Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

RoverJames wrote: »
    Have you sat in a mark 1 Focus Confab? They are a fairly love them or hate them interior :)

I sat in his Corsa, a Focus is Paradise in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Yeah, there not bad cars: I'm on my second one now :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Confab wrote: »
    True, I have an Opel and hate it. Not a chance of me buying an Astra.

Keep an eye on the bangernomics thread for a clean Alfa 156 with NCT. Going for very little these days but try find a 1.6TS. Lovely motors and I don't think you would regret it once you drive one really. Huge amount of car for pennies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

oh i want this! http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2697164

Full?id=8631377

id put my alloys on it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Considering new ones were going for less than twice that and couldnt sell I'd take that price with a pinch of salt. Nice car though.

• Advertisement

its the cheapest ive seen. they do good enough mpg too. any chance of me being able to afford one next year....maybe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

EPM wrote: »
    Considering new ones were going for less than twice that and couldnt sell I'd take that price with a pinch of salt. Nice car though.

What's the story behind your avatar?

This thread needs a cool title

Gary ITR wrote: »
    What's the story behind your avatar?

This thread needs a cool title

Found an old box set. Forgot how funny that show was...

I can think of one or two but see how things develop on the name.

Fiats r Cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Excellent let the Boards 1.2 8V FIRE engine appreciation begin now!

What was the reason the gaskets went in the first place? Something to do with airlocks? And are the 8v or 16v's the bad ones?

• Advertisement

Thread title changed. It's the only thing that's stood out in the last few pages. Bar Ardennes Astra love...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Thread title changed. It's the only thing that's stood out in the last few pages. Bar Ardennes Astra love...

Nice Avatar. If that's you then you may wanna cut down on the pies or you'll have to get that Octy remapped ! :D

Please dont ban me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I mainly just wanted to give you thanks for that new Avi.

Costanza is a legend. :D

Ah leave George alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Ford's are over-rated shítboxes!!

I feel better now!
    And I should have bought that Bravo HGT that I saw 3 years ago with 1 owner, 48k miles and full Fiat service history in the UK for ST£850 asking... because nobody knows how cool they really are.
    Also the 205 GTi isn't the best Peugeot hot hatch, the 306 GTi-6 Rallye is.
    There... I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

oh i want this! http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2697164

Full?id=8631377

id put my alloys on it though

I have a funny feeling that I have seen that car on here before becaus eI think I remember commenting about the low price and the high reg number... Nice car though except the interior..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Ford's are over-rated shítboxes!!

I feel better now!
    And I should have bought that Bravo HGT that I saw 3 years ago with 1 owner, 48k miles and full Fiat service history in the UK for ST£850 asking... because nobody knows how cool they really are.
    Also the 205 GTi isn't the best Peugeot hot hatch, the 306 GTi-6 Rallye is.
    There... I said it.

Renault / Citroën / FIAT are over rated sh1tboxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Time to get this thread on the road to ruin............Octavias are **** boxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

And focuses are over rated at best....

*shakes fist*
    Time to get this thread on the road to ruin............Octavias are **** boxes!

Nah, they're good ok really boring cars really. Can't fault their reliability though.

• Advertisement

*shakes fist*

Nah, they're good ok really boring cars really. Can't fault their reliability though.

I disagree. My reliability has been rubbish tbh.

Also, they are surprisingly good to drive in the right spec for what they are. And I'll stand over that despite the p1ss take. I didn't even have one on the radar when I was looking.

I disagree. My reliability has been rubbish tbh.

Also, they are surprisingly good to drive in the right spec for what they are. And I'll stand over that despite the p1ss take. I didn't even have one on the radar when I was looking.

By 'right spec' you mean vRS, right? :D

Also, Wheeler dealers revisited on discovery RT+ 1 now.

By 'right spec' you mean vRS, right? :D

Yes, the non-vrs models are very soft. There's a sport pack available which is better apparently.

Also, Wheeler dealers revisited on discovery RT+ 1 now.

Alfa Spyder too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Clearly the only Skoda to buy is a Roomster because of what it says about the driver - keep well clear of me, my eyesight is so bad I can't even see that the front and rear doors are completely mismatched. Clearly the car to drive if you want a clear road to yourself.

Onto the intro/history part, name's Marcus (hardly a surprise). History is bizarre, learned how to drive 4 years ago at 35. Cars so far: Vauxhall Signum 1.9 cdti (8v) then 6 months later added a Mini Clubman Cooper S and in July gone past, swapped the Signum for a RR Supercharged 4.2 V8. Clearly I'm having a midlife crisis but at least my cars are going in the right direction.

(Just joking about the Skodas, I'd seriously consider a Superb for the legroom.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Hi my name is Gus and I just bought this.

I'm very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Extra hot tobasco sauce is not to be used like Ketchup

My head, throat and stomach all BURN.

Still it makes me wonder would it be good for a few extra BHP if I put it in the diesel tank

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Extra hot tobasco sauce is not to be used like Ketchup

My head, throat and stomach all BURN.

Still it makes me wonder would it be good for a few extra BHP if I put it in the diesel tank

With your luck at the moment I'd have to say no...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Tobasco sauce & Lee and Perrins mixed with Tomato juice.. Now why do I get flashbacks of Sunday Mornings with that landed in front of me in my local :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement