Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Any Easter discount codes going around yet for Smyths/Argos/littlewoods etc?

Got The Death Star for my boy last year from Smyths for €269 reduced from €340! Easter20 was the code if I recall.

With the new Lego Movie gear out I'd like to get my kids some sets instead of wasting money on chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭lostboy75

Migworks wrote: »
    Tesco are currently conning many parents over the Lego Movie Blind Bags!!! Displaying them at €3.49, that's 60cent more than all other retailers, but also have it badged up as a "special purchase" and given a yellow flash card... special purchase=money maker.

I asked Clonmel and Waterford store managers why this was so, both gave the standard "head office" set these speech.

Left formal complaint for what it's worth.

Not just these sets, saw quite a few sets at rrp in Tesco oranmore with the yellow tag, it's been going on for quite some time in various tescos, but not complained...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just a heads up that it's now double Vip points on the Lego store. Not the greatest offer, but it does add up - slowly.

Keep adding the Palace Cinema to the basket and removing it. I was the same last time, only purchasing the town hall in the last hour of double vip points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've been weighing up a purchase but was trying to decide among the timing for the choice of promotions: Martian Manhunter in March, double VIP points in April, or Star Wars polybag in May.

I decided to go for double VIP - was able to pick up a Martian Manhunter on eBay, and the May 4th polybag is of no real interest to me (Darth Revan from Knights of the Old Republic).

I'm going to finally pick up Arkham Asylum, which will net me 300 points (€15).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Say this in main Bargain Alerts forum just thought I'd repost here, number of hobbit sets half price in Argos

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=LEGO+HOBBIT&authToken=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Unfortunately that Lake Town Chase is out of stock in just every Argos I can get to though. Bummer. Would have bought two.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Hoofball

GodlessM wrote: »
    Unfortunately that Lake Town Chase is out of stock in just every Argos I can get to though. Bummer. Would have bought two.

Smyths are giving better prices than Argos on those sets. The Lake Town Chase is only 29.99 in Smyths now.

Holy crap yeah. Black Gate for €35, Dol Guldur Battle for €45 (great parts in that one). Seems everywhere is trying to shill LoTR and the Hobbit. Unfortunately my local Smyths doesn't have Lake Town either.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Only sow it now :(. Jumped to my pc and black gate out of stock! :( I waited for right price and few days in months I don't check - it's on sale! :(

Only sow it now :(. Jumped to my pc and black gate out of stock! :( I waited for right price and few days in months I don't check - it's on sale! :(

I'm fortunate in that my local Smyths has loads of Dol Guldur, Black Gate and Unexpected Gatherings left, but Lake Town is the one I really want of the lot. And by want I mean want 3. And my local Argos only has MEA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pikaia

Has anyone checked Ken Blacks to see if they have the same offer on?

pikaia wrote: »

What's Ken Black's?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coffee to go

pikaia wrote: »

Yeah it does, big range still in stock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Price update re: LOTR/Hobbit sets in Ken Blacks...

Significantly reduced:

79002 Attack of the Wargs €49.99
    79003 An Unexpected Gathering €34.99!
    79005 Wizard Battle €7.99
    79006 Council of Elrond €19.99
    79007 Black Gate €34.99!
    79011 Dol Guldur Ambush €12.99
    79012 Mirkwood Elf Army €19.99
    79013 Laketown Chase €29.99

Not reduced by as much:

9473 Mines of Moria €74.99
    79008 Pirate Ship Ambush €83.99

They also have some 79001 Escape from the Mirkwood Spiders still at full price of €24.99)

All the above are currently in stock in Portlaoise shop.

(For those wondering, Ken Blacks is a Toy Store chain in the Midlands & Southeast which shares its purchasing and catalogues with Smyths, but they are separate companies. However on the inside of a shop, you really wouldn't be able to tell the difference from a Smyths!)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Was in Tesco Nutgrove this evening, lots of lego with yellow "special purchase" labels, all of it about 10% over the RRP, not sure what that's about.:confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Lego have an up to 50% off sale across the store. Not much discount in lego unfortunately but 10-15 off some of the bigger sets.

The Smyths in Cork at the Kinsale Road roundabout has the reduced LOTR/Hobbit sets in at the moment. I was there this evening and they had a good few of them in stock:

LEGO Battle at the Black Gate 79007
    was €59.99 now €34.99

LEGO Lord of the Rings Pirate Ship Ambush 79008
    was €104.99 now €76.99

LEGO Hobbit Dol Guldur Battle 79014
    was €84.99 now €44.99

LEGO Hobbit Lake-town Chase 79013
    was €59.99 now €29.99

All Smyths have those prices. We have been discussing it.

GodlessM wrote: »
    All Smyths have those prices. We have been discussing it.

I'm aware of that as I had brought it up originally. The point I was making is that the Smyths in Kinsale road roundabout in Cork now has all the sets in stock as they didn't last week when I went looking for them.

Hoofball wrote: »
    I'm aware of that as I had brought it up originally. The point I was making is that the Smyths in Kinsale road roundabout in Cork now has all the sets in stock as they didn't last week when I went looking for them.

Right, my bad, I see what you were saying now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Why is the lake town chase such a popular one? I think bag end is a far more impressive set!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 andrew11

Smyths Carrickmines has Unexpected garhering 79003 for €35. There were still a few on the shelf at 12.30 today.

gubbie wrote: »
    Why is the lake town chase such a popular one? I think bag end is a far more impressive set!

My guess is because Lego has become about minifigs so much lately, and this has Bard in it. For me it's just one I like and because it is harder to find than AUG (though I have AUG already so that has something to do with it).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

There's a promotion on Star Wars Lego on their site celebrating 15 years of Star Wars Lego.
    -15% on a selection of LEGO Starwars
    -a free Dark Revan figure with purchases over €55
    -a free exclusive poster with any purchase

- Promotion starts at €11.04

http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Star-Wars?icmp=SHBanner_EU_Maythe4th

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Terry Wogans Inner Thigh

Allyall wrote: »
    There's a promotion on Star Wars Lego on their site celebrating 15 years of Star Wars Lego.
    -15% on a selection of LEGO Starwars
    -a free Dark Revan figure with purchases over €55
    -a free exclusive poster with any purchase

- Promotion starts at €11.04

http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Star-Wars?icmp=SHBanner_EU_Maythe4th

Woohoo thanks , need to get a super star destroyer for husbands birthday, only thing is they dint have them in stock til the 13th... Anyone have want experience on how long these take to ship to Ireland pls?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Woohoo thanks , need to get a super star destroyer for husbands birthday, only thing is they dint have them in stock til the 13th... Anyone have want experience on how long these take to ship to Ireland pls?

Only a few days anytime I've ordered, don't pay for express either. SSD is end of line I believe, so get when you can.

House of Fraser has a clearance sale on some items. Free to collect in store (Dundrum) or £3.00GBP (i think) to ship.

LEGO Clearance items - House of Fraser Toy Sale

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Terry Wogans Inner Thigh

Only a few days anytime I've ordered, don't pay for express either. SSD is end of line I believe, so get when you can.

Great, thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

Wow, they still have Lego 7326 Rise Of The Sphinx, must have dug that out of the stores somewhere!

• Advertisement

HorseSea wrote: »
    Wow, they still have Lego 7326 Rise Of The Sphinx, must have dug that out of the stores somewhere!

Yeah, and it's still quite expensive considering it's a "Clearance" sale and it launched at ~ €45.

Not really that great a sale. I'm sure I saw that somewhere for less than €30.

I'm looking for a few random sets.

Advertisement