Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specsavers - How much is the consultation for contacts?

• 05-08-2012 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm off to get my eyes tested during the week but I also want to ask them about contacts too.

They told me on the phone that the eye test would be €15 but they never mentioned anything about if the contact consultation would cost anything.

Has anyone got this done and know if they charge for the consultation?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I joined Specsavers last year. I booked an eye test, which I thought would also include a contacts consultation but I was wrong and ended up paying more than I thought.

The basic eye test was €15, then the test for contact lenses was another €20, and I also went away with 2 weeks trial of daily disposable lenses for €16.50.

This was July 2011 so prices may be different now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

I didn't have the above experience. I went into Specsavers in October with a previous prescription (from elsewhere) and paid about 20 euro for a contacts eye test. I then chatted with the girl who tested my eyes about whether or not my eyes were suitable for contacts, and then explained my options for different types of contacts.

I then met another girl who gave me a tutorial in putting in and taking out contacts, and she got me to do it a few times in front of her before she gave me a supply of 5 days contacts to practice with and get used to, and then I went back in a few days to have my eyes checked again to make sure everything was ok, and only then did I place an order and pay for contacts. The trial pairs were free.

Maybe give them a call again and ask if the test is the same for contacts/glasses, and ask them the exact cost. I often find with most customer service people (from any background) the only way to get the information you want is to ask very specific questions.

Advertisement