Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does PSN accept Laser Cards?

• 01-08-2008 5:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I currently have my credit card tied to my account but the card is overlimit so I can't add funds. I have a laser card though so I just need to know does PSN accept laser?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

nope
    but if your badly stuck till you clear your cc
    ive used prepaid 3v visa for psn before
    3v.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

OK thats a little misleading Bobby.
    Lets put it this way, PSN would accept my laser card without any problems. It might accept Devils demons too.

A lot of Laser cards are also Maestro cards which means you can use it in any country that accepts maestro and even get cash back if its store policy (i did in the US).

PSN accepts maestro so if your laser has the maestro logo then it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

I currently have my credit card tied to my account but the card is overlimit so I can't add funds. I have a laser card though so I just need to know does PSN accept laser?

Suggestion: if your visa is maxed, you probably shouldn't be buying more stuff on PSN... :-p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Saruman wrote: »
    Lets put it this way, PSN would accept my laser card without any problems. It might accept Devils demons too.

A lot of Laser cards are also Maestro cards which means you can use it in any country that accepts maestro and even get cash back if its store policy (i did in the US).

It's not misleading, Irish Laser and Maestro cards are a little different than the rest of the worlds and can't be used as a credit card for some stupid reason. Even overseas websites that say they accept maestro the irish laser/maestro cards won't won't work with them. There's only very few european and irish sites that will accept the irish laser card.

More than likely your lase card is not going to work.

Hmm is that only online? I used it in a bunch of actual shops in the US without issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep it's just online it's fine to use in shops. It's a pain that you can't use it online even when it says maestro is accepted, they should just change the name over here. There's only a few websites like cdwow.ie that will take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

I think its to do with the Irish Maestro cards not having a CVV2 number on the back of the card. Its a pain alright but I think the Halifax Visa Debit Card is accepted exactly like a credit card when buying on the net

CapRooney wrote: »
    I think its to do with the Irish Maestro cards not having a CVV2 number on the back of the card. Its a pain alright but I think the Halifax Visa Debit Card is accepted exactly like a credit card when buying on the net

My card (ulster bank) has a CVV2 number on the back just like my visa. Now i have never tried to use it to purchase online as i think Visa is more secure and you can get your money back easier than a laser/maestro where it comes right out of your accunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ourlad

Saruman wrote: »

I logged into the PSN store and went to edit my billing details and the only card options were american express, visa and mastercard. I didnt see maestro anywhere.

Can you tell me how you have used a maestro laser card in the PSN store because using laser would be a lot handier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

eh if you maxed out your cc is it really a clever idea to go blowing money you dont have seems a little silly to me.

• Advertisement

Ourlad wrote: »
    Can you tell me how you have used a maestro laser card in the PSN store because using laser would be a lot handier?

Actually i never said i had used it on PSN. I said it "would" as in i assumed if it had a maestro option then it would work.

Clearly im wrong. Sorry about that. I assumed there was a maestro option but it seems that it probably would not work anyway as our numbers are different and do not work online but do in actual shops... strange that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 collie1312

Maby the NUMBER CODE CARD that A.I.B give with the laser card will work.
    It says that you can use like a credit card were laser is not accepted online.
    Havent tryed myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I'd be interested in that code card, I'll check it out. Plus my AIB laser does have a CVV2 number but it's still not accepted in most online outlets.

Edit: Actually, where does it say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Hey Guys,

Sorry to re-activate an old thread.
    But I just got my first 3V voucher today to use as a visa card on PSN/
    But it will not accept it on PSN

'CREDIT CARD DETAILS NOT VALID'

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Pablod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Go to 3v.ie and click on card transaction history. Then put in the number you got on the piece of paper and the number you got via email/text.

It costs €1 to verify the card. It will be put back on to your card 10 days(tuesady to Friday week for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Go to 3v.ie and click on card transaction history. Then put in the number you got on the piece of paper and the number you got via email/text.

It costs €1 to verify the card. It will be put back on to your card 10 days(tuesady to Friday week for me)

Thanks for the reply
    I did what you said,
    But I'm still getting the same error on the Add Funds Screen
    'Credit Card Details Invalid'

Does it take certain amount of time to go through?
    Have you had this problem yourself?

Thanks again

Pablod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

I think I did. The psn take 1€ from your card to verify it. Put in the minimum amount(5€) onto your psn and see if it works. If not, good luck figuring out!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

Pablod wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply
    I did what you said,
    But I'm still getting the same error on the Add Funds Screen
    'Credit Card Details Invalid'

Does it take certain amount of time to go through?
    Have you had this problem yourself?

Thanks again

Pablod

Did you go to account management >> billing information>> and put in the 3v card details? obvious i know, but just in case u forgot! :D

Just realised this thread is from 2007.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Just buy a PSN store card, available in Gamestop/game/smyths etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

I'm always using 3V vouchers on the Playstation Network ® and I've never had any issue with it. Just bought one now actually. I think it would be a great idea if 3V would let you buy vouchers on their site by debiting your bank account! Would make life easier... :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement