Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

25 plus.ie insurance - experiences?

• 05-01-2009 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Ok,

So my insurance is up on Jan the 20th and I'm currently with Quinn, they want €1200 for my renewal which is only €100 less than what I paid last year, so I went looking for some quotes and 25plus.ie came up the cheapest at only €811 with a €300 excess whereas Quinns excess was €250

So I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with 25plus.ie? good or bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just got a quote there. Still €150 more expensive than tesco. Also wouldn't quote me with the OH as a named driver, I had to remove her to get the quote. Tesco reduced my premium when I added her.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

seamus wrote: »
    Just got a quote there. Still €150 more expensive than tesco. Also wouldn't quote me with the OH as a named driver, I had to remove her to get the quote. Tesco reduced my premium when I added her.

Must Try Tesco, Its on an Integra Type R though, not the easiest to get good quotes on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭fletch

Give 123.ie a call, the last 3 people I've helped gotten a quote have come out cheaper than anywhere else. Oh I'm in no way affiliated with 123.ie btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

they are quite nice to deal with. prompt (i love the northie accent too ;))

fletch wrote: »
    Give 123.ie a call, the last 3 people I've helped gotten a quote have come out cheaper than anywhere else. Oh I'm in no way affiliated with 123.ie btw.

I was in contact with 123.ie a year ago and they couldn't do anything for me but I'll try again and see.
    samhail wrote: »
    they are quite nice to deal with. prompt (i love the northie accent too ;))

Female northen accents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

the best :) they are based out of donegal.... or am i thinking of britton insurance on that one !!! ??? hmmm
    ack sorry. its brittoninsurance.com that have the hawt northie accent (give them a ring for a quote at least ! ;))

oh and dont be surprised if you start getting emails from Its4women.ie and 25plus.ie when you do a quote :)

the best :) they are based out of donegal.... or am i thinking of britton insurance on that one !!! ??? hmmm
    ack sorry. its brittoninsurance.com that have the hawt northie accent (give them a ring for a quote at least ! ;))

oh and dont be surprised if you start getting emails from Its4women.ie and 25plus.ie when you do a quote :)

ah no 25plus.ie have called me from a northern number so i presume there based up there somewhere too, but it was a male i was talking to :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Britton. 123 are in Sandyford I think

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

25 plus wont quote me on my Focus ST :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭budhabob

So just outta curiousity, has anyone has any experience, other than getting quotes from 25plus? they seem to be very competitive for me anyway, so any experience would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

mik_da_man wrote: »
    25 plus wont quote me on my Focus ST :(

+1 ,they wont quote me on my VRS,but they'll quote a integra type R?

budhabob wrote: »
    So just outta curiousity, has anyone has any experience, other than getting quotes from 25plus? they seem to be very competitive for me anyway, so any experience would be greatly appreciated.

I went with them on the quote they gave me on my ITR and 3 days into the cover they rang me to say they were canceling the policy as there underwriters had decided to stop insuring the ITR, absolute joke and wouldn't recommend them to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

25plus.ie, interesting rules, you have to be over 25 to get a quote. I wonder if they know they are breaking the Equal Status Act by refusing to quote under 25s's? Could be a nice little earner for any under 25's who take a case against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

with 25plus.ie, good to deal with over phone, very promp, no complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You could use the same argument for insurance companies' gender discrimination. Except you won't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

they refused to quote me (at least online) for a 27 year old, bmw 318, 2 year ncb, 2 year full licence.

stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭octyvrs

jackncoke wrote: »
    +1 ,they wont quote me on my VRS,but they'll quote a integra type R?

strange.. i'm insured with them with a 06 octavia rs no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Stephen wrote: »
    You could use the same argument for insurance companies' gender discrimination. Except you won't win.

That's what you think. I know someone who took an age discrimination case under Equal Status Act and got a nice out of court settlement of €5K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Colmkell02

Stay away from 25Plus.They are an online company and you can't speak to them directly. you have to create an Imessage for them to contact you. I changed from them just last month as they don't know their left hand from their right. A very bad experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

We were with them for years, no issues, had one claim, no issues getting it sorted, the Mrs is still with them, I moved last year to Aviva because I had to get the young lad on the road, the policy I have with Aviva is nowhere near as good as the AIG one I had with 25+

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement