Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Rifle Builder

• 30-10-2009 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Anyone had a custom hunting rifle built? Am considering having one made in the new year. Any advice as to who is good and, more importantly, who is not would be much appreciated.. Thanks in advance,
    JD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

JDBLASER wrote: »
    Anyone had a custom hunting rifle built? Am considering having one made in the new year. Any advice as to who is good and, more importantly, who is not would be much appreciated.. Thanks in advance,
    JD
    Not built, but under construction as we speak 17 rem on a rem action with a lothar-waltar barrel and a russo stock.
    Fergal white is building it for me. I saw one he had just finished last week on an Accuracy international chassis with a huge stainless barrel, absolutely stunning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Lads do any of you have a Karsten adjustable cheek piece on your rifle. They are easy enough to fit but are the good. Don't have the money at the moment to get a custom job done (yet) so need something to do the job for the moment. Its to go onto a Savage FTR i have on the way.

Or any advice on any alternatives.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

john greene is doing mine. its nearly finished as we speek. ill post pictures when i collect it. his work is beautiful and hes sound to deal with. he's based in kilmacow co. kilkenny and the shop is called southern rifle and optics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭JDBLASER

Yea have been dealing with him recently... For the last 8 months in fact waiting for a stock.......:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

JDBLASER wrote: »
    Yea have been dealing with him recently... For the last 8 months in fact waiting for a stock.......:mad:

Friend of mine was in the same boat :p

Couple of builders in thr UK are quoting 1-2 weeks to build a custom rifle anyone had this kind of service?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Was going to ask about prices on the stocks but 8 MONTHS. No thanks. Too long to wait. Okay if you have the patience or are hugely into your hunting/target work but i'm afraid its too long for me.

Out of curiosity, (pm if you like) what would be the average price to have a cheek raiser and adjustable butt plate put onto a factory rifle.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭thebull09

Got this of guntrader.ie
    Anyhow hope it helps

Title Custom Rifles
    Description Custom rifles built to customers own specifications.Orders now being. Actions from the following manufacturers.
    Surgeon
    Stolle
    Bat
    RPA
    Stiller
    Other action on request
    Private or Gun DealerGun DealerPrice
    Prices vary
    County Westmeath
    Contact Fergal
    Mobile 0863260735

Advertisement