Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost 1/2 Garda stations have no Internet.

• 13-02-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭

It has emerged that almost 300 of the country's 703 garda stations have no internet or email access.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0213/garda.html

How many have Broadband?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭bealtine

watty wrote: »

That internet thing will never catch on, says TD

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭beatman91

I saw this on the news a few minutes ago, the garda station in featured might not have broadband but it does have a sky dish on the new garage!!!! They spent €500,000 on a refurbishment of this place, and they couldn't get them broadband!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Did the department say how many have Internet (includes dialup and 3G) or how many have Broadband?

Maybe the situation is worse than suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

honestly i dont see why they should have broadband (plenty of companies have draconian access controls, BUT the fact they arent onthe garda network and that gards have to drive to put case files onto pulse is disgraceful , and i guess no access to internal email either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭bealtine

BUT the fact they arent onthe garda network and that gards have to drive to put case files onto pulse is disgraceful , and i guess no access to internal email either

The government response was hilarious, "sure haven't they got voice communications"

• Advertisement
Advertisement