Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Done-deal killer? Free car ads on Adverts now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Your Bmw for my micra swap ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Adverts is terrible for selling cars on, people are turning away from it and this is a gimmick to get them back in. Why can't they just turn off comments for car ads I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Jarren wrote: »
    Your Bmw for my micra swap ?
    Is your 2L petrol BMW a diesel?

wots d tax?

50euro offered

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

No, it's a terrible place to sell a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Donedeal will always appeal to the larger market of non tech-savi people.

Pictures, text, mobile number. Don't have to keep coming back to check for comments, no rules in relation to off thread dealing etc.

• Advertisement

Georgia Salpa would find it hard to sell her arse on adverts, woeful place.

RoverJames wrote: »
    50euro offered! Can collect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

langdang wrote: »
    50euro offered! Can collect!

Next please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

In theory adverts should work well with a trail of questions answered etc. but it just doesn't work when you can't just put up your phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

In theory adverts should work well with a trail of questions answered etc. but it just doesn't work when you can't just put up your phone number

Doesn't your phone number come up with car adds? They're visible under the sellers username on car adds.

I use Adverts to sell all-sorts and find it very useful actually, but not so much for cars.

But now you can put in a reserve price on your item for sale, and anybody offering less than that, their offer won't be posted. Also stops spammers, which unfortunately there are a lot of lately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Graupel

When I mention I bought something off adverts, Peoples usual response is "where?"

DoneDeal everyone knows. So, No I don't think Adverts.ie will be killing off DoneDeal anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's €2000 cheaper on Amazon!

Col200sx wrote: »
    But now you can put in a reserve price on your item for sale, and anybody offering less than that, their offer won't be posted.
    Thank Christ, I've never even sold something one there but morons on other peoples ads used to annoy me offering 10% of the value as if it was eBay and if they were the only offer at the end of the ad then they would get it for that price. GRRRRR!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Its hard to take seriously, when a seller is hoping to get a decent sum of cash for a clean motor, and a potential buyer offers playstation games, a box of tea towels(mostly unsoiled) and nodge of wavin.

Col200sx wrote: »

Doesn't your phone number come up with car adds? They're visible under the sellers username on car adds.

I use Adverts to sell all-sorts and find it very useful actually, but not so much for cars.

But now you can put in a reserve price on your item for sale, and anybody offering less than that, their offer won't be posted. Also stops spammers, which unfortunately there are a lot of lately.
    Didn't realise you could put the number up for cars. I've never seen an add for adverts.ie but donedeal seems to advertise a lot more.

I personally prefer adverts for buying things in general as you can see peoples feedback etc. was robbed previously selling a phone on donedeal.

There seems to be very little use of eBay in Ireland for cars too compared to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

RoverJames wrote: »

Brilliant RJ!
    Now I'm off to get something to clean my screen with after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Adverts is full of time wasters who don't actually have any money. They will either offer you half of what you are asking or offer to trade their rubbish that they are trying to get of and get upset when you turn their offer down. You would probably be offered a greyhound or jack russel as part of the deal too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I've used adverts to sell items. I've sold about 11 things on it and always found it great. I can imagine it wouldn't be great to sell a car but for anything else. I've sold items up to 1k euro in value no problems.ive been shocked at much I've got for certain things I normally get a good price on everything. Sold 4 heater plugs for a Santa Fe only last week they were sitting in our garage for years we don't even have a Santa Fe. I got 50 euro for them which was good going i thought considering they would have only been thrown out. Maybe not good for selling cars or anything over 1k in value but for anything else i think it's great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Had my last car on adverts and gumtree for about a month as I wasn't pushed on getting rid of it. 0 replies calls etc. When I wanted it gone I stuck it on DD. 5/6 phone calls in two days. Second person to view the car took it away. Adverts is fine for surfboards and stuff but not cars.

• Advertisement
Advertisement