Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon black Friday week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Will amazon uk have cyber Monday deals today?
    I cannot see no cyber deals on amazon ?

There are deals they're just not very good and not very cyber. :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/deals-offers-savings/b/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27?ie=UTF8&node=350613011

It's kind of strange really, Amazon.de don't seem to have any cyber monday deals either despite the fact that they had a banner on the homepage counting down to it the whole of last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've been keeping an eye on Amazon most of last week and maybe it's me but their "deals" weren't particularly great for the most part I thought, and anything that might have been of interest sold out so fast as to be pointless.

January sale next I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 nero123

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I've been keeping an eye on Amazon most of last week and maybe it's me but their "deals" weren't particularly great for the most part I thought, and anything that might have been of interest sold out so fast as to be pointless.

January sale next I guess.

Found it was the exact same.. I felt I was trampled on by a virtual queue for anything good that came up!!..waste of time:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I had a couple of things I was looking for come up and I got maybe 20% off. Which isn't earth shattering but I was going to buy them> very anyway. Nothing so cheap I couldn't say no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

got stuff earlier in the week but saw that some prices went up not long before the sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Was going to post about amazon Germany, but here is a list of a lot of stores/sites partaking in cyber monday - http://www.cybermonday.de/

Unfortunately feck all links.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i think it was important to check camelcamelcamel.com because you need to see what exactly is a good bargain on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

TheDriver wrote: »
    i think it was important to check camelcamelcamel.com because you need to see what exactly is a good bargain on amazon

Very handy site, as you can set it for email reminders if the price changes, although Amazon's Wishlist sometimes tells me on the way to the checkout also if the price increases/decreases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

i got everything that i tried to get....didnt get let down once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Got an email this morning to say that none of my items could be delivered. This is the same address I use all the time for amazon. Anybody else have the same problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

I have got everything so far, I was out of work sick yesterday, came in this morning and there was 10 packages there for me including the TV from Amazon Germany :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

tony1980 wrote: »
    I have got everything so far, I was out of work sick yesterday, came in this morning and there was 10 packages there for me including the TV from Amazon Germany :D

that the buggering LG one I missed out on and am still annoyed about ?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

The feckers still havn't even shipped mine :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I got an unexpected mail from them yesterday giving me a goodwill refund on a netgear wifi repeater because they felt they could have offered a better price! €5 back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

My TV is being "transported to the delivery depot" since 2:50pm yesterday. Hoping it gets to me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Still haven't received my gopro, account says dispatch process started. Was on to support, want to get annoyed but remembering this
    http://www.channel4.com/news/anger-at-amazon-working-conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

shipping is very bad. they seem to be using fastway couriers now too instead of an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

deegs wrote: »
    Still haven't received my gopro, account says dispatch process started. Was on to support, want to get annoyed but remembering this
    http://www.channel4.com/news/anger-at-amazon-working-conditions

Mine arrived today. Ordered on Tuesday the 26th. So took 9 days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yeah, delivery is slow at the minute, my multi orders are taking around 7-9days to deliver when at normal times I'd expect 2-4days.

I received 3 books I ordered within about 3 days, came via An Post. These weren't part of the Black Friday deals but it seems delivery a bit hit and miss at the moment. Not too surprising when Monday was busiest day of the year for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i made two separate orders,

1: 27th November - Dispatched Due today - just arrived with An Post, its all books though, i have more books arriving on monday so i'll update then with which courier.

2: 30th November - Dispatched due monday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Some stuff I ordered took longer than usual, others super quick. I guess they are getting hammered at this time of year. Stupid amount of orders per second.

I'd love to see the stats! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Every thing I ordered more than 5 days ago has arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

jmch81 wrote: »
    Mine arrived today. Ordered on Tuesday the 26th. So took 9 days.
    Yep I ordered Friday.
    Was hoping it was outta stock and I'd get a black+
    But alas no, shipping today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

mcg1987 wrote: »
    that the buggering LG one I missed out on and am still annoyed about ?? :p

That's the one :D

jid3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

tony1980 wrote: »
    That's the one :D

bolocks ye ! hope it's as good as it looked!

mcg1987 wrote: »
    bolocks ye ! hope it's as good as it looked!

I would like to second this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Are Amazon not using An Post?

• Advertisement

Are Amazon not using An Post?

I got Books delivered by An Post so still using them. Maybe not for all orders.

Advertisement