Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Action Figure Collecting

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭snowserpeant

nice 1,thanks for the link.of all the pecies i have my favorite would be my action force z-force "whirlwind" from 1983.its still in mint condition and unassembled,the box is also 95% mint,the stickers / decals have not been applied to it and it even still has the "join the action force club" membership form in the box.its still in as good a condition now as it was back in the day:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Recieved me pride and joy the other Marvel Legends Ares all 120 euro worth of the bugger !

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭tro81

So 49ers fan said he was going to invasion dublin this weekend. I was disappointed with the number of stalls when i went 2 years ago. was wondering if they have improved in that area. When i went there was like 5 and only 1 was selling star wars action fig. I was going to see if i could do a stall myself but at 660 for the weekend it was just out of my league.
    As for myself i collect all sorts of action figs. But these day i tend to sell more then i collect. Really concentrating on robot and droids at mo. Have a nice r2d2 and c3po collection going as well as my old childhood favourite ZOIDS

i was at invasion dublin last year and there was about 8 stalls [including a guy from up north who took both euros and gpb] and ALL were selling starwars,wont be going this year but i imagine it would be the same....zoids,there is a real blast from the past,are they the original 1980s zoids or the recent versions?

.zoids,there is a real blast from the past,are they the original 1980s zoids or the recent versions?
    yep the 80's got quite a few now. but only one large one "red horn" sadly thou he is not complete. if any one has any i would be interested or even spare parts.

• Advertisement

nice 1.i dont have any myself but would not mind getting a few,where did you get them from?:)

adverts, ebay, and a few deals i've done around the place with other toy collectors

nice 1:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

A word of warning: Vintage Zoids can get expensive pretty quick. Quite a lot of international color,tooling, variations.

ESP the Japanese market.

that would not surprise 1 bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Tok

Title say it all really. I have recently started to buy the 3.75 inch Marvel Universe figures, I am getting the in the boxes (cards) But I would love to a case full of them.

Is it really worth keeping them in there packaging, I have no aims to sell them on. This would be great (http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/comic-con-episode-iv-4.jpg) but I do not have a full room to devote to the collection.

Oddly though I am going to collect the DC 52 Jim Lee figures and not take them out of the box.....yet.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Tok wrote: »
    Is it really worth keeping them in there packaging, I have no aims to sell them on.

Even if it doesn't involve increased monetary value...packaged, unopened, toys will usually move quicker than opened ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I collect the Marvel Universe ones myself and theres about 5 maybe 6 that go for mad money Vision, Warpath(black and Silver), Blade, Classic Havok , and Iron Patriot(osbourne variant) Rest of them have been rereleased multiple times so lost any value they had , I open all mine and display them comes down to personal preference really

Advertisement