Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Holy SH@T they can talk - or at least one of them! The suited one perhaps??

It's neat to hear exactly what happened to Skittles/Duncan. I wonder why the Z's didn't eat him and left him alone?

Who knocked out Kilani? Zombies? Really? They used subdual instead of eating him? Wow... I'm guessing the pills he took were what made him tired/loopy when Michael and the crew found him. AND they can start fires? Again probably just the suited one, but geeze...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

DakotaYoda wrote: »

Do you not remember the Suited one being able to talk when he got into the tower? He said 'I'm Paul' to trick the guards.

Do you not remember the Suited one being able to talk when he got into the tower? He said 'I'm Paul' to trick the guards.

I do remember that happening but did we actually hear them speak in that episode? If so I don't remember that or maybe it just didn't come across as clearly as the new one did.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I do remember that happening but did we actually hear them speak in that episode? If so I don't remember that or maybe it just didn't come across as clearly as the new one did.

Yeah he spoke clearly in that episode. He was able to pretend to be the dead man (Paul who had been on guard duty) in front of Michael/Burt/Saul/Angel and he was able to talk to Paul and either pegs or Lizzie in order to get into the tower.

Another character mentioned he/it could talk as well, but I think the only time we actually heard him/it speak was that time inside the tower.

It's neat to hear exactly what happened to Skittles/Duncan. I wonder why the Z's didn't eat him and left him alone?

Who knocked out Kilani? Zombies? Really? They used subdual instead of eating him? Wow... I'm guessing the pills he took were what made him tired/loopy when Michael and the crew found him. AND they can start fires? Again probably just the suited one, but geeze...

They also took Datu without killing him along with Samantha and everyone else they had in the arena so it is a tactic they have used in the past. We knew they could start fires, they had them lit all over the arena floor when Datu was being held in the arena.

• Advertisement

Bit of a pain that there is no episode next week.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Bit of a pain that there is no episode next week.

Yeah... sucks when it's an off week. I don't have much else to look forward to on a Monday otherwise...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Found that episode a bit dull. Assume it's paving a way to a big reveal, but we found out that skittles name was Duncan. Not much else really. We knew they could talk. We knew CJ was in the other tower, that there had been more people, that they were over run. We already knew Kelani had met scar, and we know now that she has some kind of hold over him.

Another whole week to go :(

Neat thing posted today - it's a full timeline of We're Alive. It's fan produced by approved by the We're Alive crew. Check it out:

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Timeline

• Advertisement

NEW

EPISODE

DAY

...hates the waiting on a monday morning... :mad::mad::mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Where is it?! :( :mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Wait no, it's up now! :)

30 min episode.

Poor episode imho. This season seems to have a hell of a lot of filler.

We discovered nothing new, and pretty much went over old ground again just to confirm what most already suspected about Kalani.

We are getting nothing new at the army base, nothing new on the mallers, nothing new on the search for Lizzie, nothing new on the fates of Burt and Angel etc etc, and the zeds seem to be a distant afterthought now.

Damn... had to wait until just now to listen to it, though I had seen your comment on a 30min episode and was hopeful.

Yeah - not much to it. I may have to re-listen but it really did just rehash stuff that has already happened and confirmed suspicions about Kilani. I really like flashback stuff to fill in gaps - but not episodes in a row really. Time to move the story along...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I was disappointed with this 30 min episode, hopefully the pace will pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭touts

They have spent so long building a foundation in the first half of the season what they build on it in the second half better be cracking.

touts wrote: »
    They have spent so long building a foundation in the first half of the season what they build on it in the second half better be cracking.

For me they have lost all the momentum they had built up in the final few chapters and finale of season two. It is nearly all flash backs to stuff from season one and gap filling of things that were pretty obvious from season one as well.

• Advertisement

The only thing I can come up with is that whoever is at or in charge of the new base where Michael and company are - it's someone they already know or have run into. Not sure if they are good or bad or what... but I am guessing they will reveal something about this person via flashbacks, etc. I dunno... hoping there is a reason for the amount of time they are spending on filling in backstory.

My own gut feeling was that the flashbacks were a way to get by on a smaller budget or something.

Something along the lines of the cast members that were on smaller wages being used to churn out a certain amount of episodes, and then the regulars get brought back for the remainder.

Could be totally wrong with that guess, but the sound production sounds a bit below that of the first two seasons as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Kess73 wrote: »
    My own gut feeling was that the flashbacks were a way to get by on a smaller budget or something.

Something along the lines of the cast members that were on smaller wages being used to churn out a certain amount of episodes, and then the regulars get brought back for the remainder.

Could be totally wrong with that guess, but the sound production sounds a bit below that of the first two seasons as well.

I thought it was just me thinking the sound quality was poorer this season. First 2 seasons it was excellent, I could see in my mind everything that was happening. Now it all seems a bit...unclear? When action happens, it all seems chaotic and difficult to follow.
    Or i could be gettin old :)

phill106 wrote: »
    I thought it was just me thinking the sound quality was poorer this season. First 2 seasons it was excellent, I could see in my mind everything that was happening. Now it all seems a bit...unclear? When action happens, it all seems chaotic and difficult to follow.
    Or i could be gettin old :)

I don't think it is so much difficult to follow as it has become dull. Characters that they have spent two seasons building up and making listeners interested in are simply not mentioned.

Burt and Angel are two that, save for a little bit of chatter about them in the first episode or so in the third season, have received little acknowledgment.

We, the listeners, know that at least one is still alive based on what was said after the credits of the season two finale (personally I think both are somehow after surving falling from the very top of a high rise block based on Burt talking in the past tense about the tower falling during the finale), but the supposed cliffhanger has not been followed up on at all, along with whatever the mallers were doing and why Scratch was looking for Angel.

The army base storyline has been a total let down after it had been built up into a big part of the storyline in earlier seasons. Now it has been reduced to Michael playing a guitar like a moody child and the reading of Kalani's diary.

The Saul/Vic search for Lizzie has also been reduced to Kalani's backstory. Surely they could have had one group doing the Kalani backstory and had the other group following their own storyline to make things interesting. Just makes me think that there is cost cutting going on, especially when big chunks of season two got played during the last episode.

And lest I forget.....

NEW

EPISODE

DAY

It is on itunes now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

This weeks is much better, it has build up some suspense for next week. I imagine Kalani has now been put to bed.

This weeks is much better, it has build up some suspense for next week. I imagine Kalani has now been put to bed.

Yeah a much better episode this week. Things are finally moving forward again. Just did a count and this was the 11th episode of season 3. Just shows how much filler there is this season.

So a return to ground zero is on the cards again. Saul seemed very dumb with regrds to Ground Zero. Surely he would have known more about it seeing as members of his own group have been there before. They also seem to be hinting that it is the starting point for everything with their comments about how the special creatures only seem to be found near ground zero, plus Kalani had said in the past that he saw no specials in Hawaii (although he did also say that the regular ones seemed nastier there).

It would make no sense for there to only be one ground zero though, otherwise how could the creatures be worldwide so quicjky, and how would they have been in Hawaii at the same time as they were starting off in LA. But good to see some progress anyway.

Tanya's freakout could be interesting. Maybe she has a bite or something, or could she be wired or have some form of communication device that allows her to send info back to the colony? They better not have some cop out reason like she is nervous of check ups.

Poor old Burt, Lizzie, and Angel still are in limbo with regards to their storylines :(

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Suspected they'd be going back to the dead zone from the chapter pic.

557351_10150794076923185_123891458184_231091449_1693889920_n.jpg

Very odd about Tanya though. A bite is the easy scenario. Too obvious really. Being wired up is an interesting option. Maybe it's the medical side of the check. Underlying medical condition she doesn't want anyone to know about? Didn't think she'd mind too much as Saul isn't around.

With the guys in the base, I was initially wondering were they being led away individually, like the camp guards did in Auschwitz. But they're small in number, and not armed, so the group isn't really a threat to the base.

If Tanya was injured, it must be since we've met her, as they were really strict in the southern colony. Wasn't tanya seperated from the group when the tower was attacked? Was she knocked down at some stage during the attack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Options for tanya.
    1. A bite. Think she would have been showing signs by now. Unlikely.
    2. Some kind of communication device. Possibly. Leaning towards likely from available choices.
    3. Tatoo's...Related to zombies with ink on arms. Would be a stretch considering we seem to know most of her back story already. Possible.
    4. Pre-op transexual. Unlikely unless she adopted saul.
    5. Some kind of PTSD from being examined before, perhaps due to ground zero...Possible

As for the army base I keep getting the feeling something is iffy with the general. Either he does not exist, or is incapacitated and only the 2nd in command knows and has been pretending since it happened.

Another thing I just thought of is this army base. While it is not directly addressed, we can assume it is mostly male.
    The first person who has been seperated from the group? Riley.. A womanl..
    Second and third to be taken now and checked out seperately? More women.
    Could be that the general (if he exists) is doing some forward thinking, and knows that he will need some good ol' fashioned breeding stock!

Finally regarding victor and saul. Why don't they just turn on the air tanks when they start feeling the effects? Would save alot of air.

Advertisement