me~ wrote: »
    just one?!
    my daughter (2) and i were building up blocks and then blowing them down and she was laughing so much from it all that she fell over and as she was getting her balance back she goes 'oooh bless us, save us!' (bless us and save us) :D

im also fairly guilty of going 'uggh, jesus christ' under my breath and the other day i dropped something and said 'uggh' and then she goes 'jeshush chiste'!

its definitely time we watch our language around her!

OH yeah. I learned that lesson recently. I was killing some flies, and jokengly saying "die bastard die". It was disturbing hearing it repeated by a little two year old voice. Whoops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I have 3 year old twins, so it is usually something they do in sync or to each other.

Yesterday, they were walking on their hands and feet, very ungracefully because their legs are so long now, and bouncing off each other, the wall and the banisters. They thought this was hilarious, I just get a kick out of how play together instead of fighting over toys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Thaedydal wrote: »

It just doesn't sound right unless it's b-o-l-l-i-x, does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

DW was bringing DD home from her first day back in school a couple of weeks ago. DW was asking her all about it... what her new teacher's name was, any new kids etc.

Little sister was in the car too and didn't want to be overlooked. She piped up, "my teacher in Monsterstory school is called Lisa."

Hee hee... we haven't called it by any other name since. Priceless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

di11on wrote: »
    She piped up, "my teacher in Monsterstory school is called Lisa."

That's what my son called it at the start too :D

What made me smile... Now on his 3rd week at school my wee boy told me that he got the wrong answer to something. He answered "chair" when it should have been "rabbit" or something. I asked him how come he got it wrong and he told me he didn't hear the question "I was thinking about other things".
    It made me smile (and worry a bit) because he's just like me and this is just the start of 14+ years of not listening in class....:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

My kids are going to bed soon and l'm going to Old Trafford tomorrow, that always makes me smile!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

My little girl has an incredible memory for detail. As we got ready to go out to dinner at Milano's, she told me 'Dad, you wore that jumper the last time we went to the restaurant' which was about 4-6 months ago. As we sat down at our table, she announced to the table 'The last time I was here, I did a poopy'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Went to bed - thank the lord!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I'm not a parent but I was babysitting some kids last night (3 boys) and the 6 year old asked me was I a mammy. When I said no, the 4 year old asked "Well what are you then?" Then the 6 year old looked at me suspiciously and asked "If you're not a mammy, then how come you have a handbag?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

My wife is a Demon for texting her Sisters.....

My 6 yr old fella hid her phone & quite proudly said 'now you have to talk to Dad'

I was busy watching the footy !!! lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Caoimhe is laying here on the couch beside me, she's been in bad form all day(only 8 weeks old). I thought she was asleep and i just looked at her, she was staring up at me. As soon as i looked, she closed her eyes again. It was like she's pretending to be asleep.

Melion wrote: »
    Caoimhe is laying here on the couch beside me, she's been in bad form all day(only 8 weeks old). I thought she was asleep and i just looked at her, she was staring up at me. As soon as i looked, she closed her eyes again. It was like she's pretending to be asleep.

8 weeks...you're the richest person in the world ! :) - enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They sat and watched a subtitled movie with out a complaint, it seemed the fact they had to read the subs made them sit still and consenstrate more, also they are good eaters and started a coverstaion over dinner trying to figure out why some kids don't like vegtables cos they think most of them are yum.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    They sat and watched a subtitled movie with out a complaint, it seemed the fact they had to read the subs made them sit still and consenstrate more, also they are good eaters and started a coverstaion over dinner trying to figure out why some kids don't like vegtables cos they think most of them are yum.

My two girls love their veg...the middle fella though :rolleyes: - he plants the seed, he waters them, but when it comes to eating.......

Still hunting for the mobile here lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

One of my girls was relaying a story to my wife and her sister about something I had done, and was cracking herself up while doing it, something like...

"And them Daddy took the towel and, a-hahahaha, and..."

Just thinking about it got her laughing again, that is a very grown up thing to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

My 2 almost 2 year olds came home from spending the weekend in their grandmothers with the wife. They both ran in the hall screaming dada dada dada to give me a big hug and a kiss....

Continued here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62208590&postcount=11

Constructed his second sentence today. "I don't like it."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Haha, the old "monsterstory" confusion when talking about Montessori, my little one said that a couple of weeks back :)

She also told me yesterday morning, as I was trying to brush her wild hair :

"Mammy, don't touch my hair today, you can't fix it. I'm having a bad hair day".

I can only assume she's heard that from her auntie but it made me burst out laughing.

This actually made me cry - but in a sweet way.

Last night we did our usual little bedtime prayer, "God bless mommy, grandma, so and so, ds, etc" and he added not only his friend next door but the neighbor's dog to the list as well and then sung out the word in a little soft voice, halfway between a whisper and a song, halleluja. And then asked for some paints and paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

The daughter was playing a match with the school today, When I got there they were trailing by a point she was after scoring two points.. She ended up scoring the winning goal..

I was very proud, I have visions of her in croke park!!

Advertisement