Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where do you stand on salt?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,741 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

rubadub wrote: »
    Past experience I guess. If 99% of the time they ended up adding more salt in the past then some might do it automatically.

Well my experience tells me that sometimes I 'need' to add salt to food that I haven't cooked and sometimes it is almost too salty to eat.

I think chips, from a chipper is a special case as you know that salt hasn't gone near the chips and you know if you like salt on chips or not.

I was talking more about people putting salt on prepared food with no idea of how salty it is or otherwise. I have no problem with people putting salt on food that I have prepared as long as they taste it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

syklops wrote: »
    Overtime I have managed to wean her off it.

Why? What's wrong with her having a little salt in/on things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Why? What's wrong with her having a little salt in/on things?

There is nothing wrong with having a little salt. There is something wrong with expecting everything she eats should taste salty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

only thing i ever add salt to is over chips which i rarely have . Or a small sprinkle into potatoes before mashing which i also rarely have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I add salt in when I am cooking, and when I serve meals I always put salt on the table and usually add a little (or sometimes a lot) to my own food, for more flavour.

I always find when I add salt to my own finished meals my family stare at me in horror as if to say "what the hell are you doing?", I find it so rude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Why do people use maldon sea salt cooking? surely the flakes'll dissolve and just taste the same as any sea salt or rock salt for that matter?

Exactly. But maldon flakes sprinkled on finished food is amazing. The texture of the salt makes the flavour of your dish pop...

Advertisement