Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

.mov problems. Anyone heard of XDVE codec?

• 09-05-2008 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Hope this is the right forum, although I might have to move it to video/editing

I'm having problems playing a .mov file on my XP PC. It was exported from a Sony EX1 camera through a Mac Final Cut Pro onto external harddrive.
    Now on my windows based system with Premier Pro I cannot view the files.

If I open Quicktime I can hear the sound but not see any video?

I tryed to convert it with super to any other format but no joy, it says that the video codec is XDVE??

Anyone any idea how to play this as I need to log the footage on an XP machine?

thanks
    M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Try VLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Milkman

hiya Sherifu

tryed that, but don't even get sound from vlc... still no joy.

thanks for the reply.

M.

Advertisement