Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tissot

• 14-03-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I'm looking at getting a new watch and had a look around the shops to see a style that I like. I saw the one below in a jewellery shop in town for €355.00 and I've seen it on Amazon for £ 280. From reading the forum a few people have recommended Tissot watches.
    The link below on ebay works out at about €160 but is it too good to be true?
    The seller has good feedback but is there something glaringly obvious you experts can see that would shout fake?:D

Any help as always would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Z.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Brand-New-Mens-T17-1-526-52-PRC-200-Chronograph-Watch-/170799224155?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item27c46d555b#ht_500wt_949

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Looks OK Z,the only issue will be the often long delay in shipping and the dreaded customs charges that you may well be hit by. I'd be looking for an ebayer closer to home in the EU myself.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

I've a Tissot - not that one a T-Touch - my understanding from reading on Forums is that the PRC 200 is a very commonly faked watch. I would not buy one from eBay at that price and with such low (136 sales) feedback

quick google will get you this http://www.jomashop.com/tissot-t17-1-526-52.html

which may or may not get hit for customs - it's not huge money if you do, but as Wibbs said - intra-EU if possible to avoid that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've the same watch, only with the blue face (I'm thinking of flogging it actually ;)).

As paddy says, they're a very commonly faked watch - boxes, papers and all - so I decided to pay the extra and get one that I knew to be genuine from Amazon. There are a few pointers available on how to spot a fake, but that presumes that they're not using an actual Tissot for the auction photos.

If you happen to know someone flying through Terminal 2 any time soon, the shop there sells them for about 300.

As with the one above, you should be able to save 30 or so by getting one on a leather strap instead of steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Wibbs wrote: »
    Looks OK Z,the only issue will be the often long delay in shipping and the dreaded customs charges that you may well be hit by. I'd be looking for an ebayer closer to home in the EU myself.
    paddyh117 wrote: »
    I've a Tissot - not that one a T-Touch - my understanding from reading on Forums is that the PRC 200 is a very commonly faked watch. I would not buy one from eBay at that price and with such low (136 sales) feedback

quick google will get you this http://www.jomashop.com/tissot-t17-1-526-52.html

which may or may not get hit for customs - it's not huge money if you do, but as Wibbs said - intra-EU if possible to avoid that

Thanks for the replies! I've been lucky to date with customs but chances are I'd get nabbed on this! :D
    I think even with customs the one in the link you've given me Paddy would come in below the retail price i've seen here anyway.

I'll have another browse though to see if I can find something within the EU as advised.

Cheers
    z

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Retail price here for the leather strap seems to be 335, so even if you do get stung for customs, it might be worth your while.

http://www.fields.ie/OnLineStoreStartPage/tabid/138/List/0/ProductID/12863/Default.aspx?txtSearch=tissot+prc200&SortField=ProductName%2cProductName

• Advertisement

Eoin wrote: »
    Retail price here for the leather strap seems to be 335, so even if you do get stung for customs, it might be worth your while.

http://www.fields.ie/OnLineStoreStartPage/tabid/138/List/0/ProductID/12863/Default.aspx?txtSearch=tissot+prc200&SortField=ProductName%2cProductName

Thanks Eoin!

No bothers - best of luck with the search. It's a really smart watch, and I think it's superb value for money. If it was a fraction bigger and I didn't already have other chronographs, I don't think I'd be selling mine.

No bothers - best of luck with the search. It's a really smart watch, and I think it's superb value for money. If it was a fraction bigger and I didn't already have other chronographs, I don't think I'd be selling mine.

Oh Are you selling one similar Eoin?

I have this version. I do like it, but it's just too similar to other chronos that I have, which I got as presents, so wouldn't sell them.

tissot_prc200_T17.1.586.42.jpg

I don't have it listed anywhere yet, might throw it up on adverts shortly. Feel free to PM me if you want more info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭lau1247

The cheapest I can find was at the dublin airport duty free shopping, no VAT and also if you search bargain alert section of boards.ie, there is a 10eur off airport carpark coupon you can use (Expire end of march)..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭dango

Thanks Dango ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭What? Oh Rly!

Got mine in fields. I said I wanted it and would only spend 300, it worked. Do the same.

Advertisement