Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Irreplaceable is in the new bottles?! I need it!!!

Does anyone use OPI Nail Envy? I'm saving my Boots points to buy it, it's really dear and I'm wondering if it's worth the expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Pythia wrote: »
    Finally, I got my Shellac done yesterday. Rubble with a gold glitter topcoat on the ring fingers. It's a nice mushroom brown colour (not my photo):

Got that colour done recently - it's lovely one. I even went and bought an OPI colour in a similar shade afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Does anyone use OPI Nail Envy? I'm saving my Boots points to buy it, it's really dear and I'm wondering if it's worth the expense.

Same! I heard they discontinued it! need a back up asap

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

That Essence in Irreplaceable is gorgeous! MUST find this! :D

I seriously love Essence and Catrice nail polishes - I always come out with 7 or 8 at a time! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

musical.x wrote: »
    Same! I heard they discontinued it! need a back up asap

Gah, it's actually 'Cookie Love'. I thought I was buying Irreplaceable, just went by colour.

This is cookie love (from google images):

P1110970.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

shanna83 wrote: »

Im using it, I bought the original and got the matte free, I use the matte as a base coat. My nails have improved a little bit but they were in a really bad state so im giving it time. Ive been using it properly for about two weeks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

ladypip wrote: »
    Im using it, I bought the original and got the matte free, I use the matte as a base coat. My nails have improved a little bit but they were in a really bad state so im giving it time. Ive been using it properly for about two weeks now.

It'l be a while before I have enough points, I'd love to know how your nails are in another few weeks if that's not being too nosy?!

Ah irreplaceable, too good to be true! Just had a look at the website and they've actually discontinued a truckload of color & gos, one of my stockists is selling the old bottles off at 65c a pop, have bought most but definitely going back for back-ups of stuff like A Lovely Secret, Sure Azure, Galactic Black, Rich & Pretty, You Belong to Me, & Blue Addicted, gutted they're being discontinued.

It'l be a while before I have enough points, I'd love to know how your nails are in another few weeks if that's not being too nosy?!

Ah irreplaceable, too good to be true! Just had a look at the website and they've actually discontinued a truckload of color & gos, one of my stockists is selling the old bottles off at 65c a pop, have bought most but definitely going back for back-ups of stuff like A Lovely Secret, Sure Azure, Galactic Black, Rich & Pretty, You Belong to Me, & Blue Addicted, gutted they're being discontinued.

We don't even get the sale ones! they just get rid of them :(

oh and here's a mani just to brighten up all the gloom :P

Models own Hedonist from the Hed kandi collection

Models+own+Hedonist+nail+polish+swatch+(2).JPG

I found another of the OPI Grand Slam collection in TK Maxx this afternoon. That means I have 3 of them now. Don't like the 4th one, so this will be it.

OPI-Serena-Glam-Slam-England-Your-Royal-Shine-ness-Duo-Pack.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Essence "The Huntsman"

essence-SnowWhite-LE-Special-Effect-Topper-02-The-Huntsman.jpg

Barry M "Strawberry Ice Cream"

Barry_m-strawberry_icecream.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

For anyone who lives in Dublin, just to let ye know, I was in clearys in o Connell street yesterday and they have loads of the standard essence
    Polishes for half price. I couldn't resist and picked up about 12 of them for a bargain of €7. They have loads of browns and purples and then there's a few others aswell but I'd day they're going quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ehhhh i SWEAR this wasnt intentional, kinda embarrassed how freaky matchy matchy it is :o but did the nails earlier on this aft so thats the first pic. Had a cuppa in my PJs when my flatmate came in and she breaks her heart laughin..took me awhile to cop.:o:D

photoryg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

2uzcoe0.jpg
    My lines were a bit too wonky but overall I'm happy enough with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I saw a tutorial on Nailside for these easy clouds and thought I'd give it a shot..

rlzxw1.jpg
    I used China Glaze Kinetic Candy, Revlon Buttercup, and Sonia Kashuk Smoke and Mirrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I saw a tutorial on Nailside for these easy clouds and thought I'd give it a shot..

Love nailside!

Essie Sure Shot (metallic pink with purple tint) overlaid with OPI Servin' Up Sparkle (clear polish with silver glitter).

7830086242_1c68e7f5ce.jpg

I had on Essence Sleepy the last day. Lovely polish but application was really weird :confused: I'll definitely wear it again though. I loved most of the Snow white collection from Essence.

Essence+snow+white+Sleepy+nail+polish+swatch+(3).JPG

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Love this thread! I've just read back over 30 pages! :-)

I'll post up some of my own pics soon but for now a quick q. Can anyone recommend a nice glittery black colour and also a silver glitter top coat but not one with big bits of glitter, only the small stuff! cheap enough would be great. I'm planning on having a look on ASOS and checking out my nearest essence stand as soon as I can if that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I'll post up some of my own pics soon but for now a quick q. Can anyone recommend a nice glittery black colour and also a silver glitter top coat but not one with big bits of glitter, only the small stuff! cheap enough would be great. I'm planning on having a look on ASOS and checking out my nearest essence stand as soon as I can if that helps!
    Barry M black multi glitter is nice, it's just under E5 in Boots and you get points there as well :)

ASOS have it too

http://www.asos.com/Barry-M/Barry-M-Sparkles-Nail-Polish/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2434125&SearchRedirect=true&SearchQuery=barry%20m%20black%20multi%20glitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Got a package of new nail art stuff yesterday and celebrated by <read in cookie monster voice> PUTTING ALL OF IT ON. Got micro beads, silver & gold foil, loose glitter, something called 'icy mylar', loads of new nail glue, pearl hearts, deco food beads, nail wraps, a little box of random fimo & pearls that I think they lashed in as a freebie. For about a tenner.

nails_new_stuff.jpg

The micro beads all came off in my sleep last night but they were pretty while they lasted. (also, thanks a mill for introducing me to Nailside Chickenbutt! Had never heard of it and I, em, went in and robbed your cloud nail thingy. It just looks so cute, wanted to see if I could do it.) Not 100% sure what to do with the icy mylar, it's basically little flecks of holographic plastic that looks cute enough on but leaves a very scratchy finish, even with loads of top coat. Off to find a youtube tutorial with me! [AHA! According to Youtube mylar goes into Acrylic nails. That'll explain why I could scratch paint with my hands right now]

• Advertisement

Essence have a sparkly black called 'Galactic Black' but it's been discontinued. There's still loads of the discontinued colours out there on Essence stands but might be worth doing a legger to one quickly enough

essence-galactic-black3-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I got some Nails Inc in TK Maxx in the clearance, one had 2 in the box (of 3) and one had 3 so I took the 3 for €8, and an Essie nail strenghtener for €5.99. The Nails Inc are: New Kings Road, Sutherland Street and Suffolk Terrace
    Then Clerys had some reduced Essence polishes, so picked up 4 of those - for a grand total of €2.60 (4 x 65c)
    ....and in the post! I got Sinful Colors Cinderella, which is the most amazing blue with micro shimmer I've ever seen, and China Glaze Electric Pineapple (which I am not sure about!)

I am waiting on 24 bottles of Kleancolor to arrive, from eBay and some swaps from the US - it's an exciting nail time all round

OH! Sallys had OPIs reduced to 5.40 today, if anyone is interested... Some looked like they needed a good shake, but there were some nice shimmery corals and pinks.

Catrice Million Styles have a holo silver topcoat, which would be like what you are looking for - or Angelica in Penneys also! (less than €3 for either) BUT I would highly recommend China Glaze fairy dust or Nails Inc electric lane as more expensive options - electric lane is amazing. It makes everything sooo sparkly!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Chickenbutt I took a gook at that blog you linked to and am in heaven. Just trying to decide which three colours to go for for my cloud design now :D

Also I must look into getting stamps/dotting tools and the like. Where are the best places to get these?

People who have gotten Sally Hansens in Dealz - which Dealz? I went out to Santry to get some and they had zero Sally Hansens.
    I've also noticed the Euro shop not doing nail polish anymore.
    Sucks!

hdowney wrote: »
    Also I must look into getting stamps/dotting tools and the like. Where are the best places to get these?

For dotting tools I'd start out with a biro (like in this tutorial) or the pointy end of a manicure stick. From what I can see from other peoples manicures dotting tools give absolutely fantastic results but aren't 100% necessary

Any stamps I have are from Konad & I bought them from Konad Ireland. Essence also have a stamping set but only if you're lucky enough to have one of the large Essence stands nearby you (I've never come across them in Ireland)

People who have gotten Sally Hansens in Dealz - which Dealz? I went out to Santry to get some and they had zero Sally Hansens.
    I've also noticed the Euro shop not doing nail polish anymore.
    Sucks!

I saw Sally Hansen polishes in Dealz in Cork City, they had quite a lot of them along with some Revlon polishes.

I saw Sally Hansen polishes in Dealz in Cork City, they had quite a lot of them along with some Revlon polishes.

Grrrr on the Cork thingy - I wonder has anyone seen them in Blanchardstown?!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Has anyone seen Essence Snow White - Grumpy anywhere in Dublin City Centre? I've been trying to find it everywhere but it's sold out :(

LizT wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Essence Snow White - Grumpy anywhere in Dublin City Centre? I've been trying to find it everywhere but it's sold out :(

I've seen Essence in both Penneys, the pharmacy on the bottom of O'Connell Street on Eden Quay end, and Clerys - I can check my local pharmacies for you (near work and home) if you want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I've seen Essence in both Penneys, the pharmacy on the bottom of O'Connell Street on Eden Quay end, and Clerys - I can check my local pharmacies for you (near work and home) if you want?

I checked Penneys on Saturday, they had every other colour besides Grumpy :mad::mad:

Don't go out of your way to check, I don't need it that badly :p

Advertisement