Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Been rocking Asuka/Lili with a bit of Rolento, Juri and Poison.

Juri is insanely good, cr.hp ch AA leads to bucketloads of damage and her pressure is good.

Lili's great with meter, great walkspeed and nice pokes, health is a big issue though but bitta gems will sort that.

Rolento is gdlk, great reach on normals, especially st.lp, 1st rekka being safe is sick, he's got some really damaging corner combos.

Poison, at first I thought she would be a zoner, but the more I use her, the more offensive she seems, her overhead special is +3 on block and she has nice normals to frame trap with, like cr.hp into hp fireball which is a 3f gap and you can combo off her hp fireball into cr.mk xx ex rekka into cr.mk xx DP which is pretty nice damage. Her normals are decent enough as well, I like her st.mp xx fireball and it's a decent AA as well. I think Poison could be really good.

Asuka... :|

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Vyze wrote: »
    Having totally ignored SF4, looks like I'm gonna have to spend a lot of time practising dull-as-**** links in combos. Other than that the game seems pretty fun!

Picked up a copy when I was down south on Sat. :D

There are still some tricky links about but the BnB hitconfirm
    link combos that were a pain to learn before are much more
    lenient now. You'll probably need the trickier ones to maximise
    damage but reliable hitconfirms are more important I'd wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah links in general are much easier than SF4. Takes a while to get used to though since the blockstun and hitstun last forever (maybe it's the hitstop, no idea).

@ Azza, I've been using crouch fierce as AA with Kaz, seems a bit slow but alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Poison + Juri + Damage Gems = :D

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah I'm also fining links easier in this. Bisons C.LK links feel easier.

@ Dreddy, S.MK seems like Kaz's best anti air normal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm finding Guile's "old" links are v easy but he has new ones which are taking work to get consistently. That could just be the fact I'm not used to them I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Asuka... :|

Sounds like she plays just like she does in Tekken then.

Have been playing a lot of Heihachi lately. Sure his walk speed isn't great but he makes up for it with good mix ups, really high damage and a useful counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

WGF/EWGF is actually a deceivingly crap AA :pac:

cl st.mk is his best, but the hitbox is weird, on CH you get a juggle. Cr.fierce is good also, but I find his best to be mist step into jab, which is his SRK esque move, mist step is totally invincible on the top afaik, and if you're quick you can do his rising uppercut from mist step without even seeing the mist step animation, thats his best AA but requires a lot of work given the task at hand

Still in the lab

Ramza wrote: »
    cl st.mk is his best, but the hitbox is weird, on CH you get a juggle.

Same with every AA surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Yeah, but maybe he means it's very easy to juggle afterwards, due to the position you're in.

• Advertisement

Yeah sure, I'm just saying like haha (unless obviously they empty jump)

Also here is a neat trick I like to use with Kazuya, I'm not sure which does more damage, but you can confirm into his rising sun heavy off of his agony spear (short, jab, forward chain) and also off of cr.fierce (which can alternatively be confirmed off of cl st.jab, cr.strong, and some others). You can also confirm the rising sun after a slaughter hook, but this scales a lot more and isnt favourable imo (and probably can be confirmed/followed up after lots of other stuff) For one meter:

.... xx rising Sun H (tag cancel), second character comes in, here is the neat part, if you time a jump in perfectly to land at/or around the third hit of rising sun, you can re stand your opponent, it looks crazy but I think the opponent is never considered in a grounded state. Works great for characters with crossups (crossups are easier to time than normal jump ins to force the re stand). I like to do this with kazuya and Jin

.... rising sun H (tag cancel),then with Jin ; J.RH crossup(restand), cr.strong, cr.fierce xx risiing upper, st.forward xx whatever (main choice for damaing being his strong followup after mist step, i forget the name :pac: )

doing a super will just scale too much, I've done this and then a swaying willow Jin loop for two meters, looks flashy as hell and goes on for ages. A one meter combo using this will net close to 450 damage afaik, I'll post exact figures when I get home since I'm not there at the moment :)

Edit : I haven't tested it yet, or seen frame data, but his WGF seems safe to me on block, so ending block strings with that is usually favourable. I also like to end block strings with agony spear (safe aswell afaik), and his short, jab, short, forward chain (safe aswell i think) more testing needs to be done

His overheads are sick

With Rolento it gets scary, you can tag into j.fierce/RH, st.RH/cr.fierce, cr.mk xx rekkas, then st.mk xx slide, then after all that, go into his spike rod option select to catch rollers :pac:

Yeah that restand thing is cool.

WGF is -1, EX and EWGF are +1.

Yeah that restand thing is cool.

WGF is -1, EX and EWGF are +1.

Thanks man, where did you get the frame data? I can't seem to find it anywhere :confused:

WGF is -1
    EX.WGF is +1
    EWGF is +1 (not listed in any frame data)

EWGF basically has the same properties as EX.WGF (better hitbox, more block stun) except it does more damage and is meterless.

You can tell the difference between WGF and EWGF by the color of the lightning effect being purple instead of blue, different juggle arc and more push back on block. I still haven't performed it once without turbo.

Opps didn't spot Dreddy's post above.

Oh agony spear is not safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I miss having an internet connection at home so I can play fighting games.

On the plus side it means I haven't ran into Doom or Azza online and cried at their antics.
    Silver lining and all that. ;)

Did you just compare me to Doom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

A-Trak wrote: »
    I miss having an internet connection at home so I can play fighting games.

On the plus side it means I haven't ran into Doom or Azza online and cried at their antics.
    Silver lining and all that. ;)

Pay 30 quid a month then ya cheapskate f$$k and stop coming to my gaff and downloading the internet in 2 hours.
    Your days of games are numbered pal..its not the lack of internet that's causing the problem..it's the fact you got married 2 months ago and moved out of Daves fun time emporium
    GAME OVER

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Getting lots of rage quitters online, guess it comes with the new players.

I'm slowly getting to grips with this now though. Kaz and Ryu seem to work well together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I'm giving Kaz and Ken a bash..Don't think they really complement each other.
    I'm finding the link timing really annoying compared to SFIV.
    It seems slower due to hit stun animation,but loads of kens combos seem like MK button press combos, regardless of the hit stun animation.

• Advertisement

People stop using my character. Kaz is mine!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Playing Kazuya now

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

My Kaz is the best. Azza a good way to get WGF consistently is to do QCF X2. To wave dash do that motion and then do lots of half circle forward. Looking forward to owning you with best Kaz.

I have no problem with WGF, its EWGF I have the problem with.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    My Kaz is the best. Azza a good way to get WGF consistently is to do QCF X2. To wave dash do that motion and then do lots of half circle forward. Looking forward to owning you with best Kaz.

Well to do EWGF you should never see the mist step, you should hit strong/fierce along with d/f timed perfectly.

For wave dashing just do a mist step then continued QCFs, no HCFs

And **** all of ye I decided on Kaz from the reveal, gg > : |

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Ramza wrote: »
    His overheads are sick

Which ones? They all seem crap to me.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

All your kazuyas are poo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Played you yesterday. Think your Kinect or mic was left on as I was treated to lovely commentary about how the sound sucks in this game!

EDIT: There's now a Kaz meterless infinite on some larger characters. Broken tier, yay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Mishimas are nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

My Bob is going to beat all your Kazuyas!

Advertisement