Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Haha I cant even read it properly :p

Ha yeah I love it. For every Theist on the planet I wish there were two people like Dusty www.cultofdusty.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/25-idiots-that-blamed-hurricane-irene-on-gay-marri

Seriously, they're blaming Hurricane Irene on gay marriage in NYC.

TBH though most of the comments aren't English, I'm pretty sure. Especially no 9.

Some of those are hillariously funny, albeit unintnentionally! I'm surprised though that they could only find 25 Americans to quote.... I see it as a good sign :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

had a run yesterday and felt like a fat man after running a marathon - screw you period

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

had a run yesterday and felt like a fat man after running a marathon - screw you period

EVENING PRIMROSE OIL

Need I say more?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Had a radox bath after a marathon. Thought I'd have problems getting back out of it again :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Had a good long cry to my flatmate this evening. My heart's been broken, things didn't work out for me (again). Feeling woeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

got strange urge to leave work early so I could go see my mother. I don't know why, I don't get the urge to see her often but I speed walked the 5k in new shoes and now my baby toe is squished like a marshmallow.

(hugs fillefatale)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

Poor Fille :( *hugs*

Also that's lovely that you wanted to see your mother :) I want to see mine because she's in Spain but when she's home I hardly ever see her even though she lives 15 mins walk away.

HELLO EVERYONE.

I have returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hugs, Fille.

I'm going to see my best friend and my godson tomorrow- he's just gone 5 and I haven't seen him in a year! Can't wait, he's seriously cool little dude. :cool::cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Hugs, Fille.

I'm going to see my best friend and my godson tomorrow- he's just gone 5 and I haven't seen him in a year! Can't wait, he's seriously cool little dude. :cool::cool::cool:
    Hugs for fille

Aww- my own godson is just over 1 - they live in the uk. Keep saying they must organise the christening and I'm keeping money aside for the trip - every month it's "next month" or so. Thus I've only seen him once at Xmas. Mad.

I feel I should be making more of an effort to visit but when they keep arsing around over the christening I keep thinking I'll need the money soon so I'd better stay put.
    He'll be old enough to tell the priest to f"ck off by the time they get around to it. Lol.

• Advertisement

Kanoe wrote: »
    got strange urge to leave work early so I could go see my mother. I don't know why, I don't get the urge to see her often but I speed walked the 5k in new shoes and now my baby toe is squished like a marshmallow.

I thought you said you walked in 5 inch heels for a second I was about to get you a trophy welded

closest thing to heels I've worn in a while are my nike airs, they make me at least an inch and a half taller :) I missed those comfy air filled soles yesterday though but the poor things are battered and holey so I replaced them with a pair of dc's... not good at all, skate shoes are not good for walking in :( I'll have to get a skateboard. (or possibly a scooter but then I'll miss walking)

why not get a bog standard bicycle:p;)

why does nowhere need EMT's anywhere :(

I've never liked cycling, seems like too much effort and I'm lazy but I do like to walk..or stroll most of the time :o

Maybe broaden the search area? I'm sure a lot of it has to do with cutbacks though :( hope you find something soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

why does nowhere need EMT's anywhere :(

Always need more, yet always under-appreciate their usefulness, more like.

Just tried most hospitals in the south since I moves back home after completing the course seems as though if one needs a job one must not consider a career in healthcare. The gf is a caring assistant and can't get a job either

I know it might sound like a stupid question but could you go down an alternate route and do nursing or nurses aide? They were calling out for nurses in nursing homes in the papers all week, telling would be nursing stuents not to emigrate in order to find work that there was plenty for them here.

(or..going to throw it out there for consideration, back in the day ..when the economy could support it I remember a friend of mine left his position on the factory floor as health and safety officer to set up his own business providing health and safety training programmes for other employers. I only say this because I have to do two of these courses next week. Clever guy and he did well out of it too. )

I'm sorry I'm not from Dublin plenty of work up there for healthcare professionals , thank you for the suggestion though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Just tried most hospitals in the south since I moves back home after completing the course seems as though if one needs a job one must not consider a career in healthcare. The gf is a caring assistant and can't get a job either

I don't think healthcare is unique though.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Plenty of jobs for accountants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Plenty need for healthcare folks. Problem is there's need and what you get :/ cutbacks and recruitment embargos :(

Not being smart or anything. I genuinely see how badly more healthcare professionals are needed

Aishae wrote: »
    Plenty need for healthcare folks. Problem is there's need and what you get :/ cutbacks and recruitment embargos :(

Not being smart or anything. I genuinely see how badly more healthcare professionals are needed

I know your not being smart I do understand you though ,
    My local hospital don't have many emts at all but they are badly needed

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Not really - some but it's limited.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Not really - some but it's limited.

Some is better than none at all isn't it ?!

was reading in the indo earlier that there were 35 carer jobs being created Dub southside at holysomething or other. Don't normally read the indo it just happened to be sitting there on the table and I'm even worse for remembering names, but it's on page 2 or 4 in the left hand margin somewhere near the front :o

Kanoe wrote: »
    35 carer jobs being created Dub southside at holysomething or other.

I choked on my Tea :)

Carers have to change bottoms that is totally off -putting in my case anyway

The U.K is great for hiring EMT's but the pay there isnt great

I know I used to have to do that :) but the other half might be interested. Think there's a forum here for emergency service personel you might check it out.

my other half would be keen if she didnt have a few hours drive to get to south dublin every morning.

how do you change other peoples bums ....I'd understand if they were your children like but non relatives would freak me out

• Advertisement

I worked mostly with mental disabilities in kids so it really didn't bother me so much. wouldn't do it now though. I did work for a bit with adults with disabilities and it was a different storey altogether. :(

Advertisement