Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 54 com / Med size alu bike

• 24-03-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I'm looking for a 54cm (or med) sized bike something with very close spec to this one:

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/bicycles/3158261
    Except in a Medium or 54cm size.

Is there anyone looking to sell something very similar by any chance? Budget around €600 to €650.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

http://www.adverts.ie/bikes/road-bike-56-cm-aluminium-with-carbon-rear/1456932?notification=5bd633ec89af000641043da8dd3a11e1-1332409475#comment_7157353

It's a 56cm frame, but with a relatively short 55cm top tube. I'm 6 foot myself, and I'm probably as tall as would get away with it. The drivetrain is a mix of Campag parts, with a significantly better set of wheels than the Kuota. Lovely little bike. Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bmcgill

Thanks anyway and nice bike, but it's not what I'm after to be honest. I wouldn't get away with the standover height of a 56

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

bmcgill wrote: »
    Thanks anyway and nice bike, but it's not what I'm after to be honest. I wouldn't get away with the standover height of a 56

Fair enough, if you change your mind, let me know. If not, good luck with the bike hunt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭bike boy

Beone Blizzard '09 road bike for sale.

Full Ultegra groupset
    Ritchey finishing kit
    Planet X Wheelset (bladed spokes)
    Excellent condition no marks/scuffs
    Size 53cm (My inside leg 80cm)
    650 euro

Can provide pics

• Advertisement

I'd be interested in having a look all right.. Where are you based?

Could you tell me what sort of mileage you've put up on this by the way, and whether it's a compact or a double chainset?

Carlow
    Double
    I have used it Jan-May since 2010, winter weekend 2hr spins
    when not mountain biking.

Let me check what it would cost to replace the double with a compact and I'll get back to you.

It's possible to reduce it to 38 on the front
    and 12/27 block, any good?

• Advertisement

I don't know to be honest. Let me check and get back to you. Thanks.

Well.. Nice bike but It's not quite what I'm after I'm afraid.. I'd need a triple or a compact and hopefully I can pick up something a little newer...
    Thanks anyway, I'll keep looking...

Hi.. I've bumped my budget a little to around 800.. anybody got anything to sell by any chance?
    Thanks.

Advertisement