Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Black Keys - 22nd August 2012

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

frantic190 wrote: »
    That was unbelievably good.

8331a440ecaf11e1b10e123138204060_7.jpg

You must've been right next to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Managed to get a video of Little Black Submarines. I still can't feel my legs after this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Yea great gig, absolutely brilliant setlist. Patrick Carney on the drums was outstanding

Anyone know if it was a sell-out in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Sweatiest gig I have ever been to, was so worth it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

was my first proper gig... what a one to go to!! absolutely unreal!! little black

submarines, everlasting light, i got mine and gold on the ceiling were highlights. only

disapointment was that they didn't play "mind eraser", other than that though it

was amazing.

• Advertisement

Yea great gig, absolutely brilliant setlist. Patrick Carney on the drums was outstanding

Anyone know if it was a sell-out in the end?

There was some seats at the side at the back and in the backrow but apart from that it looked packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Definitely the most obnoxious crowd I've been in (never thought in a million years I'd feel out of place wearing a Rory Gallagher shirt to a Black Keys gig, but I did last night for sure), but damn they were good.

I was really excited to see Band of Skulls, and they ****ing killed it. I was a little bit scared the Black Keys would disappoint me after that, but they didn't. Pat was really beating the **** out of those drums.

They somehow sound more powerful when it's just the two of them, and it would've been cool to hear a few more older songs. Ending with "I got mine" was a good choice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I thought The Black Keys were good (third time seeing them) but I honestly thought they played better in Tripod 2 years ago; now that was a fantastic gig. Stand out songs on the night, for me, were Gold on the Ceiling, I Got Mine, Your Touch, Ten Cent Pistol. Bit disappointed nothing from Rubber Factory was played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I was near the back standing and I have to say the sound was woeful, one of the quietest gigs Ive ever been to. For the whole gig there was a steady stream of people going to the bar/smoking area (which was packed) and the babble of conversation could be heard even during the louder parts. Quite a number of people seemed to be leaving early also. I thought the Black Keys played very well and it was a great setlist but the gig as a whole was a bit of a let down from where we were. A shame as I was really looking forward to it :(

• Advertisement

I don't suppose anyone has any of the gig posters for sale.I'm seriously regretting not buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Chavways wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone has any of the gig posters for sale.I'm seriously regretting not buying one.
    I didn't even see them there! They were class

I didn't even see them there! They were class

I was there before 7 o clock and there were loads left but I didn't want to carry it around for the whole night.I think they only made 170 of them.Realy regret not getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Riddim Bandit

Ah, I got there after 7 and obviously missed posters ;) I mean they had small posters on merch but not the actual gig large black-and-whites.

Gig itself... umm I dont know, didnt blown my mind ;)

They played brilliantly though, have to be said.

sugarman wrote: »
    Brilliant gig, but sitting took away from it..

Everyone was dry ****es just sitting there arms folded! Towards the end everyone got into & were almost all standing.. security couldnt do a thing... nor did they care at that point.

Couple behind me where going ape **** at me to sit down... when everyone infront of ME was standing in my way anyways... seriously?

No complaints tho, decent set, tho nothing from Rubber factory.

Sound was abit quite too, no? Only me?

I thought they were nowhere near as loud as Band of Skulls anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Great gig, I thouroughly enjoyed it, I was close enough standing, I kept thinking to myself, "I could definitely hit him with a rock from here, Im that close" ahha!

Didnt notice it being quiet but I did notice band of sculls were quiet when I walked in first so maybe the sound just didnt spread so well?

I thought it was great that even though it was the o2, it still felt intimate!

Highlights for me were little black submarines (just casually stopping mid song to change guitars, not a care in th world - love it!), everlasting light (the disco ball!), lonely boy (everyone going crazy) and I got mine which was a great closer with the black keys sign dropping and lighting up!

I'd go see them again in an instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Excellent gig but maybe a bit short. 1hr 25mins maybe. I was hoping theyd have gone on until 11. They played Girl Is On My Mind from Rubber Factory i think.

I thought The Black Keys were good (third time seeing them) but I honestly thought they played better in Tripod 2 years ago; now that was a fantastic gig. Stand out songs on the night, for me, were Gold on the Ceiling, I Got Mine, Your Touch, Ten Cent Pistol. Bit disappointed nothing from Rubber Factory was played.

• bit of a long shot but would anybody know even some of the songs in the playlist before the black keys came on?? they sounded excellent, soul music

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

bit of a long shot but would anybody know even some of the songs in the playlist before the black keys came on?? they sounded excellent, soul music

Other than the cover of Satisfaction the only one I recognised was Yes We Can by (I think) Lee Dorsey

• Advertisement

bit of a long shot but would anybody know even some of the songs in the playlist before the black keys came on?? they sounded excellent, soul music

Pretty sure this was there too, a lot of people were freaked out by it :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

their entrance music is" liquid swords".i think it's one of the wu tang clan but am open to correction. Either way it's some groovy ****

• ha, don't remember that one, its a bit weird alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Led Zeppelin - Ramble On was the song immediately after the gig IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭LowOdour

My two cents on the gig:

Have to say it was a really superb gig...each song was brilliant. Personal highlights Ten Cent Pistol (especially the final bit of it after lights went down), thickfreakess, Next Girl , LB Submerine, everlasting light and I got mine.

I have never sweated as much at a gig, and has been a while since I let loose at a gig ( with very little booze in me too!). Was a real great gig.

Myself and my buddy were fairly close to the stage, and what suprised us was how static people around us were...alot seem to only know Gold, Submarine and lonely boy. had to laugh at a group of 5 lads who barged throw from nowhere when lonely boy came on, and the once the encore started they just walked back without a peep.

no gripes about the night (Skulls were excellent too). I must apologise to the girl who sat beside me on the bus back to galway...if you reading this, sorry about the smell of, ahem, perspation off me after the gig!!

LowOdour wrote: »

Myself and my buddy were fairly close to the stage, and what suprised us was how static people around us were...alot seem to only know Gold, Submarine and lonely boy. had to laugh at a group of 5 lads who barged throw from nowhere when lonely boy came on, and the once the encore started they just walked back without a peep.

A lot of people would have only heard El Camino or only heard of the Black Keys when Lonely Boy was released, myself included. Haven't stopped listening to their old albums since though so I knew the words of all the old songs aswell. There was still a good atmosphere though even when people didn't know the words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭ Hendrix Gigantic Bum

I was very near the front and the songs I found everybody went bat **** crazy were,
    Lonely Boy
    LIttle black Submarines
    gold on the ceiling,
    thickfreakness
    and strangely enough, Same old thing

I thought it was plenty load but then again I was up pretty damn close. Originally I wasn't too close but after lonely boy cam on I was pushed up the very front somehow, no complaints from me but a fight or two broke out annoyingly.

All in all, in the location we were in, best gig I've ever been too. Band of Skulls played brilliantly too. Oh and I love how everyone kept chanting PATRICK, PATRICK. :D

Did anyone else find security lax? (MY friends and I weren't even searched)

scaled.php?server=194&filename=dsc0153xo.jpg&res=landing
    scaled.php?server=502&filename=img0001pp.jpg&res=landing
    img0002io.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27 opethf4an

Brilliant GIG. Me and me 6yrs old son were delighted. Also great quality sound and loudness - just as it should b. Pity they didn`t play Stack shot billy, and some stuff of the first album or Chulahoma, but it was big, commercial gig - so i`m not surprised.
    Fantastic gig anyway!

Advertisement