Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Night Champion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Man, this game gets tougher the more you play.

I started legacy mode yesterday as playstation network was done. My first 2 fights were damns easy but then i started to get tougher oppenents who started to box to my style.

I am predominantly an outside fighter but i am forced to mix up my style as the opponents fight to your style....

My current legacy stats are 3-2-0 and no knockouts. All my victories are decisions !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yea I'm gonna restart my legacy career as well tonight I think. I'm 3-1-1 with 3KO's but I lost and drew the fights I was in cause I was trying to get the achievement for winning a fight with less than 50% stamina and it's just so hard to do. Or at least it is without dropping the difficulty.

Gonna try to keep playing on Pro though as I like that the challenge is there and you're not guaranteed an easy win. Plus the tougher CPU opponents prepare you better for the Online fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Whats the name of the PS3 Boards gym, so i can join

Crosáidí wrote: »

There isnt a ps3 boards.ie gym at the moment. There arent too many players from boards.ie playing on the PS3.

There is no point in creating a gym without atleast 5 members ( the whole purpose of the gym is to spar with each other and to take part in the seasons and rival fights). I joined an irish club called ireland's call. Its pretty decent. There are over 30 members and is quite good ( i mean the standard of players and everything). For the moment, i recommend you to join it.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/gyms/541A0001/6215/overview

If anyone else is interested in joining a boards.ie gym , let us know in this thread. As soon as we have 5 people from boards.ie interested, we will create a gym for boards.ie.

As of now, its just you and me.

Had a good few fights online last night. It's so frustrating as 80% of the people I meet are spamming one punch that they've maxed out. Really tough and frustrating. What's the point in fighting if that what you're going to do?

The game is great when you get 2 evenly matched fighters playing properly. Can't be touched for how engrossing the fights can be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

djkeogh wrote: »
    Had a good few fights online last night. It's so frustrating as 80% of the people I meet are spamming one punch that they've maxed out. Really tough and frustrating. What's the point in fighting if that what you're going to do?

The game is great when you get 2 evenly matched fighters playing properly. Can't be touched for how engrossing the fights can be.

The fact that EA allowed people to purchase boost packs for the online has pretty much ruined it. No point fighting half of them because they flash KO you in one or 2 punches. The patch is also still a few "months" away, which is ridiculous considering the glitches present in this game. I encountered one the other night that has sort of put me off starting another Legacy.

I created a HW fighter and went through the amateur tournament. Getting all set for my pro fight, I did one training session then a rest week. As I was resting, the screen went black for 2 seconds and I'm suddenly looking at Sonny Liston starting the amateur tournament all over again. Even my legacy save has been corrupted and it only reloads to that point now.

The initial like I had of this game is very quickly wearing off with the amount of glitches I'm seeing in it (legacy glitch, replays playing at 1 frame per second, 2 second freezes mid match etc).

=

Well, its not that bad if you outplay them. If you find that he has maxed out his jabs, then fight him in the inside. There is no point in using a jab against an inside fighter. Plus, since he spend a lot of time maxing out his jabs,he probably has his hooks at the basic level.

On the other hand, if his hooks are maxed out, fight in the outside and wait till he wears himself out... you get the idea right?

Its like real life boxing, some guys have certain certain shots that they are good with. You have to be prepared to outsmart him when u face him.

I know its annoying when you have to fight a guy that has a skill maxed out but if you loose the fight, the record is permanent and you go down in rankings. So you got to do what it takes and try to win the game..

I hate them guys too but the sense of accomplishment when u whop their asses is worth the trouble..

Go knock em out !

DarkJager wrote: »
    The fact that EA allowed people to purchase boost packs for the online has pretty much ruined it. No point fighting half of them because they flash KO you in one or 2 punches. The patch is also still a few "months" away, which is ridiculous considering the glitches present in this game. I encountered one the other night that has sort of put me off starting another Legacy.

I created a HW fighter and went through the amateur tournament. Getting all set for my pro fight, I did one training session then a rest week. As I was resting, the screen went black for 2 seconds and I'm suddenly looking at Sonny Liston starting the amateur tournament all over again. Even my legacy save has been corrupted and it only reloads to that point now.

The initial like I had of this game is very quickly wearing off with the amount of glitches I'm seeing in it (legacy glitch, replays playing at 1 frame per second, 2 second freezes mid match etc).

Man, that sucks... Try simulation display settings, It doesnt seem to have any mid game freezes. I hope i dont run into your legacy mode problem. I dont think i have the patience to restart legacy mode again..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

This game is fustrating the hell out of me now, got through all the Champion campaign on champion setting,
    until the last fight against Isaac Frost, he's untouchable even on amateur setting, granted some of the other fights took me a couple of goes but you always felt you'll eventually beat your opponent but not Frost

In the online you seem to be matched against people who are 86,87 Overall when you're starting out at 78 Overall, which is like throwing a lightweight in with a heavyweight, fairly unbalanced and you've no hope of competing with the power

This game is fustrating the hell out of me now, got through all the Champion campaign on champion setting,
    until the last fight against Isaac Frost, he's untouchable even on amateur setting, granted some of the other fights took me a couple of goes but you always felt you'll eventually beat your opponent but not Frost

In the online you seem to be matched against people who are 86,87 Overall when you're starting out at 78 Overall, which is like throwing a lightweight in with a heavyweight, fairly unbalanced and you've no hope of competing with the power
    Just listen to the coaches instructions and you;ll kick his ass. For the first 2 rounds, do nothing but block and run because he will knock you down with that left hook. When it comes time for the 75 body jabs, just run in and string 3 or 4 together (you don't need to power them up as the coach tells you, normal body jabs will do). You have 3 rounds to do this so take your time and be cautious while doing it. Once that's done its a matter of blocking/running again until you're told to get him. At this stage, a few well placed shots will drop him in no time.

He's tough but he isn't invincible.

• Advertisement

I've gotten into a proper rhythm with my online fighter now. Was getting beaten every single fight til I examined why I was losing and started levelling up my weaknesses. Since doing that I've been dancing round the ring and beating all sorts above and below me in skill. On a 7 win streak at the moment and managing to end fights within 5 rounds more often than not.

My best tip for the online is just to go slow in the first round and stay away from your opponent for the most part. You need to feel him out and you should be able to tell fairly quickly what his favourite punch is. Once you know it you can avoid it or at least try too.

I've been flash KO'd too many times within the first few punches of a fight and I think they should take that out. Nothing wrong with a flash KD but a game ending punch within the 1st few rounds is so annoying.

I've been flash KO'd too many times within the first few punches of a fight and I think they should take that out. Nothing wrong with a flash KD but a game ending punch within the 1st few rounds is so annoying.

Its an interesting arguement. A lot of people complain about the flash knockouts in the game. However, i have never ever been flash knocked out. nor have i ever flash KO'ed anyone else. I think its all about the way you fight. I am an outside fighter. I dont use power shots at all. Infact, my average power shots after a full 10 round match is 30-40 when compared to the 100-200 of my oponent. I am a very defensive fighter and usually fight the 10 full rounds if i am fighting an outside fighter. If i am fighting a brawler, usually the match lasts 7-8 rounds. Since i rely on jabs, straights and body shots, i hardly lose more than 75 percent stamina. So by the 8th round, my oponent is usually too tired to throw anymore punches and is too slow (due to the body shots given by me in the earlier rounds). It becomes extremly easy to knock them out then.

The only exception to this is when i fight a brawler who is 5 -10 levels above me. In that case, I go down by the 5th or 6th round. Still never have been flash knocked out in online matches.

As a matter of fact, the only time i was flash knocked out was when i was drunk and playing against my room mate.

Its all about the way you fight.

Yea, I have flash KO'd people twice now I think. Once in the first round and once in the 3rd after having scored KD's earlier in the fight. When I've scored them they've been off counter punches rather than power shots. I would be like yourself and generally throw a fraction of the power punches that my opponents do. Like I say you can tell the fighters big punches within a few seconds of a fight so it's up to you to avoid them and not be silly.

I'm an outside fighter but I like to get inside as well and duck and move for counters. Have had a few fights go the full 10 rounds and i've felt hard done by by the decision.

Also running into these online bugs people are talking about. I've ad to reboot the Xbox a number of times cause the game freezes on the fighter screen. Whats worse is when it crashes during a fight as you get the L. It's come up with a disc read error during online fight once and just generally dropped the connection twice. Very annoying and off putting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

i dont have xbox live but on pro difficulty level i won the 3 belts in light heavyweight and have gone up to heavyweight now and won 2/3 belts in legacy mode

i was getting beaten every fight till i decided to become a counter puncher so i maxed out my straight right and i try make my oponents miss and counter punch!

i find inside fighters the hardest to beat as i struggle to keep the distance as they come inside up close and catch me with big uppercuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Why is the career mode so bloody hard? Playing on pro, Cannot knockout Alvarez no matter what I do, can't even get him dazed, his face is in bits at the end of the fight but he won't go down, tried this three times now and am getting very annoyed. The only way you can win is by knockout so they make it extra hard to do :rolleyes:

counter punching the only way in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

counter punching the only way in my experience

I'm finding that the counter punching is much less intuitive than in FNR4.
    I loved the system in the last game, the puch control was tight and easy to learn, having to hold the shoulder button to punch the body is a step backwards IMO and where I used to be an expert at counter puncing I'm now always getting caught with a huge amount of counter punches and landing none.
    Perhaps the problem is that I need to improve my head movement stats etc before counter puncing will become a proper part of my strategy.

I like a lot of the polish in this game but the core gameplay, for me at least has taken a step backwards. I feel that anything good I do is more down to fluke than skill which takes a huge amount of satisfaction out of the game.
    It's broken my love of the series if I'm honest and unless they fix the issues that are brekaing the game for me in the next outing (whenever it arrives) I probably wont be spending my money on another Fight Night game:(

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

nullzero wrote: »
    I'm finding that the counter punching is much less intuitive than in FNR4.
    I loved the system in the last game, the puch control was tight and easy to learn, having to hold the shoulder button to punch the body is a step backwards IMO and where I used to be an expert at counter puncing I'm now always getting caught with a huge amount of counter punches and landing none.
    Perhaps the problem is that I need to improve my head movement stats etc before counter puncing will become a proper part of my strategy.

I like a lot of the polish in this game but the core gameplay, for me at least has taken a step backwards. I feel that anything good I do is more down to fluke than skill which takes a huge amount of satisfaction out of the game.
    It's broken my love of the series if I'm honest and unless they fix the issues that are brekaing the game for me in the next outing (whenever it arrives) I probably wont be spending my money on another Fight Night game:(

exact same with me, ive been playing FN since round 2 and ive always been decent at the games but im absolutely shocking at this game, it seems like anything i used to be good at in the game is gimped, duck and weave, outfighting, counters, quick dodging :( this game seems to be alot more of a brawler type game tbh

i find it harder than 4 myself aswell and to be honest only way i can win a fight is take a step back make oponnent miss and counter with power punch straight right!

you cant go after an oponent anymore cause they just counter by simply blocking you which is stupid maybe theyve put too much emphasis on countering which in doing so has left other styles unable to win a fight

Are you guys talking about the online in the game or the Legacy mode specifically.

I like the new XP system they've incorporated into the game and that definitely has an impact on how well or effectively you fight. I don't think it's a brawler unless you want it to be. I mix things up alot by scoring from the outside then getting inside to land a few combos and more effective punches before popping back out again. Using side step and Weave alot to make the guy miss and score counters as well.

The only issues I have with the game are some of the cheap online tactics. Some guys online are just spammers either with body punches or blocking for counters. Don't get me started on the guys who just run for 10 rounds and manage to get a clean sweep on scorecards.

When you get an opponent who plays fair, and fights without the exploits, the game is on fire. I had a grueling fight the other night with a guy who fought almost identically to me. By the 9th round we were both in ribbons and barely able to move around the ring. Was one of my best match ups and either of us could have won at any stage.

• Advertisement

Bareknuckle fighting to be introduced in the DLC. Result :D

http://kotaku.com/#!5785561/fight-night-champion-dlc-to-include-bare-knuckle-fighting
    Bare-knuckle boxing will play out like the prison sequences - no timed round, no referee, last man standing. So you can get in all the nutshots and headbutts you like. The DLC arrives March 29 for Xbox 360, March 30 on PS3.

Bareknuckle fighting to be introduced in the DLC. Result :D

http://kotaku.com/#!5785561/fight-night-champion-dlc-to-include-bare-knuckle-fighting

should have been in from the get go seeing as round 4 had it....as dlc too :mad:

should have been in from the get go seeing as round 4 had it....as dlc too :mad:

Round 4 had bareknuckle as well? I never knew that.

Round 4 had bareknuckle as well? I never knew that.

damn im pretty sure i read that somewhere :o cant find squat on it now though, i dont buy dlc's so im no expert on the matter but in all fairness BK boxing should be part of the game not an added cost

• Registered Users Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

damn im pretty sure i read that somewhere :o cant find squat on it now though, i dont buy dlc's so im no expert on the matter but in all fairness BK boxing should be part of the game not an added cost

It had "Old School" mode which was the same as the hard hits mode from round 3, you wore gloves and rounds were as long as it took for one fighter to go down.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Bareknuckle DLC? Paying for content that's already on the disc. Ugh.

Online is getting a tad dull. Another toe to toe with another Mike Tyson. Great. It's like FIFA, vs Barca every game.

I've been keeping my online play to the OWC and not played any Head to Head fights online. It's a bit more varied in OWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, I'll give that a go, sure.

A guy I was playing last night was very sneaky. He butted me early on and proceeded to go on a major offensive. When I counter punched him into a daze, he hit a low blow and it went to the point deduction cut scene and I lost my window to knock him down. Dirty dog.

yea, you'll find a few poeple doing that alright. I've won 2 fights by DQ cause they kept butting or low blows when dazed. It's frustrating but the guys who do it are generally not very good and can be easily beaten. It's the body spammers that I can't abide. Throwing nothing but jabs to the gut. Its cheap and hard to work against.

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Why is the career mode so bloody hard? Playing on pro, Cannot knockout Alvarez no matter what I do, can't even get him dazed, his face is in bits at the end of the fight but he won't go down, tried this three times now and am getting very annoyed. The only way you can win is by knockout so they make it extra hard to do :rolleyes:

Had no problem with him and beat him first time as I have them all so far.

Maybe it was your fighting style, I get close, and use a lot of weave and catch them with uppercuts both sides when they miss and plenty of body shots when low(I mainly only throw right hook power to the body, find that easiest to do for some reason, can't use them effectively with the other punches, need to train myself out of that)
    jmx009 wrote: »
    There isnt a ps3 boards.ie gym at the moment. There arent too many players from boards.ie playing on the PS3.

If anyone else is interested in joining a boards.ie gym , let us know in this thread. As soon as we have 5 people from boards.ie interested, we will create a gym for boards.ie.

As of now, its just you and me.

Are both of ye in that gym you linked?.

I got this today and will be playing it a bit and if online is going to require the use of a gym then I'd like to get involved in one.

EDIT: Tried that gym there, can't even join it, says it's full, there's another one by the name of Ireland with more then one member but that's full too.

Advertisement