Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kristine86

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Annie22

Just got my renewal form this week they said my payments will end on 15th feb and I'll have to wait 12 weeks from then really don't know how the hell we're gonna manage its the most ****ed up system ever. Has anyone contact their local politician about this?

i think you can apply for Supplementary Welfare Allowance, but u will have to pay back once the FIS payments for all months are in. so there is one option.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

kristine86 wrote: »
    i think you can apply for Supplementary Welfare Allowance, but u will have to pay back once the FIS payments for all months are in. so there is one option.
    If you apply for Supplementary Welfare Allowance ,FIS will repay the money back out of your arrears,so its not any hassle on you to repay it.would be a good idea to go to the community welfare officer if you are stuck.

• Advertisement

Annie22 wrote: »
    Has anyone contact their local politician about this?
    Like all DSP payments ,people contact their local politicians all the time about payments,they wont/cant do anything.

oh no we are fine now, we do get the Supplementary Welfare Allowance,like u said we went to the community welfare officer and the support he gave us was unbelievable. so he helped sort everything out. so that's what i was saying to Annie22 that there is way out when you are stuck waiting for FIS, which i didn't know till i saw community welfare officer

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

I rang today about my renewal. They're currently dealing with 10th of November renewal dates.

Thanks for info

btw what's your expiry date?

• Advertisement

btw what's your expiry date?

7th of December. Rang yesterday and they're still on the 10th of November - so no change in a week.

well i am 1th Dec, i will post when i receive any payments...
    till then keep posting if any news on date.Thanks

my expiry date is 15th feb and renewal date is 12th march so prob wont be getting anything till june. I went to community welfare officer and she told me I'm not entitled to any supplementary welfare as our combined income is over €400. We have 3 kids and seriously don't know how we're gonna survive for 12 weeks without this payment

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

my expiry date is 15th feb and renewal date is 12th march so prob wont be getting anything till june. I went to community welfare officer and she told me I'm not entitled to any supplementary welfare as our combined income is over €400. We have 3 kids and seriously don't know how we're gonna survive for 12 weeks without this payment

That's not possible.Your renewal date is the next day after your expiry date. Everyone's claim ends on a Wednesday and the renewal date is the next day ie. Thursday Feb 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mum37

Just sent in fis renewal, heard there is 20 week backlog!!! Up at end of month and will struggle without payment, as mortgage and bills due:(

mum37 wrote: »
    Just sent in fis renewal, heard there is 20 week backlog!!! Up at end of month and will struggle without payment, as mortgage and bills due:(

I think it's first time applications that are taking 20 weeks. Renewals are about 10 to 12 weeks.

egan2020 wrote: »
    mum37 wrote: »

I think it's first time applications that are taking 20 weeks. Renewals are about 10 to 12 weeks.
    Thanx for that!!! 20 weeks is more than I can bear:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ikazimirs

hi i was just wondering.my Fis expired on 3Dec. still 2+ weeks to go till they renew my Fis, but just after i sent in renewal form my hours at work had been reduced big time. Is there any chance if i send in now my new payslip and the letter from my boss before they looked at my form,that they would add that to my form??

17th november.....

Thnx for update kristine86:)

• Advertisement

That's not possible.Your renewal date is the next day after your expiry date. Everyone's claim ends on a Wednesday and the renewal date is the next day ie. Thursday Feb 16th

Have just double checked letter from FIS office my claim ends on 15th of Feb and renewal form is due in by 12th March

Have just double checked letter from FIS office my claim ends on 15th of Feb and renewal form is due in by 12th March

Your claim finishes on the 15th and DSP are giving you until 12th March to send in your renewal,if you dont have it in by then they will close off your claim and when you do send in the form it would only be awarded from a current date and would be looked at as a first time claim.
    Your last payment was the 9/2/12 and you should receive your payment again in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭assasins creed

just to keep everyone up to date my girlfriends fis renewal started from 17 nov 2011 it came thru this morning so peeps around that time should be any day soon now

On the 24 November as of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭upinthesky

going to apply for fis again as oh is back working can i send of the form with out the employers part filled in and forward it after the 4 weeks?

last time i waited the 4 weeks for the payslips and p60 etc but they never payed for the 4 weeks i was waiting on the stuff only from when they received the application

lisar816 wrote: »
    going to apply for fis again as oh is back working can i send of the form with out the employers part filled in and forward it after the 4 weeks?

last time i waited the 4 weeks for the payslips and p60 etc but they never payed for the 4 weeks i was waiting on the stuff only from when they received the application

They will only pay from the date the application is received in the department.Complete the application without the employers part completed and write a cover note stating you will forward all the information in 4 weeks.
    Make a photocopy of the employer sections so you will have it to get it completed after the 4 weeks.

Thanks for the update :)

On the 24 November as of today.
    what do u mean?did your form came thru and your expiry date was 24th Nov?

what do u mean?did your form came thru and your expiry date was 24th Nov?

Anyone who's expiry date was the 23/11/11,their renewal date is the 24/11/11 and they are processing those claims at the moment.

• Advertisement

Advertisement