Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap reliable Courier Galway

• 14-11-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I'm looking to get a moped couriered from Sligo/Leitrim to Galway. Any know of anyone or what kind of price you'd be looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Fastway couriers are pretty cheap and will do within 24 hours. Not sure of prices for moped though so i'd suggest you call them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

No idea if they do vehicles but the odd time I've had a big parcel to deliver I've used these guys: http://www.gls-group.eu/276-I-PORTAL-WEB/content/GLS/IE01/EN/1_gls_ireland_home.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

newkie wrote: »
    No idea if they do vehicles but the odd time I've had a big parcel to deliver I've used these guys: http://www.gls-group.eu/276-I-PORTAL-WEB/content/GLS/IE01/EN/1_gls_ireland_home.htm
    GLS are a disaster, my exact address is not on most GPS units so they always end up heading to a place that reads kinda like the townland but is 25 miles away the other side of the city. Only when they get to the wrong place do they ring us.

You can't always trust GPS so a professional driver should know this and call the recipient to verify their address. Obviously GLS don't do this, hence this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

A mate of mine will do it for e100, without knowing the exact location, give more details!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

GLS are a disaster, my exact address is not on most GPS units so they always end up heading to a place that reads kinda like the townland but is 25 miles away the other side of the city. Only when they get to the wrong place do they ring us.

You can't always trust GPS so a professional driver should know this and call the recipient to verify their address. Obviously GLS don't do this, hence this post.

Lol, that's pretty bad. Well, once when I was living in Castletroy, Limerick I was sent a package via courier from the states. The courier couldn't find the house (country area - house names only). So they sent a postcard. The postcard arrived (during xmas in fairness) 2+ weeks later. Rang the courier and was told sorry, I took too long to get back to them so they had already sent it back to America. Brilliant Irish customer service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Yeah, this type of thing is all too regular an occurrence with couriers in this country. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that they get paid upfront for the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BennyBlanc0

I just rang around 4 of the big couriers. I plan on sending around 30+ parcels a week from Wicklow. DPD were cheapest (€5.35 ex VAT, anywhere in Ireland, 31kg, any size/shape). That's damn cheap. Can't remember others. If you need the comparison quotes just ask and I'll dig up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sotajiq

Hi all,
    DPD are unbeatable for shipping domestically, but if you need to ship abroad I would recommend www.easyparcel.ie as far as I am shipping on regular basis this is my personal opinion. I used to ship with CityPost Parcel which is great too, but until you have a problem. Their customer service is 0. I rang them 3 times as my parcel was untrackable and all they did is to ask me for my mobile. They said they will ring me with more info and they never did. Now I am using both DPD and Easy Parcel.

Hope this helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Onlinemart.ie

I just rang around 4 of the big couriers. I plan on sending around 30+ parcels a week from Wicklow. DPD were cheapest (€5.35 ex VAT, anywhere in Ireland, 31kg, any size/shape). That's damn cheap. Can't remember others. If you need the comparison quotes just ask and I'll dig up.

What size parcels my courier is €3.69 inc vat per package

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Niamh Allan

Which courier method should i follow for fast delievery of goods?

• Advertisement
Advertisement