Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T4 Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Goldstein wrote: »
    Terminator Salvation, 18:24

Resistance general: "A kill list was intercepted from Skynet. Says everyone in this room will be dead by weeks end. You're number two on the list."
    John Connor: "Well who's number one"?
    Resistance general: "I don't know, a civilian...Kyle, Reese."

Terminator Salvation, 21:44

John Connor: "Kill Kyle Reese...Reset the future...No John Connor."

SPn4g.jpg

Q.E.D.

He's fast isn't he...only took him 3 mins 20 seconds to figure that out :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Saw the TV first of T4 on Ch4 Sat night
    never saw it in the pictures or DVD

What a load of ****e

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Saw the TV first of T4 on Ch4 Sat night
    never saw it in the pictures or DVD

What a load of ****e

Heh, I made the mistake of going to see it in the cinema :o Foolishly, I was led to believe by the marketing that it might deliver what Bay's Transformers films had failed to deliver for me ie satisfying futuristic robots knocking the crap out of each other. Instead I got a badly plotted load of old arsegravy involving Blatantly-A-Terminator-Man and Not-All-That-Clever-For-A-Supposed-Tactical-Genius-Bloke, and the film managed to fumble the job so badly I was rooting for Skynet & the machines by the end.

Watching half of it again on Saturday night just reinforced how bad it was, and it should have been much much better. I bailed out before we got to the terrible CGArnie scenes, though, so at least I spared myself that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

It has to go down as the largest trailer/movie quality disparity in the history of cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 AskJives

The terminator rights got sold after this movie. No longer is McG directing T5 or anything.

Dont know if it flopped or made money (probably made alot of money, still is the terminator) but they dropped the ball with Salvation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

AskJives wrote: »
    The terminator rights got sold after this movie. No longer is McG directing T5 or anything.

Dont know if it flopped or made money (probably made alot of money, still is the terminator) but they dropped the ball with Salvation.

The BoxOffice Mojo says that it made less than half its budget back domestically. If you assume a fortuitous distribution of the nut including overseas screenings, it looks like it almost broke even (before marketing spend). Now, it would've probably sold a fair bit on DVD but I can't imagine it's a profitable perennial seller (I would expect it to be a staple in your "3 for £5" DVD sets you get in the supermarket, rather than a £20 deluxe set).

TBH unless they decide to just ignore 3 & 4 completely, I think any future Terminator film is going to have a hard time working on its own. There's only so far you can get by relying on nostalgia without adding any new things of value. Salvation went way beyond that limit, and has aged very badly for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Yeah, that's one franchise thats disappeared down the pan and I really think the current storyline is gone as far as it can go. There's a real feeling of clutching at straws in the last 2 outings.

To be honest they would be better off rebooting the whole franchise from the start with new characters, storylines and locations.

Get a solid big name replacement for the terminator and they're good to go.

Advertisement