Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

But i do think a lot of the problem has to come back to stewarts - like seriously they just stood around!

The stewards are told to let them go. Remember one guy on here saying he was told that it's WWE's decision to let them go nuts. The steward in front of me looked miserable for the whole show. And the one time he stood up, during the final match, and told kids to sit down or he'd kick them out, one parent jumped up and started abusing him. In fairness to them, they are in a lose/lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

great craic last night, Slater was very funny with his carry on :D

Delighted to see Ziggler and Danielson (sorry Daniel Bryan :p )

On a random note, how ridiculous does Justin Roberts sound :P

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

Just like last time around, I made my decision on the day, picked up a ticket for €37 and headed straight in after work. Grabbed a burger, had a few beers and enjoyed the show.

It was extremely predictable and I would've liked Ziggler in a singles match but for €40 I'm not complaining.

To the guys having trouble down at the floor seating - next time why not try out the upper tiers? It's half price, you get a good view and there's no messing. It also tends to have a groups of older lads chanting more as well so it's good craic.

The most disappointing aspect of the night for me was the t shirt selection!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

To the guys having trouble down at the floor seating - next time why not try out the upper tiers? It's half price, you get a good view and there's no messing. It also tends to have a groups of older lads chanting more as well so it's good craic.

Will be doing so, hopefully, on Thursday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The most disappointing aspect of the night for me was the t shirt selection!

I do admit I looked at the stand(s) and went - is that it?

I heard a fair few, where are the No T-Shirts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If anyone sees or has any pics/vids of last night's show, please post. I didn't bring a camera. Cheers!

I'm watermarking mine today. I'd it ok if I link to my Photography Page on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I do admit I looked at the stand(s) and went - is that it?

I heard a fair few, where are the No T-Shirts?

Not just resigned to the house shows I'm afraid, found the selection at Mania to be pretty poor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Not just resigned to the house shows I'm afraid, found the selection at Mania to be pretty poor too.

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Brought my 5 year old nephew to his first show and he loved it. We sat all the way back in block J and the view/crowd was great no complaints from him.

The merchandise stands were horrible queuing for 30 minutes for stuff they didn't even have then buying any old crap because you qued for so long and had a child expecting something. They really should bring more kids t-shirts as realistically they are the ones getting most of the gear at these shows. Also how hard is it to take stuff down from the board that they have sold out of or leave something beside the shirts on the board to say what sizes are left? SMH

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

As far as the t-shirts go they are the worst quality t-shirts i've ever seen they have some neck charging €30 for them just terrible see through that you'd pay 2 euro for in a market,It was good to see William Regal he was funny & entertaining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 staticpc

Was at the Belfast show on Thursday night. The wee man loved it as he always does, even though the card wasnt great. He buzzes of Ryback and got his T shirt and CM Punks wristbands (coz he is daddys favourite lol). we were tiered seating and although i know me son would kill to be down the front, ya get a great vantage point of watching the absolute mayhem every time there is a pin, it really does look a dangerous place to be at any age to be fair.
    Team Hell No v Ziggy and Biggy was the highlight, and getting the chance to see Regal was also great, although the match was very very slow paced (not surprising though).
    Look forward to going back in November, and going by the leaflets on every seat in the odyessy, it is advertised as WWE LIVE ,and not raw or smackdown, which will do wonders for the card hopefully.

As far as the t-shirts go they are the worst quality t-shirts i've ever seen they have some neck charging €30 for them just terrible see through that you'd pay 2 euro for in a market,It was good to see William Regal he was funny & entertaining

For such a slick organisation in terms of worldwide popularity I was absolutely amazed at the lack of quality of the merchandise, I mean when they bootleg gear on the road into the arena is of better quality then you know theres an issue. There was also a distinct "fleece you at any opportunity" feel, programmes for €20, also Justin Roberts giving the revelation that signed Cena/Ryback photos were for sale was quite cheap, im presuming the price was trebled.

It was my first time to a live event, the set was pretty impressive and it was a real novelty to see the guys (that you normally watch from the comfort of your sofa) live in the flesh.

The apparent dis-interest in being there by a few of the wrestlers was disappointing, Cena in particular just left after winning, no address to the crowd etc... Now I know i'll probably get slaughtered and told that "these guys must be sick of doing the same thing night after night etc...."

The fact is we are always hearing the guff about how they do it for the fans and how they love being WWE superstars, but excuses made for not signing kids autographs is simply not good enough. Now I wasn't one of the folks camping at the hotel its just not something id bother with, but to condone guys walking straight past fans in hotel lobby's is shocking, says alot about possibly the personalities (and general happiness) of some of the individuals. Its not like there are thousands of fans hanging around.

To put it in perspective, go to any top premier league training ground, and day after day you will see players stop their cars every day and sign autographs of fans. Every single day. Its instilled in them to respect those who at the end of the day pay their wages.

I recently heard an interview with CM Punk and Colt Cabana, Punk gave the most watery excuse for not signing autographs or giving fans grief for approaching him. Sure I can respect its a pain in the arse when some 40 year old dude approaches him at an airport at 5am to sign something that a guy will sell on Ebay, but it seems it depends on what side of the bed these get up as to how they will take you. Cabana on the other hand was of the opinion that he gets a buzz that someone would want his autograph.

Guess it would be a bit more reasonable if they were all a little more fan friendly. It seems the bigger the star you are the more chance you will be an assh*ole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Lads I know you can argue that Cena probably has enough of it. But he is THE MAN. It's the Cena shirts kids are paying hand over fist for. When you're making a couple of million a year ten/twenty minutes for the fans who put you there shouldn't be too much.

It's like somebody mentioned about the others they didn't expect them to sign the ten hats they were carrying. All the fans want/need is a little acknowledgement or interaction.

All he had to do was high-five the groups and tell them he was on a tight schedule, stated he hoped the Cena-nation would be in fine voice and wouldn't be able to push a photo with anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I'm not sure what you people expect of these guys.. You pay to see them and they put on a show. They do not owe you anything, and certainly don't have to to stand around outside their hotel signing autographs for you or your kids. I'm a huge wrestling fan, but I wouldn't dream of hanging around outside a hotel trying to 'meet' a wrestler and I certainly wouldn't encourage children to do so. If you happen to meet one by chance, great, but they are entitled to their personal space when staying at a hotel so leave them alone ffs!! Also, there's a reason why they hold official signings at toy stores, it's for children..

Shall I tell you what I expect ? Common courtesy to children who are togged out in merchandise, who are paying cica 200 per family to see stars who are representing a billion dollar company.
    How can most of the guys take time ( max 10 mins ) to sign squiggles on paper that mean the world to children and will be always remembered, while some just blast through, heads down.
    At least Sandow got into character and played it well.
    The WWE propaganda machine shows constant references by stars to fans, how important they are etc so maybe they should walk the walk.

Shall I tell you what I expect ? Common courtesy to children who are togged out in merchandise, who are paying cica 200 per family to see stars who are representing a billion dollar company.
    How can most of the guys take time ( max 10 mins ) to sign squiggles on paper that mean the world to children and will be always remembered, while some just blast through, heads down.
    At least Sandow got into character and played it well.
    The WWE propaganda machine shows constant references by stars to fans, how important they are etc so maybe they should walk the walk.

Spot on, WWE is a company with a worldwide reputation. But being my first visit, it smacked of them rolling into town to milk you for as much cash and possible, and don't even dare expect them to interact.

The same folks who say "what do you expect?" are the same folks who think Wrestling is still top quality due to its balance sheet, rather than actually judging the product.

As for guys maybe having a bad day? It seems they are mostly in bad form than in good form going by most house show reports. Says alot about the actual business maybe, its a vehicle to do something else for 99% of the wrestlers. I think Wrestlers maybe have the impression that most fans are idiots and riff raff that they do not want to associate themselves with when they do not have to.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

By the looks of it Cena was just like Sting/Angle at the last TNA show over here

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I get the impression WWE just license out a 3rd party to create WWE apparel to sell in European markets. It would explain the dated merchandise and also the shoddy quality. I remember buying a jersey from WWF's european site and it was made of sandpaper. Bought another jersey from WWF US shopzone and it was made of gorgeously soft material.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭toyotamr4red

Raws trip to Ireland this year has almost come and gone ( not sure if Belfasts Raw is on tonight ) . When is the next WWE event on in Ireland?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Next Dublin WWE event is in the 02, Thu 7 Nov 2013 @ 19:30

I'll move this to the WWE live events thread. No need for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

I was in Ringside row D and I never noticed any of the crush even though i was dreading it,was midway in the row though so that helped?

I saddened to see a Stewart roaring at a Down Syndrome child to sit down during the Cena match when they were outside the ring, thought it was a bit out of hand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭toyotamr4red

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Next Dublin WWE event is in the 02, Thu 7 Nov 2013 @ 19:30

I'll move this to the WWE live events thread. No need for a new one.

Are the tickets out yet?

Are the tickets out yet?

Thursday at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I wasn't at the event but, just to balance the conversation, I don't think WWE guys (or celebs in general) should be obligated to sign autographs if they aren't on the job, so in the hotel etc. To fans they'll always be 'JOHN CENA' but at that moment they're just a guy hungry for their dinner or needing their bed, like any of us after a day's work.

It's nice that some guys do stop and take pics etc, but that's just them being sound.

Now when they're on the job that's a completely different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

PinkFly wrote: »
    I was in Ringside row D and I never noticed any of the crush even though i was dreading it,was midway in the row though so that helped?

Did you bring the "Ryback ate my sign" poster? If so I was only a row ahead!

That was me!! :)

Did WWE advertise where they were staying and invite fans to hang around the hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭AhmadKh7

Signing:
    I was at the start of the line with my buddy Hashtag_HEEL waiting for the signing to start. They had a new system where you have to take off your wristband before you go in. The security guy from WWE gently told us there will be no posing for pictures, although we were very disappointed, it was much better than last time we were there. Thumps up WWE guy !
    This time we got Zack Ryder and Kaitlyn.. Ryder wearing shades.. Kaitlyn looking absolutely incredibly beautiful in person I actually stumbled on words when I talked to her hahaha. She was extremely nice and such a wonderful person to meet. Definitely one of my favourite. It was a great experience overall.

Live event:

I was in Section C, Row B Seat 19.. Thank God I was sitting with adults and not kids. Major thumps up to the lady and the gentleman next to me. Since I was not directly next to the aisle, I didn't have to deal with kids rushing to the barricade although it was much better than last time I was there. The Steward was a class act, very nice but firm gentleman... knew how to deal with the kids. Of course I had my Ziggler shirt on to support the new WHC lol.
    The matches themselves were good, nothing spectacular. Really enjoyed Cesaro vs Ryder and Hell No vs DZ and Big E. The crowd was alive and interactive and chants were going on throughout the event. They absolutely loved Regal !!

Ziggler was great ! He was very engaging with the crowd and seemed to have a great time and enjoying himself. One of the kid actually hit him with the shirt I guess but he handled it perfectly with smiles and made a joke about it. Plus, he's a great entertainer besides being a great wrestler.

Overall, I enjoyed the show.. not the best due to the weak card but it was still good.

PS. Thumps up to the lads chanting CM Punk and singing his theme music outside the arena hahaha !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Moment of my night was a smark behind me starting a chant in our section of "Where's your wife?" at Cena. A bit morally wrong to chant/laugh at, but still amusing.

AhmadKh7 wrote: »
    Ziggler was great ! He was very engaging with the crowd and seemed to have a great time and enjoying himself. One of the kid actually hit him with the shirt I guess but he handled it perfectly with smiles and made a joke about it. Plus, he's a great entertainer besides being a great wrestler.

He went out of his way to tell the security guy it was 'only' a t shirt the kid slapped at him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Chant of the night for me was the 2 guys shouting "feed me defeat" or "feed me a table" was still laughing at it today

Advertisement