Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭gipi

Went to Relish in Southgate for the first time today. The place was packed (about 3pm) but I managed to get a table. I ordered the Bacon Butty (actually a sausage and bacon sandwich with red pepper relish on thick crusty bread), which was enormous and delicious! The bacon was several layers thick, and there were several sausages. The bread was a real "doorstep" cut, very fresh and the crust was really crunchy.

Their coffee was very tasty, if not quite as hot as I like it (I like to mull over my coffee not drink it quickly because it's getting cool!).

Service was prompt and friendly, I couldn't fault it.

The decor was interesting (looked like some of the pictures were for sale - I thought I saw prices on them), it's not typical of a shopping centre café at all. Background music wasn't intrusive (it wasn't a radio station either).

Enjoyed the experience, I'll be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Was in Relish other day was impressed. Just had a coffee but service and atmosphere were great. However was in Bia today and had the Triple Decker sandwich. Was plenty on it but wad inedible with the amount of salt. Service wasn't great either seemed bait unusual for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Went to Sorrentos (again) on Saturday night. How much do I love that place? :) Anyway, himself got the special - a 12oz Rib Eye Steak. Have to say it was very impressive! It came with onions and mushrooms, Genoa chips. It was served with either a Pepper Sauce or a Tomato Sauce and the girl brought him both for no extra charge. The tomato sauce was amazing! First time that I've ever seen them doing a special like that before, fair play to them for trying something different! And it was very reasonable too, only 16.95 for the steak. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭sudzs

Had the misfortune to have eaten in the D Hotel last week. Was with a couple of friends and all the meals were pretty grim. The only part of any meal that was ok, was a piece of pork belly. but this came with a lump of stodgy mash and watery cabbage, both luke warm. The falafals were dire.... barely warm and in a cold untoasted pitta with a lot of bad salad. Really pricey for what we got, won't be going back. :(

Had a lovely meal in the Eastern Sea Board on a busy night but a week later had another meal that wasn't half as good with slow slow service even though the place was half empty. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

Bia, food was nice, good portion, the sort of place you go if youre too lazy to cook but still want a homely dinner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Was in Harpers today, we only had a coffe and cappuchino, very nice. Will be going back on monday to try the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭markc1184

Has King of Kings Chinese closed? Noticed last night it wasn't open and then tonight the same and the letters for the name of the shop have been taken down now too. I'll be gutted it it's closed down, my favourite Chinese in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

markc1184 wrote: »
    Has King of Kings Chinese closed? Noticed last night it wasn't open and then tonight the same and the letters for the name of the shop have been taken down now too. I'll be gutted it it's closed down, my favourite Chinese in Drogheda.

Ill be very disappointed i never got to try it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Kaylee

Husband and I had a meal in West29 last night, and we were very impressed.

The food was great - nice selection of starters with the Tapas and Antipasti board, lovely mains, we didn't try desert mind you - too full at that stage.

There was a nice lively crowd too, atmosphere and decor is lovely... but what made the evening were the staff. They were excellent - attentive, friendly and helpful but not OTT. Nice touch with the complimentary bread and soup taster also.

We only went there because we couldn't get a reservation at ESB :D !

King of Kings
    I will also miss King of Kings - we got our weekly take-away from there every Friday. Suprised though - I thought it was really popular, maybe not during the week though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Has King of Kings Chinese closed?

Anyone know the story here? Only Chinese we really use.How's Woks these days as an alternative?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Dingatron wrote: »
    Anyone know the story here? Only Chinese we really use.How's Woks these days as an alternative?

A worthy competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

CMpunked wrote: »
    A worthy competitor.

true.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭coolhandluke

Kaylee wrote: »
    Husband and I had a meal in West29 last night, and we were very impressed.

The food was great - nice selection of starters with the Tapas and Antipasti board, lovely mains, we didn't try desert mind you - too full at that stage.

There was a nice lively crowd too, atmosphere and decor is lovely... but what made the evening were the staff. They were excellent - attentive, friendly and helpful but not OTT. Nice touch with the complimentary bread and soup taster also.

We only went there because we couldn't get a reservation at ESB :D !

Have eaten there 3 times now and every time it has been top notch, service excellent and the food great. Nice variety in the menu

My only regret writing this is it will get far more difficult to get a table now as it is not the biggest place.

Oh and the rolo cheesecake is savage......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Have eaten there 3 times now and every time it has been top notch, service excellent and the food great. Nice variety in the menu

My only regret writing this is it will get far more difficult to get a table now as it is not the biggest place.

Oh and the rolo cheesecake is savage......

What time do they start serving on a weekday, or is the kitchen open all day for lunch etc like ESB?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭coolhandluke

CMpunked wrote: »
    What time do they start serving on a weekday, or is the kitchen open all day for lunch etc like ESB?

5 i think normally, but i know they are doing a sunday brunch menu now but i haven't tried that yet.

Had lunch at The Kitchen on Saturday and was very impressed. The menu is quite small and a bit daunting at first but the food was really lovely and very reasonable. I had two salads for 3.95. The Bulghar Wheat one was particularly nice! Also, shared a pot of tea with a friend and managed to get four cups each out of the pot! Staff were very nice too and were not in a rush to kick us out! We were there for two hours and in spite of it being a busy afternoon for them, the atmosphere was nice and relaxed. Will defo be back! Nice to see a place that is a bit different in Drogheda! Well Done! :D

where is the kitchen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Rossin wrote: »
    where is the kitchen?

Two doors up from Eddie Rockets but I thought it had closed down?? Obviously not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

PinkFly wrote: »
    Two doors up from Eddie Rockets but I thought it had closed down?? Obviously not!!

I think they're closed Mondays and Tuesdays?

Okay great ill try it the next day thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Anyone recommend a decent place for lunch in Drogheda on Thursday?Carvery will prob do the job as I'll be in a bit of a rush.Was thinking Black Bull?Or will I go as far as City North Hotel cos I'll be going to Dublin anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭furiousox

Eastern Seaboard of course! :D

CPL 593H

Ate there before,its nice alright.Think I'm gonna need somewere that does carvery as time will be tight.

What about the Glenside?

CPL 593H

Is it good?Does it do carvery?

Yeah it's ok, the usual carvery fare.
    You won't be delayed ordering and it gives you a head start if you need to get to Dublin too.

CPL 593H

Thanks.Does Black Bull do carvery?Heard its pretty good

No, doesn't do carvery.
    Food is pretty good but you'll have to order and wait, can be busy at lunchtime too so if time is a factor you'd be better heading for the Glenside.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Drawda Girl

Another vote for the Glenside! Had the carvery a couple of weeks ago. Huge portions & reasonable price.

• Advertisement

PinkFly wrote: »

Defo not closed! Had a good steady stream of people coming in and out on Saturday :)

Advertisement