Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eircom Netopia 2247NWG - Password

• 12-07-2007 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi
    I am experimenting with a Moodle Server. Have it working on Intranet and now trying to use IP Passthrough to expose it to the Internet

I'm prompted for Netopia-2000 Password.

I've tried Username admin with all the usual;
    The Router's Serial Number
    Blank (no password)

I know it's not the BB password (eircom, broadband1)

Any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Hey i know a bit about the netopia 2247nwg. Cojnnect to the netopia page...in your browser 192.168.1.254. go to expert mode. then select remote access, insert a password and enable it. If its an issue with getting the rouyter page open if you reset the router 10 times in a row it will do a factory reset. this will wipe any passwords or wireless config etc made to the netopia.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mattroyol

Thanks for your reply - However what you describes doesn't set the 'real' Admin password.

I used Telnet to set the Admin password to 1234
    By default password was not set

However this did not actually solve my overall problem. Yes, when I now enter the Username and password at the prompt they are accepted. However it is the Router's menu not my moodle page that is displayed.

I believed that by enabling IP Passthrough and having my PC (Moodle Server) with the Public IP address - I could view the moodle pages remotely. Still not there. I would welcome anyone's suggestions on how to access Moodle Server remotely

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

very useful, thanks

Advertisement