Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] S04E05 "Me and the Devil" [*SPOILERS WITHIN*]

• 19-07-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭

Sookie nurtures Eric; Bill gets involved personally in the necromancy crisis; Pam takes the veil; Sam becomes Tommy's accomplice; Arlene and Terry look to religion to solve their problem; Jesus and Lafayette head to Mexico to harness a shaman's power; Jason convalesces.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Godric!!!!! WTF!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Doesn't look like
    Pam has healed at all from that promo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Godric!!!!! WTF!!

Bet ya it's another "dream"!

Though I hope not. And Pam... Does her best work when she's angry. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

tumblr_lonqubUZAQ1ql1t0mo1_500.jpg

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Bet ya it's another "dream"!

Yeah it probably is a dream. But normally Godric is telling him to be kinder or whatever and not.....suck the life esp out of Sookie! Definitely a dream.

Stands to sense that Pam won't be healed, same as Eric can't get his memory back. Lordy she looks brutal :pac:

• Advertisement

Not a particularly action-packed episode, but certainly the best of the season so far.

Sookie was not very annoying this week, Bill grew some balls, Pam funny as usual and Eric is going to be different now that he knows what he did.
    IMO setting up for a rash of good eps to come after this.

Hope we've seen the back of Tara now for a while, damn she's annoying!

"Oh my gravy!" - indeed Jason... oh my gravy indeed! :D

The ending... what can I say? Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Don't agree it's the best in the series so far, that'd be last weeks.
    Pam is rather fantastic in this episode. Loved the Jessica and Jason (with Hoyt popping up) dream sequence. Priceless. Jason in the diner swearing himself to chastity is pretty brilliant too. That's when he's at his best.
    As is Sookie when she's playing the good ol Southern girl role, as she was when she went to visit Marnie. Hearing grandmas thoughts via Marnie was excellently done.
    Nice to get the back story on the Spanish massacre. If you watch the comic con promo, you can see what way it's all going to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

For me, this season really seems to be kicking off now. I really enjoyed this episode and it feels as though things are starting to roll. "Oh my gravy" from Jason, the Mickenses are brown bread (hooray!), nice twist there with Tommy the gator and epic "oops!" moment there from Pam. What an ending indeed!

Was pretty impressed with the Comic-Con promo too, and I have to say sometimes I'm delighted that Alan Ball diverts from the books as much as he can, otherwise I wouldn't be anywhere near as excited to watch the rest of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

This was probably the best of the season so far. Things are starting to kick off now and it should hopefully get interesting. Pam is brilliant,delighted they made her a regular.

"I can put up with a lot but when you fuck with my face it's time to die!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Block (8

Definitely agree with the view that this episode seems to be kicking the season into gear.
    Can't wait until next week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I agree with everyone else, it feels like its getting started now.

The comic con trailer looks awesome, and from what I can see most of the stuff in the trailer hasnt happened yet on the show, so hopefully its gonna be action packed from here on.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Teddy_Picker

Hoyt. On top of Jason. Screaming his own name. That is all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Words fail me while watching that. The stuff with Pam's face was hard to watch, loved Bill's line when he saw her "the world needs more bee keepers":D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jason was excellent this week. Him and Hoyt in Merlot's was brilliant ("Jason, you've ****ed to many women....let's see how you like it!") :D Looking forward to him and the fullmoon.

The rest was definitely an improvement from the last few weeks.

Jason in Merlots doing Gods voice was funny :D
    He is sooo feicin adorable but such an eejit bless him. He's like a lost puppy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭Sarn

Good episode. Now that Tommy has killed his mother he should be a skinwalker, so that should provide some interesting problems for Sam.

Tara has significantly improved when compared to the last two seasons, although that wouldn't be hard.

Sarn wrote: »
    Good episode. Now that Tommy has killed his mother he should be a skinwalker, so that should provide some interesting problems for Sam.

Oh never thought of that.
    Basically if a shifter kills another human being them can become/look like that person when they shift if they want? Or can they shift into any human being?

Because Sam would be able to change into the two he killed or possibly even that crazy weird non-aging heart eating woman thing he killed :pac:

Shifters could become the perfect murderers really :eek: if someone gets suspicous about someone being missing for long periods of time they could just shift into the person they killed and put folks at ease! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭Sarn

It has to be another shifter from your own family to be able to turn into a person. Not sure if he can turn into anyone. Good opportunity for scamming, which I'm sure he'll put to good use.

Sarn wrote: »
    It has to be another shifter from your own family to be able to turn into a person.

Oh...well that's a bit crap :/ Guess it discourages murdering folks then so as not many shifters in general would actually wish to kill their family members.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Has anyone got a working link to this weeks episode? I left it too late and all the good links are gone off sidereel.... I am having withdrawals.......

Thanks
    BG x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I thought this episode was the best in the season so far.

Loved Jason going on about God and then Arlene saying 'Do you hear that? God's coming for ya!"

I hope Pam's face gets fixed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

90% of this was awful. New Eric is even worse than Old Bill. His job is to be cheeky and make viewers swoon not to mope about crying. It better all be an act!

Tara and her mother are just such a waste of screen time and Andy is just annoying as hell now.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

Hahahaha :D, yeah, that one was good, I laughed to tears!

I think this belongs here as proof of why this episode was amazing.

b7yIC.jpg

Advertisement