Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 3 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The one thing I don't get about the divisions is the fact you don't play them all in your division. I never played the 8-5 Douglas Lions.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

SantryRed wrote: »
    The one thing I don't get about the divisions is the fact you don't play them all in your division. I never played the 8-5 Douglas Lions.
    Considering my form at the end of the season its good for me you didn't play me.
    Finished very poorly, but still got rather screwed with the divisions as well. I scored second highest amount of points in the whole league & only end up in a wild card spot:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Have my wildcard game today with the Douglas Lions -the game should be over after the second round of games tonight, only my kicker is playing in the late game and he has no one.

Projections have it very close, not very confident but on a 5 game winning streak so hope that keeps up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

ha, why is it when your team get knocked out, they decide to play, my team the royal meath eagles are on fire tonight thanks to mark sanchez and ive 62 points already with 3 players to play, barely made that in final score for the last 6-7 weeks. :D

Blured wrote: »
    Have my wildcard game today with the Douglas Lions -the game should be over after the second round of games tonight, only my kicker is playing in the late game and he has no one.

Projections have it very close, not very confident but on a 5 game winning streak so hope that keeps up.

Congrats to the Douglas Lions - beat me 126 to 108. The Lions D getting an impressive 27 points was probably the biggest factor - best of luck in the rest of the playoffs!

• Advertisement

Congrats to the Douglas Lions - beat me 126 to 108. The Lions D getting an impressive 27 points was probably the biggest factor - best of luck in the rest of the playoffs!

Thanks. Yeah the Lions D seemed to be the deciding factor alright.
    Best of luck to you next year. If you had started as strongly as you finished, you would have been top 2 seed.

So we have our Super Bowl - The Douglas Lions vs The Donottar Dare Devils - Good luck you both of you

My team decided to scored 125 points this week to rub salt into my wounds, still looking to finish strong and secure 5th place against the Witty Tanks this week.

So, looking back on the season, what are the major lessons you learnt? Have to say, I would draft a lot differently next year. I was hampered by being the 16th pick (Drew Brees who I was delighted with) but I dont think taking a WR next (Roddy White) was the best plan. It meant that I didnt get a RB until the end of the 3rd round - so I ended up with Shonn Greene and Moreno as my two starting RBs.

What about the rest of you guys? Any regrets?

So we have our Super Bowl - The Douglas Lions vs The Donottar Dare Devils - Good luck you both of you

Cheers. If my team can keep up the scoring like its done the last 2 weeks, I have a great shout. Big "If " though.
    So, looking back on the season, what are the major lessons you learnt? Have to say, I would draft a lot differently next year. I was hampered by being the 16th pick (Drew Brees who I was delighted with) but I dont think taking a WR next (Roddy White) was the best plan. It meant that I didnt get a RB until the end of the 3rd round - so I ended up with Shonn Greene and Moreno as my two starting RBs.

I drafted relatively well getting two RB's in the first 2 rounds which has been my teams strongpoint all season long (although Michael Bush who I picked up in the 9th round has been starting since Hillis went down). Basically just learned how to use the waiver wire properly. First year doing FF & just learning as I go along.

My biggest regret was getting rid of Antonio Brown just before he broke out as fantastic receiveing option for the Steelers. Could have made the difference in a few close matches as my WRs have been very inconsistent all season long.

best of luck to the 2 teams in the final, enjoyed my 1st year doing this on here and already looking forward to next years league already, was going ok until ahmed bradshaw got injured and could'nt find a good replacement, i also have another team in a nfl managed league and im in the final on saturday, but its no where near as prestigious as the boards league

My team decided to scored 125 points this week to rub salt into my wounds, still looking to finish strong and secure 5th place against the Witty Tanks this week.

same here, i went for vick straight away and when it came back to me all the top RB'S except Bradshaw were gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I drafted Charles and Blount with picks 1 and 2 and that didnt get me too far :(

My regret was expecting the Buccs to be at least as good this season was a mistake as they constituated too many of my high picks. Next season I'll spread my first few picks around a few teams.

It was still a fun league all the same. Tough with such a tight waiver wire but I'll be back for more next season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Great final so far. Lions were 20 points up. I had 2 players to come and lions had one. Last night Jordy Nelson got 23 points for me, so I am 3 points clear. Tonight is a shootout between Jimmy Graham (me) and Julio Jones (lions). Great finish!!

Great final so far. Lions were 20 points up. I had 2 players to come and lions had one. Last night Jordy Nelson got 23 points for me, so I am 3 points clear. Tonight is a shootout between Jimmy Graham (me) and Julio Jones (lions). Great finish!!
    Yeah, was watching that game last night knowing the situation. I knew Nelson would pick up some points, but those 2 TD's have completely obliterated that rather healthy lead I had.

It is rather strange though that the whole championship will come down to 2 players in a shootout. Definitely makes for an exciting finish alright!

Just scraped the win by 2 points!
    Julio Jones got 16.80 & Graham got 10.20 which was enough to grab the win. Probably the closest match I've been involved in all season.
    Turned out to be great final & now to look foward to life in division 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Well played lads, congrats to lionbacker, thanks for the good competition and I hope to see you all next year for more fantasy football!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Congrats Lionbacker, great team and fully deserved. See you all next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Just scraped the win by 2 points!
    Julio Jones got 16.80 & Graham got 10.20 which was enough to grab the win. Probably the closest match I've been involved in all season.
    Turned out to be great final & now to look foward to life in division 2.

Congratulations Lionbacker, well deserved over the season.
    Looking forward to D2 as well!
    Thanks for a great season lads and a smoothly run league.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

So who's the GM of D3 for the new season?

i don't mind doing it again, coz its not that much hassle but if someone wanted to take over I'd have no complaints :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

You sending out invites soon?

• Advertisement

still waiting on a few people to confirm their participation!

Have you sent out pms? Is the league set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

still waiting on a few people to confirm their participation!

Cheers, was just wondering where things were. Probably should've figured you'd wait til after the 31st :o

Have you sent out pms? Is the league set up?

seriously?

Woah Woah, I don't know how it works I just seen guys in the FF Thread getting movin I was just wondering what the story was. I know there's still ages to go but the deadline for guys to come back is next week isn't it?

Woah Woah, I don't know how it works I just seen guys in the FF Thread getting movin I was just wondering what the story was. I know there's still ages to go but the deadline for guys to come back is next week isn't it?

Sorry I just get annoyed when people don't read posts, especially if its only a post or two before they asked!!

I seen you said still waiting on people to confrim their participation!

I was just wondering whether you'd pm'd them or were just waiting for them to confirm in the main BFF Thread.

Like I said I was just wondering what was going on.

we're waiting on updates from people here: http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056657793&page=6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

So the powers have decided that I get to be promoted from Division 4 so just sticking my head in.

Who's running the league anyway :) have invites and that been sent out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

I've been quiet lately but I'm in this Division, and I'm ready to go! Hoping for a good late draft date too, as close to season as possible please :)

Advertisement