Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Knocking noise

• 22-12-2005 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I wonder if one of you petrol heads can help me. I have a Carrolla with 114K miles on it and its still going strong (touch wood) but in the last couple of weeks its developed a knocking noise coming from the front left when turning or under acceleration (in particular in third gear for some reason).

As time goes by it seems to be getting worse.
    I have it off he road now until I get it to a Mechanic after Christmas but I'm just wondering if anybody would have any suggestions or ideas as to what it might be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

engine mount, cv joint if more a ticking clicking noise, rubber bushings in front suspension, knackered shock - just a couple of possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

cv joint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

sounds like a cv joint/ball joint issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Thanks folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

A shock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Could be your shock on the way out, or a CV Joint...

Usual suspects with a car that has 110k+ on the clock, no big deal TBH and not too expensive, for either your talking no more than 2 hours labour + the part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

me votes for CV joint or worn trackrod balljoint.

Mike.

Advertisement