Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with pokerstars withdrawel

• 29-03-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭

Ok so in the past week i have been lucky enough to win two 100fo's on stars, amongst a few other tournies. those of you familiar with stars will know there is a nice payout for this.

now my problem is that once i attempted to cash it out my account was closed for cashouts. the cited some old issue that occurred between them and a friend of mine. they said that since i used the same computer as him and neteller account once that i was 'heavily related' to him that until the issue was resolved with him my account will not be reinistated. i have sent them many an email, copy of my driver's license and still they are not appeased.

i spoke to my friend, who's account they have the issue with and he tells me that issue was resolved but that they are lookin for extra money off him since the matter took so long to resolve.

i now have roughly 15k in my account that i cannot touch, and i simply cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel, as it isnt even my ccount that there is an issue with. i need some seriouos advice from anyone who might know what i can do about this, they are simply refusing to budge here. all advice greatly appreciated,
    mormank

are they even within their rights to withhogl my account because of an issue with my friend's account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

did your friend defraud stars? If so I think it's quite reasonable for them to freeze your account if you played on the same computer and used the same neteller account. In fact I didn't think it was possible to fund two Stars accounts from one NT account.

The issue with your "friend" obviously hasn't been "resolved" if Stars think he still owes them money.

If your friend really did nothing wrong and you are telling the whole truth post your story on 2+2 and you will probably get feedback there from a Stars rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

set up a new account, lodge 1k, play heads up on cash table between the two accounts and dump the money into the new account, than withdraw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

Ollieboy wrote: »
    set up a new account, lodge 1k, play heads up on cash table between the two accounts and dump the money into the new account, than withdraw it.

Would you not have to make sure you set the new account up at a diff location? I had set my brothers up for him and when I was doing something for myself it came back from stars about the same IP address, I had to write and explain I setup my brothers but he was playing from a different IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

lol if you really want to see stars lock up your money this is a pretty much foolproof plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

This would be a good idea if you never want to see your money again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

This would be a good idea if you never want to see your money again

He can transfer it to me and I will cash out for him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

What was the whole story with G's account anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

It's extremely unlikely that stars are "are lookin for extra money off him since the matter took so long to resolve."

Unfortunately your friend is likely not giving you the full story of why stars closed their account in the first place. If you're using the same pc and neteller account, it's gonna look pretty much like you're your friend.

Ollie, i would hope you were joking as i'm sure you know that dumping the funds will guarantee an account closure.

mormank, What i'd suggest you do is mail stars and ask them what exactly needs to be resolved and how it can be resolved.
    Given that the winnings are from MTTs they're unlikely to suspect there's any credit card fraud involved. so it may involve your firnd multi accounting or colluding in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭mormank

ok i can accept that possibly im not getting the full story from my friend. how many of you out there have used the same pc as a friend of yours? so he without sin cast the first stone. stars will not disclose to me the issue with the otehr account as it is against policy. so im completely in the dark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

RoundTower wrote: »
    lol if you really want to see stars lock up your money this is a pretty much foolproof plan.

it was sad with a bit of tongue and cheek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Everyone criss-crosses between PCs if they're regular poker players, and poker companies do understand this.

It's tough to give an answer when all the details aren't available.

Your friend knows exactly what he did, and if he's not willing to help you out by rectifying the situation, then he's not much of a friend. An unresolved issue that involves stars looking for money from your friend likely means that a transaction or transactions on his account were disputed through the bank or through the payment processor and stars are out of pocket because of it.

You may just need to argue the issue with.

Is that PC you're using, or using the most the one your friend was using?

Or was it a case where you've used his PC once or twice?

How long ago was the issue with your friend's account?

Ask them if you yourself has engaged in activity that breaches the site's rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭WECpoker

mormank wrote: »
    how many of you out there have used the same pc as a friend of yours? so he without sin cast the first stone. stars will not disclose to me the issue with the otehr account as it is against policy. so im completely in the dark

I ll throw it then......Poker is a serious money business. I dont play on others computers. Especially on friends computers that are theives :)

Hopefully you get it resolved...but PokerStars has to take care from people who try to cheat them then start new accounts. One way they stop people is to find matching IP addesses (which means if you arent the person--you most likely are close to him).

A note for the wise...they will also investigate your account if you make a lot of transfers to a known theif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

It's extremely unlikely that stars are "are lookin for extra money off him since the matter took so long to resolve."

QUOTE]

Yeah stars are not in the business of randomly shaking down their customers for cash. More than meets the eye to this one.

I had my account frozen a few weeks ago due to an alleged "relation" with some player. I had to submit photo ID to get it unlocked. I can only presume it was some guy i played with in a tourney or SNG who donked his chips to me or the other way round, and another player complained about it. Guess its nice to see they make an effort to investigate these things.

the extra funds they were requesting were something to do with insurance for the amount that was originally missing. i dont know the whole story obviously. all i care about is the money that i would like to withdraw to be honest. i really appreciate all the comments as this was genuinely distressing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

mormank wrote: »
    the extra funds they were requesting were something to do with insurance for the amount that was originally missing. i dont know the whole story obviously. all i care about is the money that i would like to withdraw to be honest. i really appreciate all the comments as this was genuinely distressing me

Dont panic anyway. Never panic. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and we are dealing with Stars here :o

My suggestion:

Try your best to prove beyond doubt that you had nothing to do with your friends actions. If your friend kills a guy in the pub while you are sitting at home watching telly you shouldnt be held accountable for it and the same should hold true here. In the case of that example you would prove to the police you were at home and had nothing to do with it. Prove your case here.

IF they are still insistent after doing all this, then i advise you to play hardball. If the security department dont deal with it satisfactorily, ask to speak to Paul Overton. He is basically the head honcho in Stars or maybe 2nd in command. He's a sound man, about 32, English and very pro-active. Whether he'll be able to look into this is doubtful but it's a step in the "i want to talk to your manager" direction, that usually hurries things up. Bottom line you have done nothing wrong so once you have PROVEN that fact they should release the funds. But make sure you do everything to prove your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

What was the whole story with G's account anyway?

I presume its mini? Occasionly i transfer him $$$, cashed out without hassle though.

Play 50/100 plo while your waiting to get it fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

You'll always be a hack if you can't spell "withdrawal" Geoff"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

lol

cheers duff man. i never thought of that!! :) nicky i knew i was spellin it wrong, just knew it. problem finally solved everyone. thanks for ur help. so anyone for hu high stakes plo??? :)

Advertisement