Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

wUY5H.jpg

:D:D:D

• Moderators Posts: 51,683 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_m1wnhqhme41r4355oo1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

531288_371584122886136_249469905097559_1105469_1185740506_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

xYXG04Tarpan3g2c3HaaizF7o1_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Not sure where this is applicable to really but just threw it into Funny anyway...

Screen grab I took of a thread on /b/, someone going through contradictions in the Bible:

Linked cos it's large

• Advertisement

tumblr_m24rxpxpwl1qee77ko1_500.jpg

Looks like www.jesus-is.org is getting some unexpected answers.

tumblr_m272fgKCjJ1rt8sgdo1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

199834.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sorry, I've no pic or anything, but I'm just looking at a Catholic forum which asks "May the Blessed Sacrament be exposed during Mass?" and I'm laughing my Blessed Sacraments off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Penn wrote: »
    Sorry, I've no pic or anything, but I'm just looking at a Catholic forum which asks "May the Blessed Sacrament be exposed during Mass?" and I'm laughing my Blessed Sacraments off :D

My understanding was that the blessed sacrament was generally exposed in the sacristy after mass...

MrP

• Advertisement

tumblr_m28iyq1ff91qlh1nvo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2b28pW01m1qkewf8o1_400.jpg

tumblr_m2avrvLGmL1ros9vp

tumblr_m24s4zX2lp1qee77ko1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2b96l0nAr1qlh1nvo1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

koth wrote: »
    *pics of candidates getting support from god*

It's strange how no one ever in mid campaign pulls out because God told them that actually he had picked the other guy as his chosen one...

Trollface + long white beard = God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I initially found this article to be rather plausible as an American Christian article. :D God damn commies....
    http://christwire.org/2012/04/is-my-teen-weird-20-terrifying-new-youth-trends/
    2. Bullying People of Faith:
    Far too many teens are ignorantly embracing atheism without understanding the secret ramifications of the communism behind it. They gather in gangs on websites like Facebook and Twitter to harass innocent Christians about their heterosexuality, leaving normal children tearfully terrified. In many instances, the ringleaders behind atheism are pedophiles who use the thrill of bullying to draw your children away from the home for “hook ups” at motels and bus stops.

4. Fantasy Television Shows:
    From Glee to Game of Thrones, farcical liberal storylines are promoted in our popular media in a broad attempt to make sodomy, paganism, cross-dressing and demonic possession appear “hip.” What sort of friends could your child possibly make at school if he or she were to exhibit these fascinations publicly?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭muppeteer

_59503053_watchpic224.jpg
    Leader of the the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill, who apparently took a vow of poverty when becoming a monk, is poorly doctored in a photo to airbrush out a luxury watch he was wearing.
    It appeared to have in mind stories in the media and on the internet alleging that its leader enjoyed luxuries that contravened the vow of poverty he took when he became a monk.

One concerned a lawsuit involving a large flat belonging to him in an exclusive district of Moscow. The lawsuit ended with damages of around $500,000 (£315,000) being awarded to a woman acting on behalf of the Patriarch, while a neighbour's flat was seized by bailiffs.

Another featured a $30,000 Swiss watch that the Patriarch was photographed wearing during a religious service in Ukraine in 2009.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17667782

And what is it with the religious and funny hats??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

muppeteer wrote: »

Transmitter to hear what God is saying.

Apparently, God likes to say "Bling yo'self up, b*tch!" to the religious leaders.

muppeteer wrote: »

The special hats are for keeping the wearer out of touch with reality ;) :P

tumblr_m2css1Ag8j1qg8a8qo1_500.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

^ Nice one muppeteer ;you found the doctored photo. The watch itself has transubstantiated, but its reflection is still visible there in the polished table :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

recedite wrote: »
    ^ Nice one muppeteer ;you found the doctored photo. The watch itself has transubstantiated, but its reflection is still visible there in the polished table :pac:

Is a miracle!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

oxjbG.png

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

^^ Oh trollface!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Hours of fun to be had on this website: http://www.catholicireland.net/talk2god/

It allows children to talk directly to God.Its fun thinking up the most sacriligious combo's you can come up with.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ 200201.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

^^ Especially the two on the left and right, Jesus. They have both lost their way.

tumblr_m2elqp2RDK1rtg1hvo1_500.jpg

panda100 wrote: »
    Hours of fun to be had on this website: http://www.catholicireland.net/talk2god/

It allows children to talk directly to God.Its fun thinking up the most sacriligious combo's you can come up with.

player.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It allows you to type a name of any length but only displays about 8 character, that's just sloppy. And also means I can't type in "Whoah Pope Benny, wham ba dam"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement