Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

mrdmb wrote: »
    lads i have a query on this be i would appreciate ur help..
    i place a bet for a treble to win with 4 lines at 10 euros(total of 40 euros) each for
    southhampton to win at 1/4
    westham game goals more than 2.5 at 4/6
    blackpool game goals more than 2.5 at 8/11
    Reading game with both teams to score at 8/13

so i won 3 lines but the bet return including the stake was 35 euros

is it correct or no.?thx

€35.98 is what you are due including stake, so a net loss of €4.02.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

How did 3 lines win? Looks to me as only 1 line won,

its 3 line cuz southhampton wont and the west ham game finished 2-1 which is more than 2 goals and the blackpool game 2-2 which is more than 2 goals..

or maybe am missing something here in how the bet is settled.?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It's impossible for 3 lines to win actually now that I think of it, if one team leaves you down(reading) then that's 3 trebles gone, leaving you with 10 euro stake back, and your winnings on the 1 line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

mrdmb wrote: »
    its 3 line cuz southhampton wont and the west ham game finished 2-1 which is more than 2 goals and the blackpool game 2-2 which is more than 2 goals..

or maybe am missing something here in how the bet is settled.?

Exactly, those are the only 3 that came in, so that's one line.

You would have needed the 4 to win, to have a few lines.

shocksy wrote: »
    Exactly, those are the only 3 that came in, so that's one line.

You would have needed the 4 to win, to have a few lines.

ah ok i get it now lol..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

terrible day thanks to crawley and newcastle looking at this for tonight

villarreal 4/5
    sheff utd 4/5
    porto 4/9

just under 4/1 anyone got an opinion on this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Polar101

Does anyone have stats on the PP enhanced specials? Seems like a pretty good idea to go against them..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

15 on Norwich @11/5. Worth a punt I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

15 on Norwich @11/5. Worth a punt I'd say.

They're 7/2 now,No Holt up top.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Well, today has been absolute carnage.

I'm on Norwich DNB too, we'll win now. Just watch :D

• Advertisement

Liverpool are favourites again for some reason, so I'm going against them once more.. Norwich to win at 4.7 at Betfair.

(Up to 4.8 now but I placed the bet earlier)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

Norwich and Sheffield United to win, 5 pays back 37. Seems like a good bet although Liverpool do have a strong enough team out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

So many people on Norwich.........this is normally the time Pool win so Im going for them :)

for the norwich game i only put a small bet on a goal to be scored at each half..
    but will go for the live betting instead..safer as the game is un predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

kryogen wrote: »
    So many people on Norwich.........this is normally the time Pool win so Im going for them :)

Yup and im chancing them -1 asian both with PP. Plus no Holt starting so kinda makes sense to go with Liverpool :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

user2011 wrote: »
    Yup and im chancing them -1 asian both with PP. Plus no Holt starting so kinda makes sense to go with Liverpool :pac:

That'll do softens the blow from my earlier c**k up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭mcw92

I cant understand this free 50€ bet in the United City game on 365.

"Place a pre-match bet on the Manchester derby and we will give you a free In-Play bet to the same stake on the big match."

So if i bet 50€ pre game, il receive a free 50€ bonus bet to place inplay.

"To qualify for your free In-Play bet, simply place a bet before kick-off, then once the game starts place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max €50)."

So lets say i bet the pre game 50€ on over 0.5 goals.(returns 52)
    Il then receive the free 50€ to place in play.
    I bet the free 50 on under .5 goal(0-0)(returns 650 :P )

If theres a goal, i win the original 50bet, which returns 52,
    and i lose the 50 free bet i placed.
    But do i also receive another free bet of 50€ to place on anything i want ?
    "If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max €50)."

mcw92 wrote: »
    But do i also receive another free bet of 50€ to place on anything i want ?
    "If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max €50)."

The wording is a bit confusing, what you get is money back if your in-play bet loses - provided you make a bet on that game before the match. So not really a 'free' bet since you have to have funds on your account to place the bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Make the 50 pre game bet something close to gauranteed, then bet another 50 in play and if it loses they will refund the in play bet.

simples.

The bet your thinking of doing is usually void as you cant lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

a double for tomorrow:
    BATE Borissov (Belarussian league)
    Spartaks (Latvian league)
    @ 2.53 :)

BATE are playing vs the 2nd best team in Belarus, Shakhter, but BATE are in really good form, they beat their big rivals Dinamo Minsk 2-0 last weekend, I've seen the highlights of most of BATE's games this season and they're playing really well this season. Shakhter lost last weekend vs the side bottom of the table.

Spartaks are a promoted team who've had surprisingly good results so far, they're on a 3 game winning streak, they even beat Liepajas who are one of the top 3 teams in Latvia. They have several foriegn players including...5 Colombians :confused:. Anyway, tomorrow they're playing vs another promoted team who are 9th out of 10.

and a single on BATE to win to nil @ 2.85 :)

Get in! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

Polar101 wrote: »
    Does anyone have stats on the PP enhanced specials? Seems like a pretty good idea to go against them..

Dont know if their is stats on these bets , but I remember posting on the previous version of this thread last year about the amount of times these bets never come in . If I was doing some bets and they was the same selections as the P/P power play or enchanced specials I would change my selections as I know that the P/P specials favour P/P rather than us punters.

Get in! :D

:( i wish those games were in ladbrokes..! but its ok since i made 800 euros winnings today from other matches...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭risenbass

Is there a reason Osasuna are 4/1 away to Villarreal?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

manual_man wrote: »
    40 quid accumi

Everton -1
    Liverpool -1
    Spurs -1
    Villa DNB

Ahoy

Woah. Fair whack in this for me if Spurs win by more than one tomorrow

risenbass wrote: »
    Is there a reason Osasuna are 4/1 away to Villarreal?

They are not very good on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Make the 50 pre game bet something close to gauranteed,

and for someone who hasnt availed of this offer before and wants a
    certainty then have a bet on less than 5 2nd half goals at 1/80 before the
    game kicks off and then enjoy
    your free bet in running bet
    im really unsure what to put it on
    can't figure out if there'll be goals or not

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Higgytash wrote: »
    Anyone any advice or views on this bet, im thinking of sticking €100 on this 9/1 shout... usually wouldn't put so much on such odds but think d circumstances cud prove just!!

Last day of championship tomorrow,

southampton home to relegated coventry who have nothing to play for, southampton need to win to ensure the auto promo spot....

West Ham home to Hull, Hammers need to win and hope that saints slip to make the last auto promo spot, hammers on good form too 16 goals in last 5 games...

Cardiff need just a draw away to palace to confirm their playoff spot... Palace in absolute shiiit form and nothing to play for...

Middlesborough need a win and hope for cardif slip to get playoff spot, away to watford who again have nothing to play for...

I Know its risky but the thought of winning a grand where d 4 other teams have absolutely nothing to play 4 sounds good!

4 fold , Boro , cardiff, west Ham, Southampton €100 retuns €946

good win if u ended up scrapping Boro for Everton!!:D

3 Australian league matches later

3 Faves (1/12, 1/14, 1/20) all to be winning at half time, just under evens (0.94)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My main bet for tomorrow

Udinese v Lazio
    Di Natale anytime scorer 11/10

A huge game for 3rd CL spot. Lazio are really poor away from home and missing players, its the perfect chance for Udinese to get into a Cl spot.

Udinese are without forward Antonio Floro Flores who is suspended.
    Marius Stankevicius, Miroslav Klose, Senad Lulic, Hernanes and Christian Brocchi are out injured for Lazio.

edit

Also if you look back at previous h2h's when Udinese were at home, Di Natale has scored against Lazio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slookie

kryogen wrote: »
    3 Australian league matches later

3 Faves (1/12, 1/14, 1/20) all to be winning at half time, just under evens (0.94)

Did the 3 favourites all ht/ft...works out at 2.07. Just a tenner for the craic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement