Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guaranteed Tip for Putting Greatness

• 19-11-2009 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭

I may be over selling it but for those who struggle with putting I have recently made a slight change to great results. Perhaps you might like to try it.

Its based on a clip on you tube from legendary putter Ben Crenshaw.
    He simply states when he was young, his coach, suggested people should putt like they chip.

Well with a little modification, I started putting this way. Its given me great feel for distance plus better control of the putter head. I also have a better view of the line of the putt. Which is helping also.

Basically, open your stance a little, forward press of the hands, head down and roll the ball forward nice and smoothly.

I know its against everything being thought in the game but hey, it works for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

I've been putting with an open stance for many a year. It helps me to see the line of the putt.

On the other hand Gary Player used a closed stance and he wasn't a bad putter either.

Closed, open, square - whatever suits.

There's no quick route to success though - many, many hours on the putting green are required to be a good putter. Hours that sadly I no longer can justify.

Advertisement