Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭robbiep94

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Feb 29th bitches! :cool:

Liking the attitude:D

Feb 29th bitches! :cool:

You prepared?:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Errrrr not really tbh, I didnt do much over the break since they arent exactly soon but they're not a million miles away either :eek:

Just gonna chip away at it, and of course retreat from social interactions until they're over. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

The 30th of January.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

We have 2 or 3 days of exams before the midterm break and the rest after. Anyone know what date midterm break is? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭lainey108

i think the mocks are only a money making scheme, in my schhol they are more expensive then the actuall leaving cert. its mad like i havent the course completed in any of my subjects. even if things come up in the mocks there is no garantee they will come up in the real thing. the only thing that matters is our practicals,oral and the real thing. i know the mocks are good to give you a feel for the timing and all but like we shouldnt have to pay for something that doesnt even count!!

Errrrr not really tbh, I didnt do much over the break since they arent exactly soon but they're not a million miles away either :eek:

Just gonna chip away at it, and of course retreat from social interactions until they're over. :P

Your the same as myself so:D

13spanner wrote: »
    We have 2 or 3 days of exams before the midterm break and the rest after. Anyone know what date midterm break is? :(

11-19 feb i believe:D

We don't have any course finished or near finished for that matter!. We haven't even started comparing out texts in English! :(

lainey108 wrote: »
    i think the mocks are only a money making scheme, in my schhol they are more expensive then the actuall leaving cert. its mad like i havent the course completed in any of my subjects. even if things come up in the mocks there is no garantee they will come up in the real thing. the only thing that matters is our practicals,oral and the real thing. i know the mocks are good to give you a feel for the timing and all but like we shouldnt have to pay for something that doesnt even count!!

Couldn't agree with you more;)

• Advertisement

We don't have any course finished or near finished for that matter!. We haven't even started comparing out texts in English! :(

Everyone's the same:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Have you guys got your poetry and language studies done? I thought we were far behind :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

robbiep94 wrote: »
    Ah fúck it, early enough so.

Gettin HL Irish grinds so the mammy expects big things... good thing she likes surprises :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Title should be changed to pres tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Samesies. Least we'll have them out of the way when all these end-of-February people start freaking out >.>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,087 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

M&S* wrote: »
    Title should be changed to pres tbh!

Why?
    Not everyone calls them that. In fact, I had never heard the term until I came to boards. Even the exam companies that supply the papers call them mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

spurious wrote: »
    Why?
    Not everyone calls them that. In fact, I had never heard the term until I came to boards. Even the exam companies that supply the papers call them mocks.

Everyone at my school calls them pres too. I didn't here of mocks until boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Why?

I'm assuming it was a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Mines starting just after mid-term break :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Why?
    As Namlub said it was only a joke really. Most schools around here call them pres from talking to people but I've no problem with the title!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

The 30th of January.. :(
    Same... </3
    Everyone's the same:rolleyes:
    We've finished the Biology and Business courses. Not too far off finishing English or French, we should have Chemistry and Irish done a bit before Easter and I don't even know with maths tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

We've one class a week for Hamlet and are only starting essays next week.. Eep. Also haven't done any proper written work in German, or prose or An Triail in Irish. And they start on the 9th.. Yeah good luck with that, teachers

What are your pre timetables like? Mirroring the real thing or..? Not getting mine until like, 2 days before they start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 xamox

anyone willing to give information about mock exams, either the actual paper or teachers predictions. :)
    English [H]
    Maths [O]
    French [O]
    Chemistry [H]
    Biology [H]
    Business [H]
    Geography [H]

Leaving Cert Please
    Goodluck with your exams guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

We do examcraft mocks and teacher gave us the DEB sample mock, and i'm pretty sure the same is the same as the real one.

SQ's-
    3 features of a partnership, conciliation and arbitration, form p45 and p60, benefits of EDI, match up box(easy), intrapeneurship, indigenous firm and benefits, insurance calculation.

ABQ-
    TQM, Marketing mix, sources of finance.

and cant be bothered doing the long questions :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

Which one is the DEB mock paper?

Also anyone know whats on the DEB english papers?

So this thread is kinda dead, so how many of ye have actually done your mocks?. What were they like in terms of difficulty, (not looking for hints or anything Mods just general discussion like! ;)

Were they as hard/easier than you thought etc?

Haven't done them yet, but my biology teacher told us ours is brutal. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Haven't done them yet, but my biology teacher told us ours is brutal. :(

brutal as in hard ya? examcraft of deb?

• Advertisement

brutal as in hard ya? examcraft of deb?

Yup.
    No idea, she won't tell. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement