Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting slightly bored of Skyrim?

• 20-08-2012 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

I have been playing this for a few weeks now, awesome game the size and level of detail is just astonishing. However, I do find the missions slightly tedious, which seem to consist mainly of going to some cave to fight the undead and fetching a staff for some bloke. Am I missing something here? Is there more to this game, perhaps later on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

It sounds like you're doing the Miscellaneous objectives, which are quite generic. Proper side quests and storylines are usually more interesting.

If that doesn't help you could try a new character build. I was originally playing as a Breton spellsword, got bored of that and built an Imperial sneak-thief. Never had more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I have been playing this for a few weeks now, awesome game the size and level of detail is just astonishing. However, I do find the missions slightly tedious, which seem to consist mainly of going to some cave to fight the undead and fetching a staff for some bloke. Am I missing something here? Is there more to this game, perhaps later on?

I got my dragon armour, completed most of the quests, sided with both factions, completed the game. Packed it in before fetching the daedric artefacts, i have to leave it for a good while now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Na it does get boring after awhile, the quests are quite tedious, the guilds were disappointing and it has less character customisation than morrowind and oblivion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

so im a greatsword yielding orc this time.

for a new game whats the most opposite to that I could go?

so im a greatsword yielding orc this time.

for a new game whats the most opposite to that I could go?

Any character who fights his or her battles in the shadows, killing people with a dagger or a bow before they even know there's an enemy in their midst.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I gave up on Skyrim.

Quests ARE tedious. Combat is ridic simplistic. Loading times (ps3 version) are a pain. Dragons offer no challenge, horrible yank accents ("you'll never beat an Orc!") in a thick American accent? No thanks!

give me Demon or Dark Souls anyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

jayteecork wrote: »
    I gave up on Skyrim.

Quests ARE tedious. Combat is ridic simplistic. Loading times (ps3 version) are a pain. Dragons offer no challenge, horrible yank accents ("you'll never beat an Orc!") in a thick American accent? No thanks!

give me Demon or Dark Souls anyday

Yeah, the PS3 version really struggles.

thats what I have.

Once you turn off the autosave youre laughing!

Really wish id discovered that trick sooner!

Who would best be suited to killing people in the shadows? Khajiit?

also, wouldnt that be a bit pants when I have to fight a dragon etc!!?

also, wouldnt that be a bit pants when I have to fight a dragon etc!!?

Put time and perks into your Alchemy, and take every opportunity to learn a new Shout. The poisons you'll develop will, along with some Shouting, will bring even an Ancient Dragon into line.

• Advertisement

only shout ive ever used on a dragon is dragonrend to make him land so I can bate him with my massive sword!!

Are there any other worthwhile ones?

Must really get into magic. Ive never ever cast a scroll in combat and only magic I ever use is clairvoyance and destruction.

only shout ive ever used on a dragon is dragonrend to make him land so I can bate him with my massive sword!!

Are there any other worthwhile ones?

Must really get into magic. Ive never ever cast a scroll in combat and only magic I ever use is clairvoyance and destruction.

Most of the Shouts are worthwhile in one way or another, in my experience.

Just heard of another interesting way to play the game. Start over, crank the difficulty up to Master and play by the rule "Dead means dead". If the Dragonborn dies, you start over...

no way!

dead is dead would be ****, some of those master mages kill you with one shot.

too many dragons just eat you at the start too!!

Spellbreaker shield is awesome, just got it.

who would be the best race to do magic with?

no way!

dead is dead would be ****, some of those master mages kill you with one shot.

too many dragons just eat you at the start too!!

Spellbreaker shield is awesome, just got it.

who would be the best race to do magic with?

I'm tempted, I'll be honest. Imagine how much more intense each and every fight would be if death was the end. :eek:

Best races for Magic would probably be Breton or High Elf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

What does 'dead is dead' mean? You have to start all over again?

What does 'dead is dead' mean? You have to start all over again?

Yeah, pretty much. Could be a good way of entertaining yourself because you'd have to play more carefully and fighting would be more intense.

Another way I found to make the game interesting: Google character builds on the Skyrim Blog. There's many interesting ones, including ones for Alik'r warriors and Hold guards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Hallyington

I would recommend starting as a set Character as in rp alot. It prolongs the game for me anyway thinking im a dunmer assassin from Oblivions era.

I would recommend starting as a set Character as in rp alot. It prolongs the game for me anyway thinking im a dunmer assassin from Oblivions era.

There's a good few RP character builds on the Skyrim Blog too. After I wrap up my current playthrough, I'm going to take a stab at a dead-is-dead playthrough that mimics the Old Orc you encounter in the wilds seeking a "good death".

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    There's a good few RP character builds on the Skyrim Blog too. After I wrap up my current playthrough, I'm going to take a stab at a dead-is-dead playthrough that mimics the Old Orc you encounter in the wilds seeking a "good death".

I was thinking about that what would be a good difficulty setting? As master is a tad bit on the "Fackthisgame" chart.

I was thinking about that what would be a good difficulty setting? As master is a tad bit on the "Fackthisgame" chart.

I'll probably just stick with Adept. I usually play on Expert but I don't know if I want to do that when my character's death will be permanent. :P

• Advertisement

I might do a sneaky switch to apprentice if i end up raging :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Went back playing on PS3 last night.

Turned off autosave on travel and that helped loading times a lot.

Combat is still bad imo. You can pause and use as many potions as you want which makes it a bit retarded. There should be some sort of cooldown on pot usage. Combat is just a grind and not satisfying at all like in Dark or Demon Souls.
    I'd love to see The Elder Scrolls come out of the 1st person and into 3rd person only where a Dark Souls combat system could be implemented.

Betsheda do a lot of things well like the vastness of the world, the ridiculous amounts of things to do and the attention to detail.
    However the voice acting is poor, often bordering on laughable ("You'll never beat an Orc!" in a Mid western US accent?), the main plot woefully uninteresting, it's pointless bothering to get a horse, levelling up system isn't great either(I just spammed making the ****tiest leather item to get blacksmithing to 100, you increase the same amount as you would for crafting something valuable). Also you can just constantly heal yourself or conjure something to level.

Advertisement