Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due June 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thanks for the advice Rachineire - always appreciated :)

I'm really bloated today so look like I'm 6 months gone instead of 6 weeks - have a weird ginormous bump!!

So exhausted today as well so decided to have a day at home tomorrow and take a sick day. We were away for the weekend so feel like I need to do some serious sleeping and resting. I'm a sleepy person at the best of times and I just feel out of it today. I'm really emotional too and I'm getting upset and teary really easily which isn't exactly proffesional. My manager probably hasn't a clue what's wrong with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 babyonboard

Hi again everyone.
    Aw thanks a mill for that info rachineire. Tis great to hear from someone whose attending the same hospital. I really can't wait now for my appointment. Oh ill definitely bring a box of tissues. Sometimes i just think about having the first scan and i picture them telling us that everythings going well and i tear up so if that actually does happen im sure I'll be a blabbering mess! Even hubby might need a tissue others two. He acts all hard and macho but i know he'll b fit to bawl if they tell us every thing is going well. I just pray to god that everything will be ok. Tis so worrying. 3 weeks to wait.. Aggghhhh!!! Oh i think I'll definitely have to get the private scan done too. Ill never manage going from 12 wks to 31 wks without a scan. Where did you get the 3d private scan done? That sounds amazing!!
    Murdywurdy - i totally know what you mean about being bloated. Im 9 wks tomorrow and the bloatedness has kind of calmed down a bit in the last few days but oh my god all along i was thinking.....oh dear god what the hell is going on....i was very paranoid about people noticing my big belly. I still haven't fully deflated but its alot better than it was thank god.
    Lainycool - im also suffering with ms. Its awful isn't it. I've had it a few wks now. Praying like a mad woman that it'll all be gone by wk 12. Im holding out alot of hopes for wk 12!! Apparently by then we'll all be feeling wonderful and glowing. At the moment im a scary pasty colour, im sick all the time and im practically sleeping standing up despite being in bed every night by 9!!!! The whole 12 wk thing is kinda the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. Plus what's the deal with the crazy up and down emotions....im like some crazed weepy mad woman. Its all very stressful and embarrassing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi guys, I just saw some of yee were talking about being bloated. Holy cow- I'm massive!!! My tummy looks like I'm waaaaaaaay further along. It must be just bloated. I'd swear I saw some of my work colleagues staring at my tummy today. I'm supposed to have a work night out this week and I'm dreading it. I normally would have been the first out and last home!!! Yikesers!

DoubleB wrote: »
    Hi guys, I just saw some of yee were talking about being bloated. Holy cow- I'm massive!!! My tummy looks like I'm waaaaaaaay further along. It must be just bloated. I'd swear I saw some of my work colleagues staring at my tummy today. I'm supposed to have a work night out this week and I'm dreading it. I normally would have been the first out and last home!!! Yikesers!

Glad it's not just me!! I feel massive as well - like a big fatty fatty fat fat :)

Can you get out of the work night, do you think? Make up a prior engagement? I'm avoiding big group things because of the not drinking, but also because I'm just too tired for big nights.

babyonboard - I'm like a mad woman too. Teary one moment and happy and positive the next. It's horrible! Especially at first when I didn't make the connection that it was mood swings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Babyonboard, sent you a pm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 JustPassinThru

Hi all!

Just popping in to see how everyone is doing....I am so glad to see that I am not alone with my mood swings!! I also have incredibly sore breasts, some tummy pains (very mild period-like cramps), am incredibly tired and have a headache! I am just five weeks today so am telling myself I could be imagining some of them :)

I assume that I will be going to CUH - on their website it says that the first scan is 12 - 14 weeks, but I may have to go in sooner to ensure that all is ok early on because of my miscarriage last year. I still haven't picked a new doctor so I might just ring the hospital and see what they say. It is very early to be mentioning anything to work about it so I may have to pretend to be sick that day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Just found out last night :D

Im guessing im 5 weeks gone.... Came off the pill in August to TTC and only got got my period for 1 day so i thought I would be waiting a few months so imagine my surprise when I did the test.... Partner still in shock!

I am VERY scared but very excited :) i rang my doctor today but shes away until next week so I have an appointment for next Wednesday.... I wont go to anyone else!!!

So wooooohooo :rolleyes:

Just found out last night :D

Im guessing im 5 weeks gone.... Came off the pill in August to TTC and only got got my period for 1 day so i thought I would be waiting a few months so imagine my surprise when I did the test.... Partner still in shock!

I am VERY scared but very excited :) i rang my doctor today but shes away until next week so I have an appointment for next Wednesday.... I wont go to anyone else!!!

So wooooohooo :rolleyes:

Congratulations - you must be thrilled. Great that it happened so quick for you. :)

Feel awful today - just generally really ill. I'm at home and just can't get out of bed, not even to get myself something to eat. Bleurgh. :(

Thanks Murdywurdy :D hope your feeling better today!!

Yeah I am thrilled.... Im trying not to get excited until after I see the doctor but its so hard!

Partners been great doing everything, so will get use to that!

Just at the minute, im getting small bouts of nausea and very tired... Hopefully it will pass soon :)

Thanks Murdywurdy :D hope your feeling better today!!

Yeah I am thrilled.... Im trying not to get excited until after I see the doctor but its so hard!

Partners been great doing everything, so will get use to that!

Just at the minute, im getting small bouts of nausea and very tired... Hopefully it will pass soon :)

yep, fingers crossed you won't be too bad and good luck at the GP! mine just took my word for it that I was preggers and gave me a refferal letter. He didn't do much for his 50 quid!

I told someone at work today about the baby, there's a girl that covers for me if I'm sick or have to leave early and I felt like she must think I'm a slacker - I've only been in the job 2 months. I told her so she'd have a heads up and she was so good, said to leave whenever I needed and to divert my phone to her, i didn't need to ask. I told her it was really early days and she said she wouldn't tell anyone else. I feel better now :) Can't wait to be able to tell everyone else though!

Also, for those ladies suffering with the dolly parton boobs. I went to m and s last night (the staff were so helpful) and bought maternity bras and crop top things to sleep in. It made such a difference last night and I'm wearing the crop top instead of a bra today too. It's so much more comfortable. It's made things a lot easier.

• Advertisement

After thinking I might get away with it my nausea is kicking in with a vengeance. Urgh! :(

Still, at least I know it means everything is probably ok so far!!

How's everyone else feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    After thinking I might get away with it my nausea is kicking in with a vengeance. Urgh! :(

Still, at least I know it means everything is probably ok so far!!

How's everyone else feeling?

Hopefully your nausea won't last too long MurdyWurdy!

I have been feeling sick on and off since Saturday, I had been wanting to feel sick to feel everything was normal!
    I find my appetite is all over the place i like to just nibble these days and im a gal that likes her food!
    Yesterday I was an emotional mess crying at the drop of a hat but my oh was brilliant when he came in from work making a fuss of me! I feel great today lol

My scan is this day 3 weeks.....So excited!!! 

lainycool wrote: »
    Hopefully your nausea won't last too long MurdyWurdy!

I have been feeling sick on and off since Saturday, I had been wanting to feel sick to feel everything was normal!
    I find my appetite is all over the place i like to just nibble these days and im a gal that likes her food!
    Yesterday I was an emotional mess crying at the drop of a hat but my oh was brilliant when he came in from work making a fuss of me! I feel great today lol

My scan is this day 3 weeks.....So excited!!!

only 3 weeks - hope that goes really quickly for you! so exciting :)

My appetite is crazy as well, nauseous one minute and starving the next, but then I start to eat and can only manage a few bites. I also like my grub so it's weird! I've done no cooking so hubby is looking after himself and feeding me as well. I've been living on pasta, bread, cheese and crackers. It's all my stomach wants!

Glad you're feeling good today - I'm dying for the long weekend and three days off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yay, joining this thread. :)
    Scan scheduled, bloods done, will probably be a bit early due to my crazy cycles, which I think had me ovulating at day 45 this time. LMP has me due in May, but I am guessing scan will plonk me in June.

Struggling with the strong sense of smell and changing the nappies on the small girl. Nearly threw up on top of her yesterday. Managed to aim into the nappy bin. Gross sorry! Poor child. Daddy doing dirty nappies from now on for defo.

I switched from the folic acid to the pregnacare vitamins, and am finding them heavy going on the digestion with the extra iron. Might do alternate days on the pregnacare/folic acid for now. Are there any other prenatal vits that you are taking?

Tiredness is ok so far. I am taking a 30 min nap when I get home from work, and then I am ok for the evenings again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats pwurple, just saw your name popping up here! Those first few weeks are tough going with a little one to look after as well. Definitely rest and nap when you can.

Welcome pwurple and big congrats. Hows everybody doing today? I have my scan on Wednesday- I'll be 7 and half wks preg at that stage! I wonder will it be internal. Really don't want it to be! Am very excited but extremely nervous. I'm feelin really strange the last few days. The only way I can describe it is waves of sickness but not really bad just not pleasant. Haven't actually gotten sick at all but just don't feel right. My mood swings are the worst. Poor hubby!!! Sense of smell is so strong too. My poor dogs stink even thou we bathed them a few days ago!! Is anyone else worrying about things like doing up rooms in your house etc.... I'm obsessed with it. Nesting already?! I've given my poor hubby a list of things to get done today. Also last thing and this is prob TMI but are any of u having funny discharge? So glad this is anonymous!

Congrats pwurple!!

Scan on Wednesday - so exciting for you!! I'm doing ok today, still very nauseous but no puking yet. I told my aunt about the pregnancy yesterday (she was ridiculously excited!). She said she was very ill from week 8 until 14 so I'm hoping next week when I hit week 8 I don't become a pukey mcpukerson!

I hear you on the moodyness! I feel bad for my husband. I cried the other day because I picked him up from work and he was 5 minutes late leaving and I got all stressed out pulled in and being in the way of other cars. He was so good to me about it too!

Haven't really noticed any discharge but according to one of my books, it's completely normal. There's all sorts of things going on in there so it's expected!

Congrats pwurple!!

Scan on Wednesday - so exciting for you!! I'm doing ok today, still very nauseous but no puking yet. I told my aunt about the pregnancy yesterday (she was ridiculously excited!). She said she was very ill from week 8 until 14 so I'm hoping next week when I hit week 8 I don't become a pukey mcpukerson!

I hear you on the moodyness! I feel bad for my husband. I cried the other day because I picked him up from work and he was 5 minutes late leaving and I got all stressed out pulled in and being in the way of other cars. He was so good to me about it too!

Haven't really noticed any discharge but according to one of my books, it's completely normal. There's all sorts of things going on in there so it's expected!

Hey everyone....

Getting small bouts of nausea... Once i eat im fine again... Still havnt vomited yet though... Dreading that :( ...

Im very tired, been sleeping through the night and then i go for a nap around 4 everyday.. Up in time to cook the dinner for OH... Least i can do he is just brilliant!!

Have dinner later with the OH family so hopefully we can stay quiet. We are just dying to tell people but agreed once its confirmed by the doctor we are saying nothing..

I have a feeling my mam knows but is saying nothing!!

How is everyone??

I find eating helps with the nausea too - it's just bizarre, isn't it?

I came in here for a moan, I just feel so rotten. I feel like I'm constantly hungover - you know that crap feeling you get when you're knackered and low and really nauseous and you know that until you go to bed that night and get up the next day you won't feel right? Except when I get up the next day it's the same and you don't get the fun of going out on the tiles! I know it's worth it and everyone feels the same but I'm not enjoying it!

MurdyWurdy , you described exactly how I'm feeling! I just keep having waves of nausea but no vomitting. I have literally just lounged on the sofa all day long today. I'm not kidding when I say none of my jeans fit me. I'm going to be the size of a hippo!!
    I've been nibbling on cashew nuts in between meals and drinking lots of water. It has really helped me, might be worth a try? X factor now so I'm gunna just pig out n watch that. Really hope you feel bit better. It's such a horrible feeling but it'll all be worth it. Wow it's all so amazing and weird isn't it?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I came in here for a moan, I just feel so rotten. I feel like I'm constantly hungover - you know that crap feeling you get when you're knackered and low and really nauseous and you know that until you go to bed that night and get up the next day you won't feel right? Except when I get up the next day it's the same and you don't get the fun of going out on the tiles! I know it's worth it and everyone feels the same but I'm not enjoying it!

That's exactly how I'd describe it. Like an everlasting hangover, except you know it will be the same the next day. Like a groundhog day hangover! Having some really bad days where it gets me down, then a couple of not so bad (but still sick) days mixed in. I find as well the tiredness isn't that bad during the week but it's like I'm holding myself together to get through the week, and at the weekend I crumple a bit.

Really hope everyone feels better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

DoubleB wrote: »
    Welcome pwurple and big congrats. Hows everybody doing today? I have my scan on Wednesday- I'll be 7 and half wks preg at that stage! I wonder will it be internal. Really don't want it to be! Am very excited but extremely nervous. !

Brill to be getting a scan so early. honestly, the wand is much easier than lying there with the full bladder and them pressing down really hard on you to try to get an image with the external roller. You can have an empty bladder for the wand and there is no pain. With the external so early you get the full weight of a scan person on your pelvis when you really want to pee, it hurts! It is far clearer than the external too. You can see ovaries and everything. It's pretty cool.

We told families today, makes it much easier, as I think the in-laws would have been wondering why I kept yawning so much and picking at food. Keeping up the small snacks is the way to go with the nausea alright. Box of water biscuits is my new best friend.

Yes... i feel constantly hungover... Its horrible...

Very hard last night when i was with friends and they were downing the vodka.... Ive had a stressful week anyway so i used that as an excuse not to drink...

We called into friends after dinner I was up and down like a yoyo going to the loo, i would love what they were thinking!!

Just after tucking into a pack of crackers... Going down nicely i must say with an ice cold bottle of water :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Yes... i feel constantly hungover... Its horrible...

Very hard last night when i was with friends and they were downing the vodka.... Ive had a stressful week anyway so i used that as an excuse not to drink...

We called into friends after dinner I was up and down like a yoyo going to the loo, i would love what they were thinking!!

Just after tucking into a pack of crackers... Going down nicely i must say with an ice cold bottle of water :)

Seems like the feeling yucky is catching!! Ugh, it's rotten. I've been feeling much better the past 2/3 day but am nearly afraid to say it incase it all starts up again. Prior to that I had about 3 weeks of nausea, vomiting, heartburn, indigestion. All day nausea, vomiting after eating anything, brushing teeth, any smells...Running to the toilet at work isn't a bit obvious!! And I feel enormous. Not loving that. Don't know what to wear :(

But managed a lovely walk yesterday and a short jog today and zero vomiting so hoping this continues. Saying that, I burst into tears earlier for absolutely no reason. My OH must think I've turned into a total weirdo!! :o My parents and OH's family know so that does help. Mum's been cooking me a few meals as I can't face it and any strong smells just make me ill. Roll on 12 weeks :) Hope everyone starts to feel better soon.

Blueskye wrote: »

Seems like the feeling yucky is catching!! Ugh, it's rotten. I've been feeling much better the past 2/3 day but am nearly afraid to say it incase it all starts up again. Prior to that I had about 3 weeks of nausea, vomiting, heartburn, indigestion. All day nausea, vomiting after eating anything, brushing teeth, any smells...Running to the toilet at work isn't a bit obvious!! And I feel enormous. Not loving that. Don't know what to wear :(

But managed a lovely walk yesterday and a short jog today and zero vomiting so hoping this continues. Saying that, I burst into tears earlier for absolutely no reason. My OH must think I've turned into a total weirdo!! :o My parents and OH's family know so that does help. Mum's been cooking me a few meals as I can't face it and any strong smells just make me ill. Roll on 12 weeks :) Hope everyone starts to feel better soon.

Your really going through the mill you poor thing xx hopefully it will pass soon xx

Really feel like ive been on the vodka last night!! Im awake all night between going to the loo and coughing. Have no intention of going anywhere today. I do feel bad as theres a pile of washing to be done and i just dont have the energy!!

Hope everybody will feel better soon xx

It's so nice to have people that understand! I've just lain on the couch feeling like crap all weekend. Starting vomiting as well as just feeling nauseous. I agree that I'm holding it together during the week and then at the weekend it all hits me and I sleep for Ireland! I've found cashew nuts and water good as well. I have a supply at work. Also, those Belvita breakfast biscuits have been great as well.

Husband is cleaning the house today, he's so good. I've been lying here directing him. He did a great job on the bathroom - I may have to make that a regular duty :D The smell of the lemon bathroom cleaner did not agree with me at all!

Hope everyone feels better soon!

Hi guys, how are you all doing now? Murdy Wurdy I've spent the day on the sofa too. You poor thing, hope u feel better soon. This is day two now of lying on the sofa. I havent been vomitting but just feel completely whacked and have waves of sickness. Feel like I've completely wasted the long wkend!! So glad I can have my moans on here cuz I'm sure my poor hubby is sick of listening to it thou he doesn't complain!! He is also on cleaning duty today. He's doing a great job. Has anyone else found that your tummy looks very rounded? I look about five months preg already. I can't get over it!!!

I thought i was imagining it but Im glad you mentioned it... Its like the end if my stomach is round and coming out. Oh says he hasnt noticed any change in my body other than my breasts but theres a big change!

Spent most of this evening on the couch and have just ordered pizza...
    I feel now though itl come and I wont eat it

Crackers are still working a treat though :)

I had to stop mid-chew last night because I could feel my dinner coming back up. Urgh - never had that before and I probably could have done without it! Hope you managed to eat some pizza :)

My tummy is very rounded too but I'm fairly sure it's a poo/bloat baby. Progesterone slows your bowels down loads so apparently things hang around in your small bowel for ages making you look like you're five months gone! For me. I'm failry sure that's what is is (plus general bloating) but it's nice to see what I'll look like a bit further along.

• Advertisement

I had to stop mid-chew last night because I could feel my dinner coming back up. Urgh - never had that before and I probably could have done without it! Hope you managed to eat some pizza :)

My tummy is very rounded too but I'm fairly sure it's a poo/bloat baby. Progesterone slows your bowels down loads so apparently things hang around in your small bowel for ages making you look like you're five months gone! For me. I'm failry sure that's what is is (plus general bloating) but it's nice to see what I'll look like a bit further along.

Im glad you said that.... I have constipation and thought I was imagining it!

Pizza was yum... Ate more than i thought i would.... My human hoover finished the rest :)

Getting very antzy about the doctors tomorrow, wish it would hurry up already!!!

Should i bring a urine sample with me??

Advertisement