Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 year old guy having sex with 16 year old girl

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Arise zombie thread.

apparently arise again:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im 16 and its normal enough for me or one of my friends to be meeting people around 21/22

having dont it myself a fair few times i think it depends on the people...if she wants to and he wants to then i'd see no problem

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nothing wrong with it, people hit puberty at an age for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭cson

I've been in a few cities around Europe and one thing I always remark on is that there are always feck all young ones with prams as opposed to say walking down O'Connell St. Now I could just be avoiding those sort of area's or...

I mostly notice it in France tbh. They have a much more advanced society than ours in terms of attitudes to Alcohol and Sex. I'd almost live over there only for they've no proper Ham/Spuds/Rashers/Sausages/Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

cson wrote: »
    I've been in a few cities around Europe and one thing I always remark on is that there are always feck all young ones with prams as opposed to say walking down O'Connell St. Now I could just be avoiding those sort of area's or...

I mostly notice it in France tbh. They have a much more advanced society than ours in terms of attitudes to Alcohol and Sex. I'd almost live over there only for they've no proper Ham/Spuds/Rashers/Sausages/Guinness.

Irelands rate is actually fairly average for developed nations. Britain has the highest in Europe.

Continental (mainland) Europe is very low though.

http://student.bmj.com/issues/02/07/news/images/news223.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,137 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

let them have their dick and eat it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭cson

Overheal wrote: »
    let them have their dick and eat it too.

Fantastic contribution right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,137 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thanks. How old is your sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Anto McC wrote: »
    If the 16 year old had been a bloke and the 22 year old had been a women, no one would have had a problem with it.

Ah the PC bullsh*t. Males & females are different as is the sexual psychology.

I don't think a 22 year old should be doing that. I'm the same age myself & going out with an 18 year old so perhaps I'm being hypocritical

To the OP, not worth your time worrying, older guys wil lbe happy to oblige & nothing you can do will stop that. If anything they're more likely to use a condom

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It's none of your business OP.

Here's the deal, 16 year old girls aspire to appear older than they are. They go out trying to attract older men and a lot of the time succeed. Everything is pointing in the right direction, they're starting to enter their sexual prime. Unfortunately this is coupled with the hormonal tornadoes causing them to be utter retards. They don't know what they want, they don't know who they are, blah, blah, blah. Often men are attracted to this, vulnerability can be a turn on. I wouldn't see it as 'preying', it's inadvertant a lot of the time.

There isn't too much difference, physiologically between a lot of 16 year old girls and 20 year old girls and often enough, 20 year old girls are just as stupid as 16 year olds. It's funny, I figure it's one of those survival traits, if teen girls weren't so attractive would we not just shoot them? The reason I wouldn't try to pull a younger girl is because in my opinion, no 16 year old is mature enough for my own standards and if they seem so, it's because they're a good actress. I don't really care if other guys do it, 6 years isn't a huge difference, especially taking differing maturity levels into account. I don't see why you would hold it against a guy either. We're not talking about rape here, we're talking about 2 consenting adults.

Everyone deals with pressure and we all have to make our own decisions at some point. Who cares who was mentally prepared to do what and when? That's life. I'm 22, I like having sex, if I was going out with a 22 year old girl who continually held out then f*ck it, I'd be off. We obviously aren't compatable. I wouldn't pressure her against her will. If she felt pressured then that's not really my fault.
    I don't think Dudess' point is really valid, it's true that a lot of 16 year olds aren't ready but it's still their responsibility to do what's best for them. There are two people in the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

My ex was 16 when we started seeing each other

She was 16, i was 22.

We were together for nearly 8 years.

We had a great relationship and we are great friends still with great respect for each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

I'd do her:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

good ol' jail bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

its so wrong its not even funny and thats not even counting the fact im pretty sure its illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

PeakOutput wrote: »
    its so wrong its not even funny and thats not even counting the fact im pretty sure its illegal

How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 <-Ste->

My first post!
    If shes nice enough, shes old enough

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Kold wrote: »
    How so?

the legal age is 17

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'd have to agree with Dudess. Let me put it to you this way, as far as the whole legal thing goes. Smoking at the age of 18 is legal, in the eyes of the state once you reach that age it's acceptable, that is in legal terms at least, your friends etc. might not agree.Now as for sex, just because it's legal doesn't make it right, legality doesn't justify everything.

On some occasions 16 year olds will try make themselves look older and often are succesful, in which case, they themselves have made a decision and if they regret it afterwards, well it's their own fault.

The age gap between 33 and 16 or whatever it was is a big one, both people are at different stages, that's why I see it as being wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The age of consent laws in this country are not quite as straightforward as many think.

Seventeen year olds can only have sex with other seventeen year olds legally.

If either party is eighteen or over then both parties must be eighteen or over as otherwise it's sex with a minor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Now as for sex, just because it's legal doesn't make it right, legality doesn't justify everything.

Did the law change recently or what? 16 is not legal, whatever about right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Dudess wrote: »
    Lately I've seen a 16-year-old girl giving a 27-year-old woman fellatio advice on another forum. That is f*cked up.

Yeah that is f*cked up, you'd think a 27 year old would know already!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

bluewolf wrote: »
    Did the law change recently or what? 16 is not legal, whatever about right

For the U.K I'm talking about though

I was unaware however that 17 doesn't cover all areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Piste wrote:
    Yeah that is f*cked up, you'd think a 27 year old would know already!
    LOL :D
    It is fukked up though.
    I know a guy thats 33 having sex with a 17 year old, or so he says... but he has showed me some txt messages... and she defiantly knows what shes doing haha if shes really 17
    Nice guy.
    Anto McC wrote: »
    If the 16 year old had been a bloke and the 22 year old had been a women, no one would have had a problem with it.
    I disagree. They would of course. In fact, a 22-year-old guy being with a 16-year-old girl would be considered far more "normal" than the scenario you've described. At least 16-year-old girls have the werewithal to make themselves look older.
    Meh, if the girl is really mature for her age or looks older and she's sure she wants to be with the 22-year-old and he isn't aware she's that young, fair enough.
    If he knows what age she is but still finds himself falling for her and she's feeling the same way about him, then they can't help how they feel and good luck to them.
    If he knows what age she is and he's happy to use a bit of young pussy to shag and boast about to his mates afterwards he's a prick.
    If she's really young and underdeveloped looking/childlike and he still shags her he's a weirdo.
    Grimes wrote: »
    Anyway OP, your Kid will prob have sex, like most irish teenagers around 15 or 16 for the first time.

As is life
    I don't know if most 15/16-year-olds do though. They might just say they do. I'd say most people lose their virginity at 17/18. There's talk of shagging at school, but actual shagging in college. And it's different for girls physically. Guys just stick it in, girls need to be aroused in order to be physically prepared for penetration. In that sense I suppose having sex with a 22-year-old guy, who might be quite experienced, is far better than with a fellow clueless 16-year-old.
    Some of my friends at school were 16 when they lost their virginity and they really didn't want to, they just felt pressured into doing it. And it hurt like hell the first time too. I'm sure plenty of lads also feel pressure to do it but don't want to. So I wonder whether this idea that all teens are "mad for it" is actually a misconception. Maybe a few are, but plenty are just following suit in order to fit in.
    People develop sexually at different rates. It's not unusual for a person to not feel ready for sex until their 20s. As I said, I was 18 but definitely would have lost it later if I hadn't felt under so much pressure. It was just something to get over with then, but into my 20s it actually became fantastic. Sure, several generations ago it was acceptable for very young kids to have sex but it was ingrained in their culture, they didn't have a choice. It was also acceptable for very young girls to have babies. Being physically ready for something is not the same as being emotionally ready. I personally think sex is called an adult activity for a reason. At the same time though, I do think there should be less of a deal made about sex once a person reaches 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Lockstep

"The best part of this job is all the barely legal pussy that comes in here. And they all look up to me 'cause I have a driver's license. It's awesome. "

Advertisement