Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63 and 77 call engineer after changing the battery

• 17-05-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Anybody can help me please?
    I just changed the battery after having code "61 call engineer" and now I get code "77 call engineer".
    @Koolkid can you send me please the manuals and can you advise me please how to clear this code?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

77 Call engineer is just a service interval. You will need the engineer code to clear this. The alarm should work fine either way.
    I'm PMing you the manual now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭altor

JLMFRD wrote: »
    Anybody can help me please?
    I just changed the battery after having code "61 call engineer" and now I get code "77 call engineer".
    @Koolkid can you send me please the manuals and can you advise me please how to clear this code?
    Thanks in advance!

61 is the reference to the low battery, this should be cleared by putting in the new battery. Also check the link for the battery is in place.
    71 is the reference to your system service, An installer can set this up to remind you to have it serviced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fenixas

Hello, could somebody explain me or send me astec 63dv engineer manual? I want to clear code 77. I found code online but don't know the procedure how to enter engineer mode.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Once you enter & leave engineer mode the message will clear.
    To disable it enter engineer code press 27 set 00 set & clear 99.
    Ill send you the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chrismvideo

Hi Altor / Koolkid

I replaced the battery in my Astec 63 Alarm today and all is running as it should now. Only thing is the fault light is still on the panel and it says Code 77 Call Engineer? Could you help me to remove this error?

Thanks
    Chris

• Advertisement

77 Call engineer is just a service interval. You will need the engineer code to clear this. The alarm should work fine either way.

Do you have the engineer code for your panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chrismvideo

Hi Koolkid..

I don't have the engineer code.. The company was called Armtec Alarms Ltd, but they have gone out of business. The phone numbers and emails I have for them I'm getting no response from? Could you forward me the install manual and I might try a factory reset?

Thanks

I PMed you that manual. I hope it helps.

Advertisement