Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I believe in Kevpants" (S&SS Off Topic thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I'm trying to buy some battling ropes for the gym and am getting some stupid prices. basically I want 2 lengths of 25mm but for some reason the prices are mental. I refuse to pay €100 for one length!

Anyone know of any cheaper places?

Limerick strongman club makes all kinds. Think Gary still runs it. You could mail him on the facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Limerick-Strongman-Club/102398083717

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Sorry guys edited the first post. Thanks Kevin.

I need nylon not vanilla flavoured and my gym is 15m long so I need 15m lengths. They're going to be modified to work as climbing ropes and I've sort of invented a method of resisted grip work with them so I'd like them to be adaptable for that.

Have a few good tips here to be getting on with. Thank you very glad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Old boat ropes?

Old boat ropes?

Nah they have to be clean. They'll be all over my mats which have to be free from stink and potentially infectious infecting infections.

Nah they have to be clean. They'll be all over my mats which have to be free from stink and potentially infectious infecting infections.

Er, new boat ropes?

I'm basing this on the assumption that it's similiar in price difference to that of cow/horse mats vrs purpose bought lifting mats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Thud

that's be just money for old rope

Thud wrote: »
    that's be just money for old rope
    Bravo sir.

Er, new boat ropes?

I'm basing this on the assumption that it's similiar in price difference to that of cow/horse mats vrs purpose bought lifting mats.

I thought the same but 30m isn't a big order for a marine company so you get charged public prices. They're working out the same. I might take a drive to Howth today to haggle along the pier with the simple fisherfolk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Have you asked the lads in Woodies do they know of anywhere to grab some? If not have you tried Chadwicks or Goslins down in the village? They might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Dathai wrote: »
    Have you asked the lads in Woodies do they know of anywhere to grab some? If not have you tried Chadwicks or Goslins down in the village? They might be able to point you in the right direction.

I remember tying a couple of the DIY places and they were stupidly expensive for it/ or didnt have it...

Let us know how you get on Barry. After using these in RAW the last time i was up i want a set. And a tyre...and an empty warehouse :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

They usually deal with a hundred and one suppliers though, so if you're not buying it from the shop you can get a contact of a supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭JayRoc

They're working out the same. I might take a drive to Howth today to haggle along the pier with the simple fisherfolk.

Two different DIY/hardware shops advised me the same when I asked, Barry. Apparently there's a particular place on the seafront that you should find easy enough if you ask around.

So the advice is to head down the docks and ask strangers where I can get a length?

Gotcha

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

So the advice is to head down the docks and ask strangers where I can get a length?

Gotcha

tumblr_lehf7kSgK91qex36wo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wollwead

Trained in Morton Stadium there...grand auld spot..decent setup...some nice runner chicks and all...although some of them need too eat some burgers :P

Handy to know its there and its pay as you go.
    So Morton Stadium in Santry well worth a visit then? How much does it cost PAYG? Has all of the essentials barbell squat racks et all that jazz yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Wollwead wrote: »
    So Morton Stadium in Santry well worth a visit then? How much does it cost PAYG? Has all of the essentials barbell squat racks et all that jazz yeah?

All that and more. €5 last time I was there.

did barry make it back from the docks ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

I heard he got swept off his feet by a bronzed Greek sailor called Alexandros and they're sailing the Med' forever more. Bless.

how-to-be-cool.jpg

Dead Ed wrote: »
    I heard he got swept off his feet by a bronzed Greek sailor called Alexandros and they're sailing the Med' forever more. Bless.
    We're very happy.

• Advertisement

Dead Ed wrote: »

And we're very happy.

Tank, we need an exit.

Kevpants's quality of posting across boards today has been incredible...hats off too you sir...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Kevpants's quality of posting across boards today has been incredible...hats off too you sir...

First day back in work after Xmas break. I'm scared to look at my Outlook. It's gonna be full of all work stuff.

kevpants wrote: »
    First day back in work after Xmas break. I'm scared to look at my Outlook. It's gonna be full of all work stuff.

I have people too do that for me...there called my "team"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

I'm not trying to advertise this, and have no affiliation with the club or any of the organisers, but it may be of interest to this forum

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=22571

Id like a double bodyweight beltless squat....there i said it...ive too do it now...

balls...

Id like a double bodyweight beltless squat....there i said it...ive too do it now...

balls...

what's that? 4kg? 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

balls...

what's that? 4kg? 5?

Nah, he said Double so that's 8-10kg....

Cue me getting abuse.

• Advertisement

Nah, he said Double so that's 8-10kg....

Cue me getting abuse.

no he's right...5kg...i lost weight over xmas...got stronger too...

/haters

Advertisement