Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any Japanese language classes in Newry?

• 01-03-2011 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey, I've been wondering about this for quite sometime and can't seem to dredge up any info on it through my own contacts/poking around newry.

I'm currently learning the kanji and would be interested in studying as part of a group (with or without a teacher, so if you are in the same boat, and would like to meet up in the library or sumthin for an hour or two per week, it might be a plan :cool: )

my conversation skills are next to non-existent japanese wise at the moment, but thanks to some basic study using rosetta stone and hundreds of hours of japanese movies/etc, I can understand the gist of most sentences.

even if you ain't interested, would love to hear from other people attempting to study it also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 moooncow

Yeah, Ive been looking to learn japanese for a while now, but cant find anything in newry either :( which kinda sucks cos I'm hoping to possibly live there when I'm older.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 conall88

yeah I'm hoping to get into the translation industry when I'm older. I hear a lot of japanese companies pay well for it, as, unlike jap => eng,
    there are few native english speakers that translate eng => jap. I also do like the idea of moving there, but i'l see how it goes with lessons first lol.

so far Ive bought Remembering the Kanji vol 1,2 & 3 [ costs ~£100, but you can get the set 2nd hand, which is what I did, and saved a bundle :) ]

am also looking at www.ajatt.com , but finding it hard to involve more japanese in my daily routine...

will be studying in the library upstairs on friday methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 moooncow

yeah well i've never been able to really start learning yet, but due to Newry not having any classes as far as I have seen, there has been no help or resources to get me started on learning.

silly me forgot that library is being renovated.

oh well.

ajatt.com is the best free resource Ive seen.

goes hand in hand with : http://kanji.koohii.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

If you are really serious about learning the language and are not a time waster, I can arrange lessons by Skype . With a once monthly coffee meeting in Dundalk .

The teacher is Japanese female aged 47 and licenced to teach beginner to advanced. Fees for lessons are 10 Euro per hour, payed by PayPal . PM to get started.

• Advertisement

I don't know if thats the sort of format I would be looking for to be honest. I will give it some thought however. I'm already taking lessons for something else via skype, but its a totally dif format.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

問題がありません。

それはあなたの選択です。

確かに。 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Neroalex

I was just wondering if you guys even know of full time courses that give a qualification at th end? all i see are evening classes that are "introductory" which means all you get is a bit of vocab but no long term lessons or qualifications or certs in the end. Im hoping to get employment as a translator perhaps or just constant lessons that are more frequent than a one night a week pocket robber. Thanks

Advertisement