Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to take a screen snapshot but my laptop doesnt have a button for it. . . .

• 03-10-2008 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Are there any keyboard shortcuts i can use to take a screen snapshot?? Ta

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Found this on the web, could give it a try.

go to START menu > accessories > accessibility > onscreen keyboard
    you'll get a keyboard on your screen which you can control by your mouse.you can find the PRNT SCR (PSC) button next to F12 button.go to the page you want to take screen shot,keep the on-screen keyboard a little aside and click on PSC.it will print your screen without a keyboard

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭suilen

You could also download a free trial of "snagit", Its a program for taking screen shots. Its pretty good I have used it before.

http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Or if you have vista, use the snip tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭BaBiT

If its just the active window you want then alt and prtsc will copy it to your clipboard...if its the whole screen then ctrl and prtsc will do it...The just go to your MS Paint program (you'll find that in start>>programs>>accessories>>paint) then just go to edit on the menu bar and paste the clipboard in...the just save it and thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

If you need to take a few captures something like PrintKey Pro has a 30 day trial and lets you choose which key to use as the printscreen key http://www.download.com/PrintKey-Pro/3000-2191_4-10820437.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if you have vista there's a capture tool under

blue circle thingy >> programs >> accessories >> capture program

can't think of it's proper name.

Advertisement