Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost log book.

• 30-07-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does any body know how I go about obtaining a new log book? I lost all documents relating to my car during my last house move. :( I was imported from the UK last year. So I'm sure that'll add some confusion to the matter.

Also, where would I pick up a head lamp bulb for a 98' BMW 316se?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Speedy007

You can download a form from www.motortax.ie its the RF134, fill it out, have it stamped at the Garda station, send it off to local tax office with cheque for €12 and you'll have a replacement log book sent back to you. Not sure if it might be different for a UK import though, maybe someone else could clarify??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Speedy007 wrote: »
    You can download a form from www.motortax.ie its the RF134, fill it out, have it stamped at the Garda station, send it off to local tax office with cheque for €12 and you'll have a replacement log book sent back to you. Not sure if it might be different for a UK import though, maybe someone else could clarify??

If its on irish plates, then it'll be ok. just do whats stated above.
    As for the lightbulb, take out the old one and go into any good petrol station and they should have replacements.
    Or a motor factors

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Cheers guys! It has ROI plates alright.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭simoniz

Does anybody know how long it would take to get the replacement log book?

Thank you,
    simoniz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭ikb

simoniz wrote: »
    Does anybody know how long it would take to get the replacement log book?

Thank you,
    simoniz

If its straight forward (as above) bout 10 days:) Although with this work to rule probably longer:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭simoniz

ikb wrote: »
    If its straight forward (as above) bout 10 days:) Although with this work to rule probably longer:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Robbie1988

I dunno if i'm even asking in the right place but i bought a car last night with no log book how do i get the look book if i fill out the RF134 will it come out in my name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

If you order a replacement with the RF134, it'll go to the current owner - the person you just bought it off.

You then need to hound them to make sure they process it as soon as they receive it.

Quick question - have you done all the necessary checks to ensure that the car is legit? Personally, that would set alarm bells ringing for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Robbie1988

The guy I got it off was foreign, but it was right outside his house he even went back in to get me spare lights for it. He said he only bought it himself and who he bought it off tol him somethin about tax and the log book going to him so I think I will just go to the Garda station in a while and try get it all sorted. Otherwise back to that fela's house

• Advertisement
Advertisement