Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight of the Conchords - Olympia, Wed 5th, Thurs 6th May

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Will there be any tickets left when they go officially on sale?

I would hope so. I'm holding off booking until the official sale as I want to get into circle or stalls and there aren't any available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    They used to play here a good bit before they became big. Missed them ever time though even though they were heartily recommended to me by friends. :(

Really? I remember seeing them on the old Phones 4 U advert, so I presumed they played England a few times. I guess they just weren't big enough at the time for me to notice their gigs here

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Ahh.. I don't really have the money, but I just can't not go to this!

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Baza210 wrote: »
    I would hope so. I'm holding off booking until the official sale as I want to get into circle or stalls and there aren't any available now.

Wow, the pre-sales got snapped up that quick ... ? Damn i'll have to wait till Friday and hope for the best ...

This'll be the best motherfluppin' concert ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Really? I remember seeing them on the old Phones 4 U advert, so I presumed they played England a few times. I guess they just weren't big enough at the time for me to notice their gigs here

They played Galway afaik long before they had a TV show (or even a radio show I think).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I see Arj Barker & Kristen Schaal (Mel & Dave) are confirmed as support.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I see Arj Barker & Kristen Schaal (Mel & Dave) are confirmed as support.

Kristen is on most dates and Arj is sole support on the London dates. They aren't both supporting.

Kristen is on most dates and Arj is sole support on the London dates. They aren't both supporting.

Taken from MCD email today....
    New Zealand folk comedy duo Flight of the Conchords will kick off a 15-stop European tour including 2 shows at The Olympia Theatre, Dublin 5th and 6th May 2010.

Comedians Arj Barker & Kristen Schall Confirmed as Special Guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

As a Flight of the Conchords fan, you have access to exclusive pre-sale tickets beginning Thursday, March 4th at 9AM local time.

Why the hell was Ireland the only country where tickets went onsale on the Wednesday?? I was looking yesterday and saw not tickets for sale, try to book them this morning and see that they sold out yesterday...

unklerosco wrote: »
    Why the hell was Ireland the only country where tickets went onsale on the Wednesday?? I was looking yesterday and saw not tickets for sale, try to book them this morning and see that they sold out yesterday...
    Steady on tiger! Presale tickets went on sale yesterday. General sale will happen tomorrow. ;)

• Advertisement

Still don't understand why they went onsale yesterday instead of today... Called in a favor with a mate in ticketmaster and got two there so its all gravy...

Still don't understand why they went onsale yesterday instead of today...
    Because it was a "Fan Presale" i.e. People signed up to their fan club were emailed a code that they could use to get tickets before they went on sale to the general public and possibly sell out before really big fans missed out.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Because it was a "Fan Presale" i.e. People signed up to their fan club were emailed a code that they could use to get tickets before they went on sale to the general public and possibly sell out before really big fans missed out.

But according to the Fan Club the pre-sale was meant to be today??? Hence the reason I came into work early so I could book them online only to find out the pre-sale was yesterday...

But according to the Fan Club the pre-sale was meant to be today??? Hence the reason I came into work early so I could book them online only to find out the pre-sale was yesterday...
    Really?? I didn't see that.

http://flightoftheconchords.co.nz/on-tour/

On top of that page.. Seemingly ticketmaster made a mistake and held the pre-sale on the wrong day... God bless the irish

http://flightoftheconchords.co.nz/on-tour/

On top of that page.. Seemingly ticketmaster made a mistake and held the pre-sale on the wrong day... God bless the irish
    Ahh, I'm on the wrong fanclub so... :ohttp://flightfans.ning.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Argh, didn't get tickets as Ticketmaster held the pre-sale yesterday instead of today, contrary to the email I got from the fan club. Will have to try tomorrow, but I'll probably be stuck at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

God I hope we get these tickets tomorrow my jaw dropped when I saw the full page ad in the Herald, we are soooooo excited!!! Honestly myself and bf couldn't think of gig we were as excited about as this one!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

Wow, seems to be sold out already for me at 9:01am

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Can't get tickets for either night!!! They can't be sold out already, I logged in at just before 9. Argh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sold out instantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Did any tickets actually go on sale this morning?

Either that or they sold out instantly. Know three other people who were trying and none of them got them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

quad_red wrote: »

Either that or they sold out instantly. Know three other people who were trying and none of them got them :(

Yeah I got two for the Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭cson

Well thank **** for that.

Two stalls tix for cson.

I wouldn't be exaggerating when I say I would have paid €100 a ticket to see these guys. I know this will bring the 'you could have them in Ballybogward for €2.27 5 years ago and now they're all mainstream and charging €50 for a ticket' crowd out of the woodwork but **** it.

Delira with me stira at the moment. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

This is such a f**kin balls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

quad_red wrote: »

I was F5ing every two seconds since 8.55 and i got nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I got three for the Wednesday night, so some went on sale.
    Quite how many is the question, I suppose.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

There's a part of me that feels the gigs will be just like the ticketmaster Christmas party...

• Advertisement

Sold out that quick? Wow. Surprised at that.
    Gotta give a big thanks to Scien again so.

Where's the double thanks button?

Advertisement